What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keto II (1 Viewer)

Grocery list:

80/20 ground beef

bacon

mild Italian sausage - ground

italian sauasage - link

shredded mexican cheese

shredded mozzarella cheese

cream cheese

string cheese

frozen broccoli 

frozen cauliflower

sauerkraut

spicy mustard

jalapeno peppers

bacon and blue salad bags

coffee

cream

90% dark chocolate bars

tomato sauce

wing sauce

hot sauce

Nugget said:
Grocery list:

80/20 ground beef

bacon

mild Italian sausage - ground

italian sauasage - link

shredded mexican cheese

shredded mozzarella cheese

cream cheese

string cheese

frozen broccoli 

frozen cauliflower

sauerkraut

spicy mustard

jalapeno peppers

bacon and blue salad bags

coffee

cream

90% dark chocolate bars

tomato sauce

wing sauce

hot sauce
No wings to go with that wing sauce? :)   A friend of mine that is a GP doc is working with me on this. He actually is a believer in LCHF and told me to be careful with cheese.  For one, shredded cheese can contain starch as a "separator"; and for two, he said often times people will lose some weight and then plateau cause they are eating too much cheese/dairy.  He said when they swear off cheese the weight drops off crazily.

I offer this not as a guy who has sworn off cheese, but just as an informed opinion from a guy "who knows."

Last edited by a moderator:
No wings to go with that wing sauce? :)   A friend of mine that is a GP doc is working with me on this. He actually is a believer in LCHF and told me to be careful with cheese.  For one, shredded cheese can contain starch as a "separator"; and for two, he said often times people will lose some weight and then plateau cause they are eating too much cheese/dairy.  He said when they swear off cheese the weight drops off crazily.

I offer this not as a guy who has sworn off cheese, but just as an informed opinion from a guy "who knows."
Probably good info on cheese. I ran into that with almonds and pretty much cut them out completely.  The just add up too quickly. 

Tried the arctic zero ice cream tonight. Not bad for 150 calories. It needs to be eaten slow and it isn't going to be mistaken for full sugar ice cream. 

Was REALLY craving a blended coffee drink this morning.  Resisted, made it thru.  But man that was probably my worst craving thus far.

Made it thru a month with only one cheat night: my son's bday, who wanted sushi and ice cream.  I felt TERRIBLE after, so I know I ate too much, especially the ice cream.  Still, feeling like a winner for no unplanned cheats in a month.

I made this yesterday. A shot of espresso, ice, heavy cream, whole milk for texture. Blend.

If you don't have an espresso machine I would make some strong cold brew and omit the milk. Keto friendly and delicious. 
Thought about throwing a little protein powder in to get some mocha flavor. Thoughts?

Been really strict on this since March 2  Down 107 pounds (285->178) in those 5 months. I had no plans to re-weigh myself again til end of year but am visiting the folks and they forced me to look at scale when I jumped on it. Knew had lost a lot and figured down to 200-225 but was pretty amazed with the results. Went from eating LOTS of carbs/rice/sugary drinks + lifting heavy weights/low reps to Keto + 2-3 hrs hiking/everyday + lighter weights/heavy reps.

First day was a ##### with caffeine withdrawal but the easiest diet I've ever been on. Diet consists of LOTS of water, sugar free lemonade, hot/parmesean wings and breasts, lots of meat, hot dog+melted cheese slice+shredded lettuce+hot sauce, caesar salads, sugar free parfaits/whipped cream and pork rinds + dipping sauce when in mood for something crunchy.

Been really strict on this since March 2  Down 107 pounds (285->178) in those 5 months. I had no plans to re-weigh myself again til end of year but am visiting the folks and they forced me to look at scale when I jumped on it. Knew had lost a lot and figured down to 200-225 but was pretty amazed with the results. Went from eating LOTS of carbs/rice/sugary drinks + lifting heavy weights/low reps to Keto + 2-3 hrs hiking/everyday + lighter weights/heavy reps.

First day was a ##### with caffeine withdrawal but the easiest diet I've ever been on. Diet consists of LOTS of water, sugar free lemonade, hot/parmesean wings and breasts, lots of meat, hot dog+melted cheese slice+shredded lettuce+hot sauce, caesar salads, sugar free parfaits/whipped cream and pork rinds + dipping sauce when in mood for something crunchy.
This is incredible.  Really amazing work. 

How do you feel?  Like a new person?

I can attest to this being the case for me.  Cheese is so calorie dense.  Peanut butter too unfortunately.  

You dumped caffeine too?  Wow awesome.  

How we feeling about the low carb wraps on the market?  The ones with literally 9 grams of fiber for a small wrap (5 grams of net carbs)?  They have really helped me so far as I'm a big sandwich nut.  

Damn, i've found 3 different brands and have them on my counter right now (just to see which ones I like the most).  Made fajitas tonight and it was nice having them in a low carb taco instead of on lettuce.  They are out there.  Do you have a Wegman's near you?  Or a Whole Foods?
Whole Foods - but didn't see anything with only 4 net carbs.  

Thanks JB!  
You're welcome my friend.  They have helped me (see the diabetes thread) get through the last 2 weeks.  I work at home and one of my go to meals was always a sandwich.  So I needed something to help the transition.  I'd suspect most guys will say they are bad for the diet which is why I asked but I've eaten 1 a day for 2 weeks straight and dropped my blood sugar over 100 points so they're working for me.  Eventually if they are an issue, I'd be happy to drop them from the diet but for now, they've helped a ton.

You're welcome my friend.  They have helped me (see the diabetes thread) get through the last 2 weeks.  I work at home and one of my go to meals was always a sandwich.  So I needed something to help the transition.  I'd suspect most guys will say they are bad for the diet which is why I asked but I've eaten 1 a day for 2 weeks straight and dropped my blood sugar over 100 points so they're working for me.  Eventually if they are an issue, I'd be happy to drop them from the diet but for now, they've helped a ton.
I miss sandwiches a lot.  We are baking the keto buns but not on a regular basis.  I was eating a 3 thick bacon slice, 2oz smoked turkey, romaine, half a roma tomato and swiss cheese Turkey BLT on those bad boys.  Was so good.  

struggling a bit this time around.

I started last Wednesday - and definitely had more cravings then normal.  I may have hit 40 carbs on Saturday.

I know it will get easier but this time around has been tougher at the start

I've been cheating a little too often lately.  I've probably averaged twice a week for a few weeks.  The result is that my weight loss has been pretty flat, but it is still going down.  I can totally eat like this long term, so once I get to the point of maintenance, I can see myself eating very low cab most days, with a couple of cheats per week and that being totally acceptable indefinitely.  However, I have to reign things back in and get to my goal weight before I settle.  I have to say having most of my pants being too big, and shirts fitting pretty well has gotten me into the mode of being fine with where things are.  Then I look at myself with my shirt off (sorry, no selfies) and I realize I still have some work to do.

I've been cheating a little too often lately.  I've probably averaged twice a week for a few weeks.  The result is that my weight loss has been pretty flat, but it is still going down.  I can totally eat like this long term, so once I get to the point of maintenance, I can see myself eating very low cab most days, with a couple of cheats per week and that being totally acceptable indefinitely.  However, I have to reign things back in and get to my goal weight before I settle.  I have to say having most of my pants being too big, and shirts fitting pretty well has gotten me into the mode of being fine with where things are.  Then I look at myself with my shirt off (sorry, no selfies) and I realize I still have some work to do.
I am amazed at how quick weight could come back. My wife was proud of a breakfast casserole she made so I ate some. Then I ate the leftovers off the kids plates. Then to show her how good a husband I am I ate another two portions for lunch.  It was basically just eggs, sausage, cheese, and hash browns. I went up 5.2 lbs in a day eating less than 3500 calories - carbs hold some water. The potatoes got me. 

I am amazed at how quick weight could come back. My wife was proud of a breakfast casserole she made so I ate some. Then I ate the leftovers off the kids plates. Then to show her how good a husband I am I ate another two portions for lunch.  It was basically just eggs, sausage, cheese, and hash browns. I went up 5.2 lbs in a day eating less than 3500 calories - carbs hold some water. The potatoes got me. 
It's strangle how eating only potatoes = weight loss.  Eating only protein and fat = weight loss.  Eating protein + fat + potatoes = massing weight gain.

how many of you guys messing around with intermitent fasting? 

Doing that with Keto, doing 8-16 and I'm going to try to fold 5-2 into that, fasting 8pm sunday/wednesday to 8pm monday/thursday

any warrior diet fans ?

I was doing and IF at the beginning, skipping breakfast (except for black coffee) and not snacking after supper.  Pounds melted off.  I've slipped back to cream with the coffee, and occasionally snacks, but I highly recommend if particularly to those starting.

Bull Dozier said:
:thumbdown:

I was doing and IF at the beginning, skipping breakfast (except for black coffee) and not snacking after supper.  Pounds melted off.  I've slipped back to cream with the coffee, and occasionally snacks, but I highly recommend if particularly to those starting.
I've been doing IF the past year plus

Anyone interested should look 

Here

how many of you guys messing around with intermitent fasting? 

Doing that with Keto, doing 8-16 and I'm going to try to fold 5-2 into that, fasting 8pm sunday/wednesday to 8pm monday/thursday

any warrior diet fans ?
Not messing around with it, I'm doing it. ;)      I'm closer to a 20/4 but that is more because of my work/gym/kids schedule, but I'm thinking I need to get into the habit of a small snack as I'm leaving work and heading to the gym rather than working out fasted, especially on days that I am likely to also play some basketball. If I'm just doing one or the other, I usually have enough energy to do fine, but on the days where I lift and then try jump in to the basketball games, I am way too depleted to have enough energy to perform well. I;ve found that my body seems to go in 3 week cycles where my weight holds steady for 2-3 weeks, then I have a big weight loss week where I drop 5+ pounds. I've gone from 300-260 in 3 and a half months.

Also, as an earlier poster mentioned, at least at my size and with my body, it is amazing the water retention that comes in when I have some carbs. Can easily see swings of 5+ pounds in a day if there are heavier carbs brought back in (such as this past weekend while visiting my parents).

Tomato plants are producing some beauties right now. Sliced tomato as a base for giant sausages with sauerkraut and horseradish mustard is one of my favorites. 

Also, as an earlier poster mentioned, at least at my size and with my body, it is amazing the water retention that comes in when I have some carbs. Can easily see swings of 5+ pounds in a day if there are heavier carbs brought back in (such as this past weekend while visiting my parents).
I was 7.4 lbs heavier this morning than I was when I left for Phoenix on Tuesday.   I expect it to come off quickly, but I am still always surprised when I see swings that big.   My joints ached a lot this morning as well - it is amazing how poorly my body runs on processed foods. 

Well I am six weeks in and have now lost 2 notches on my belt.  Have had one planned cheat night and have not cheated otherwise.  Family is planning another one for Thai food and ice cream next weekend during the long weekend.  I'm not weighing because I don't want to be obsessed with my weight (as is my norm - trying to put food in it's rightful place in my life) but had a checkup last week and my doc told me how much I've lost and told me "whatever you're doing, keep doing it, you're doing great!"  That felt great.  Only concern in blood work is some high numbers on liver enzymes.  He said that a lot of that could be tied to weight but it might also be tied to booze which would be another very large step for me.  I like vodka a lot.

Anyway, I am feeling very pleased to be that much smaller in six weeks and I feel great.  The cravings come and go, but my pudding-mousse and dark chocolate squares in the evening are certainly doing the trick.  Consistently 20-30 grams/day and feel like I can do this forever.  Thanks to all in here for the knowledge and inspiration.  

For the lazy guys like me that have trouble coming up with new things to make and want to try a convenient meal delivery service.

I recently discovered Chefd.  Highly recommend it.  The carb counts are listed on the website before you order AND there is no subscription.  You can order a la carte, per meal, with no renewal cancellation nonsense.  Ask me any questions

For the lazy guys like me that have trouble coming up with new things to make and want to try a convenient meal delivery service.

I recently discovered Chefd.  Highly recommend it.  The carb counts are listed on the website before you order AND there is no subscription.  You can order a la carte, per meal, with no renewal cancellation nonsense.  Ask me any questions
Looks like some great options but the price is like eating out.  

I am a month in and starting to look for new stuff.  What are your go to meals.   I can do sea food but allergic to shrimp but I feel like I am rolling the dice trying to eat any seafood.

Looks like some great options but the price is like eating out.  

I am a month in and starting to look for new stuff.  What are your go to meals.   I can do sea food but allergic to shrimp but I feel like I am rolling the dice trying to eat any seafood.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/ is a good resource

I eat eggs for breakfast almost every day.

Low carb wraps (look for 5g net carbs w tuna or lunch meat) 

Dinner usually salad is fine for me.

I'm a little unique in that routine and the same thing every doesnt bother me.  After about 10-14 days you'll start to think of food as just something you have to eat to stay alive and healthy as opposed to something satisfying or the craving for something bad for you

And yeah cav...the meals are very expensive on that site.  Pretty ridiculous actually, but I dont mind paying for the convenience of not having to meal plan or shop

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/ is a good resource

I eat eggs for breakfast almost every day.

Low carb wraps (look for 5g net carbs w tuna or lunch meat) 

Dinner usually salad is fine for me.

I'm a little unique in that routine and the same thing every doesnt bother me.  After about 10-14 days you'll start to think of food as just something you have to eat to stay alive and healthy as opposed to something satisfying or the craving for something bad for you
This isn't the case for me.   I will always crave bread and pasta.   Grew up on it, my grandmother and grandfather both came from Italy. 

Users who are viewing this thread