What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kawika Mitchell MLB Chiefs (1 Viewer)

snakeinthegrass

Footballguy
Not only does it look like he has the MLB job wrapped up, but he will be a 3 down MLB as well.

"But Mitchell isn’t cruising into the position. He earned the middle linebacker spot with his off-season work. The improvement has continued here in River Falls. He’s getting to the ball, he’s making plays and he’s directing the defense. Not only that, but he never leaves the field; when the Chiefs go to their sub defenses, he’s on the field for all of them, whether it’s nickel with an extra defensive back, or their four-linebacker set." :banned:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/01/gr..._in_the_middle/

This is a good report. I sure hope it's true.For whatever reason, I assumed the downfall of Kawika's game was his lack of coverage skills. This report obviously says otherwise.Speaking of coverage LB's, I believe D Johnson will never leave the field either. He's the best coverage LB on the team. If I'm correct and the above-listed article is correct, a bigger question exist...Where is Bell on passing downs?? Do the Chiefs use him as a pass-rushing OLB/DE on passing downs, replacing Eric Hicks and rushing opposite Jared Allen?? Is Bell yanked on passing downs with both Allen and Carlos Hall rushing the QB?? Many questions which should be ironed-out in the next few weeks...this is the purpose of training camp.

This is a good report. I sure hope it's true.

For whatever reason, I assumed the downfall of Kawika's game was his lack of coverage skills. This report obviously says otherwise.

Speaking of coverage LB's, I believe D Johnson will never leave the field either. He's the best coverage LB on the team. If I'm correct and the above-listed article is correct, a bigger question exist...

Where is Bell on passing downs??

Do the Chiefs use him as a pass-rushing OLB/DE on passing downs, replacing Eric Hicks and rushing opposite Jared Allen?? Is Bell yanked on passing downs with both Allen and Carlos Hall rushing the QB?? Many questions which should be ironed-out in the next few weeks...this is the purpose of training camp.
Bell stays in on passing downs, occasionally blitzing from the LB position ... although it is possible he sees some time with his hand on the ground ... Gunther is really planning to get Bell after the passer ...Right now, I think the LBs playing nickel at various times would be: Bell, Mitchell, Johnson ... the only real question in my mind is whether Johnson loses snaps to Fox on running plays ...

Fujita is pure backup; same for Grigsby ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of coverage LB's, I believe D Johnson will never leave the field either. He's the best coverage LB on the team.
“This guy is a true impact player,” Vermeil said. “He’s a 250-pound guy who can run like a cornerback. I mean, this guy is fast. We could put him in the slot and have him cover a receiver one-on-one. It’s crazy. I’ve seen a lot of athletes, but I haven’t seen many like Derrick Johnson. We just need to get him here.”link:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/s...fs/12272879.htm

Blurb from USA today, which I think has some truth ...Posted 6/22/2005 5:28 PM Updated 6/29/2005 3:44 PM Chiefs defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham is the latest coach planning the 3-4 scheme as a sub package. Cunningham plans to implement the 3-4 in likely passing downs to maximize Kansas City's improved defensive speed. ...Kendrell Bell would play like Derrick Thomas I think, with Keyaron Fox sliding inside?

I've got Mitchell and Bell in Z31 so my LB starting options should keep me busy from week to week. :loco:

Users who are viewing this thread