What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Help - Pick 2 (1 Viewer)

afranchina88

Footballguy
League Rules
  • 12-team, PPR keeper league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, K)
  • 2 keepers each year, can only keep them for a total of 2 years
  • You lose the pick from the round you drafted them
Players To Choose From

• 1st Round - Saquan
  • 2nd Round - Ceedee
  • 5th Round - Breece Hall
  • 6th Round - Rhamondre Stevenson
  • 8th Round - Brandon Aiyuk
  • 9th Round - DeAndre Hopkins
  • 10th Round - Gabe Davis
  • 16th Round - Cam Akers

I know it's a lot, but my immediate thought was Rhamondre and Saquan. I don't think zeke hurts him too much and I don't love breece after his injury especially with cook there. Hopkins is my only other thought instead of saquan but I think theres so much WR depth that having 2 solid rbs I can just go hard on WRs in the early rounds

Do you know where you are picking yet? If you are an early pick then I probably stay away from Saquon and go with Lamb to give you flexibility on the first pick and then a late second rounder to get Lamb at great value. If you are late then I take Saquon. Stevenson is for sure the other keeper for me.

i like the value on akers and stevenson. i think you need to look at value to pick slot.
I think you can get in trouble doing that when you have this few keepers. Many times you can talk yourself into keeping a lesser player (so much lesser) just because it's a good value and then never end up getting any value out of the guy because he is buried on your depth chart after all is said and done that it is a waste.

I would rather keep the best players that will help me and take a value hit (compared to the better value of a lesser player) when it's a keep one or two type format.

i like the value on akers and stevenson. i think you need to look at value to pick slot.
I think you can get in trouble doing that when you have this few keepers. Many times you can talk yourself into keeping a lesser player (so much lesser) just because it's a good value and then never end up getting any value out of the guy because he is buried on your depth chart after all is said and done that it is a waste.

I would rather keep the best players that will help me and take a value hit (compared to the better value of a lesser player) when it's a keep one or two type format.
interesting. i never thought of it that way. stevenson and akers are way above those keep slots. i can always redraft a player of barkley's caliber in round 1, i can't get a guy like akers in round 15. but i can see the argument to just keep your best.

i can always redraft a player of barkley's caliber in round 1,
The round 1 keeper is where I will factor in value a bit more based on my draft slot and ability to draft a similar caliber player at that slot. I don't want to waste a keeper on a 1st rounder if I can get that guy anyway. Of course, if it's a JJ/CHase/CMC level player and I am drafting 12th in the first round then I would rather just make sure I get that stud and go ahead and burn the 1st round keeper. That is about the only time I really worry about value in a keep 1 or 2 scenario.

ETA: In this scenario (Barkley in Round 1) I am not so sure you can get a player of Barkley's caliber in round 1. Every other team is keeping two players so there is a chance that Barkley is by far the best player left so his value is good even though you are using a 1st rounder on him.

Lamb & Stevenson for me, with Breece very close. Lamb is close to a 1st rd pick, depending on how others feel going WR or RB early. Stevenson in the 6th, even with Zeke there, is also giving you a good player, at a great value. If Breece were 100%, I would consider Breece & Stevenson, then target Lamb in rd 1. But a lot of scenarios have to happen, like getting the right draft slot & trying to figure out if someoneahead of you will draft him. Think I stick with Lamb & Stevenson. GL!

Lamb and Aiyuk for me. Decent value with Lamb in the second. Great value with Aiyuk in the eighth

Sorry was away for a few days, I do not know my draft position it is not released until after keepers are selected. I thin Justin Jefferson is the only player that will probably be available that is higher on my board than saquan that would be available in the first so unless I got lucky and got 1 or 2 I would probably walk away with a worse player than saquan in the first.

People are overthinging this. It's Barkley and Lamb. You're not going to do better than that. If it was a yearly redraft 12 teamer you'd be happy with Barkley and Lamb as your first two picks.

Your goal is to get as many of the top players as possible. Assuming that you guess correctly on who will be top player.
With 2 Keepers each.... and 12 teams expect taken players to be among the top 24. How many of the top players can get?

A non FBG dynasty ranking for 1QB PPR format has your players ranked as follows:
Overall and Position
Lamb #4 and WR3
Hall #6 and RB2
Barkley #11 and RB5
Rhamondre #33 RB13
Ayuik #43 WR22
AKers #58 RB20
Hopkins #83 WR38
Gabe #107 WR45

This might skew slightly if you're only keeping them 2years.

I think it's Lamb + your choice of Hall or Stevenson or Barkley.

I think I'm starting to lean Lamb and Stevenson. Hard to give Saquan away, but I could see Lamb improving on his numbers with Dak healthy the whole season and Saquan isn't going to have to be the main focal point on offense this year like he was last. Plus I could get lucky and end up getting him in the 1st or really lucky and get JJ.

Users who are viewing this thread