What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper between D Jones (7th round pick) or Goff (9th round pick) (1 Viewer)

Would you keep D Jones as a 7th rounder or J Goff as a 9th rounder?

• D Jones as a 7th rounder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • J Goff as a 9th rounder

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Buzzbait

Footballguy
I have the option of keeping either D Jones as a 7th rounder or J Goff as a 9th rounder.

This is a 12 team redraft with the option to keep one player, for one year, that was selected in the 6th round or later. Points for QBs are 1 pt for each 20 yards passing, 4 points for passing TD, 6 points for rushing TD and -2 for INTs. I love Jones' rushing possibilities but concerned for a regression in that category. In the previous 3 seasons (38 games) Jones averaged 26.3 rushing yards and .132 rushing TDs per game. Last year was 44.3 yds and .438 TDs. That's a huge jump. The change in coaching to Daboll had a lot to do with the rushing uptick so maybe there won't be too much regression. Similar to Jones' rushing stats, Goff took a big leap forward in passing last year which also was likely attributed to coaching (meaning that last year might not be an anomaly and he can repeat).

They finished neck n' neck last year with Jones #9 in QB scoring and Goff #10. Ultimately, I'm not going to let the 2 round difference play too much into my decision unless I think it's a dead heat.

Here's their stats from last year.
GamesAttemptsCompletionsYardsTDsINTsRu AttRu YardsRu TDs
Goff17587382443829729730
Jones1647221732051551207087

any other players besides qb you could keep? unless it's a 2 qb league i wouldn't wanna keep a low end qb1/high end qb2. if forced to have a qb just take goff with the later round cost

any other players besides qb you could keep? unless it's a 2 qb league i wouldn't wanna keep a low end qb1/high end qb2. if forced to have a qb just take goff with the later round cost
I totally agree. You have to have a better option to keep over one of those qb's in a keep one player league.

That's a key point I left out. This is a super flex league. Not having two starting QBs would put me at a disadvantage.

No other viable keeper options exist.

Users who are viewing this thread