What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Cutdown Day: Akers or Zeke (1 Viewer)

kylechoffman

Footballguy
We must keep two players each year based upon where they were drafted the year prior except if they were added as a free agent which counts against your last rounder. Standard scoring (1 per 10 rush/rcv, 1 per 25 pass, 6 pt tds for everyone but qbs, .5 ppr). We start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3 flex of RB/WR/TE, a K and D.

League 2 (12 teams where I draft 10th)

• T Hill (round 12)
  • Zeke (round 12)
  • Akers (Round 16) - picked up in FA
We can keep players as long as we want but each year you keep them they cost you a round so Zeke an 11 next year vs Akers a 15. I bolded the starting roster reqs for the purpose of stating that I could pick another solid RB1 and forget about the position for a while in the draft. I pick 10th in round 1 and the following players will be in the draft pool:

RB - CMC, Harris, Mixon, Swift, Barkley, Zeke, Javonte W, Fournette, A Jones
WR - Adams, Evans, K Allen, Higgins, Brown

Leave yours and I will assist.

Between those 2 & being able to keep indefinitely, it’s Akers for me.

In a redraft, it’s closer with a slight lean toward Zeke, but without Tyron Smith that O-line is much weaker. So, the gap between the 2 is even narrower IMO.

I was actually ready to come in and post you might be better off keeping both Zeke & Akers, but after a little more thought on the longer-term keeper rules of your league, I tend to agree that Hill is getting kept. That plus Akers & whoever falls to you at 1.10 should be a SOLID start to your draft!

Take a look at mine when you have a chance:

Users who are viewing this thread