What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper advice? (1 Viewer)

Disposable Hero

Footballguy
I am in a 12 team, keeper/salary cap league. It is a 1/2 ppr and we start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE. We protect our keepers by salary cap. We can protect any combo up to $12million. Who would you keep? I have J.Taylor($5.12), A.Ekeler($4.91). AJ Brown($3.96), G.Wilson($2.61), B.Hall($3.54), TJ Hockenson($3.0), and T.Higgins($3.78). Give me your opinion and leave a link and I will answer yours. Thanks in advance.

I usually like to build my team around quality receivers. However, in this case, I think I would keep Taylor and Hall. Both had forgettable seasons in 2022, but I think they are both still top 5 RB keeper picks. If you want to keep a WR, I'd keep Brown and one of the RBs.

Either what CJw_55106 said or J Taylor, AJ Brown, and Garrett Wilson for me please. Or if you prefer Hall to Taylor, go for that. Anybody at $1.80 worth keeping?

I think Cjw might be on to something because you have to start 2 RBs. I might lean with his, but that Taylor/Brown/Wilson is sure tempting. You've got the RB3, WR3 or WR4 and the WR5-8 there. That's a lot of value.

For some reason, I was thinking you could keep 2, up to 12M.
I would keep Taylor, Wilson and Hall for 11.27

Is there any benefit to not going up to the cap of $12M? Does it get you a better draft pick or anything? Is there any advantage to keeping less players (extra draft picks or something else)? How long can you keep someone and does their salary go up?

Assuming there is no benefit or advantage to having salary cap room or less keeper numbers I likely keep the following:

1. Wilson (2.61) - At his price he is a must keep
  2. Hall (3.54) - Injury has some worry but his upside is too high
  3. JT (5.12) - I trust he will be back and like him better than Ekeler
Total: 11.27M

Either what CJw_55106 said or J Taylor, AJ Brown, and Garrett Wilson for me please. Or if you prefer Hall to Taylor, go for that. Anybody at $1.80 worth keeping?

I think Cjw might be on to something because you have to start 2 RBs. I might lean with his, but that Taylor/Brown/Wilson is sure tempting. You've got the RB3, WR3 or WR4 and the WR5-8 there. That's a lot of value.
Nobody at $1.8 worth keeping. Pacheco is $1.35 but he is a #3/#4 RB. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Is there any benefit to not going up to the cap of $12M? Does it get you a better draft pick or anything? Is there any advantage to keeping less players (extra draft picks or something else)? How long can you keep someone and does their salary go up?

Assuming there is no benefit or advantage to having salary cap room or less keeper numbers I likely keep the following:

1. Wilson (2.61) - At his price he is a must keep
  2. Hall (3.54) - Injury has some worry but his upside is too high
  3. JT (5.12) - I trust he will be back and like him better than Ekeler
Total: 11.27M
There is no benefit/advantage to having salary cap space or less keeper numbers. Thanks for the reply.

Kinda my thoughts. JT, AJB, Wilson, I think Wilson could also be traded this year too. I don't know if that helps you improve salary. BUT I think His price is high w/o certainty of log trm QB situation. If not 2 WRs I would go HALL. Targeting the elite upside positions. NO one is big on HIGGINs HOCK or Ekeler. I think there are values to be had at RB. But most won't perform at elite level but it'll reload you for next year I suppose. Since single QB it seems there's no one worthwhile as well. I like it. Final answer

Users who are viewing this thread