What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LB (1 Viewer)

Rozelle

INSIDE LINEBACKERS

Monty Beisel Arizona UFA (signed with Kansas City)

Tony Gilbert Atlanta UFA (re-signed with Atlanta)

Ray Lewis Baltimore UFA (re-signed with Baltimore)

Bart Scott Baltimore UFA (signed with N.Y. Jets)

John DiGiorgio Buffalo RFA (re-signed with Buffalo)

Teddy Lehman Buffalo UFA

Adam Seward Carolina UFA (signed with Indy)

Andra Davis Cleveland UFA (signed with Denver)

Kris Griffin Cleveland UFA

Zach Thomas** Dallas UFA (signed with Kansas City)

Nate Webster Denver UFA

Niko Koutouvides Denver UFA (signed with Tampa Bay)

Paris Lenon Detroit UFA

Buster Davis UFA Indianapolis (signed with Houston)

Brian Iwuh Jacksonville RFA (re-signed with Jacksonville)

Mike Peterson Jacksonville UFA (signed with Atlanta)

Patrick Thomas Kansas City UFA (signed with Buffalo)

Channing Crowder Miami UFA (re-signed with Miami)

Napoleon Harris Minnesota UFA

Dontarrious Thomas Minnesota UFA

Eric Alexander New England RFA (re-signed with New England)

Larry Izzo New England UFA (signed with N.Y. Jets)

Jonathan Vilma New Orleans UFA (re-signed with New Orleans)

Eric Barton New York Jets UFA (signed with Cleveland)

Brad Kassell New York Jets UFA

Cody Spencer New York Jets UFA (signed with Detroit)

Ricky Brown Oakland RFA (re-signed with Oakland / 2nd rd tender)

Keyaron Fox Pittsburgh UFA (re-signed with Pittsburgh)

D.D. Lewis Seattle UFA (re-signed with Seattle)

Mike Vrabel New England (traded to Kansas City)

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS

Karlos Dansby Arizona (Franchise Tag)

Clark Haggans Arizona UFA (re-signed with Arizona)

Michael Boley Atlanta UFA (signed with N.Y. Giants)

Keith Brooking* Atlanta UFA (signed with Dallas)

Coy Wire Atlanta UFA (re-signed with Atlanta)

Terrell Suggs Baltimore (Franchise Tag)

Angelo Crowell Buffalo UFA (signed with Tampa)

Keith Ellison Buffalo RFA (re-signed with Buffalo)

James Anderson Carolina RFA

Donté Curry Carolina UFA

Gilbert Gardner Chicago UFA

Darrell McClover Chicago UFA

Darryl Blackstock Cincinnati UFA (re-signed with Cincy)

Rashad Jeanty Cincinnati RFA (re-signed with Cincy / 2nd rd tender)

Brandon Johnson Cincinnati RFA (re-signed with Cincy / 2nd rd tender)

Corey Mays Cincinnati RFA (signed with Kansas City)

Willie McGinest Cleveland UFA

Shantee Orr Cleveland UFA

Antwan Peek Cleveland UFA

Kevin Burnett* Dallas UFA (signed with San Diego)

Carlos Polk Dallas UFA

Jamie Winborn Denver UFA

Ryan Nece Detroit UFA

Morlon Grennwood Houston UFA

Tyjuan Hagler Indianapolis UFA (re-signed with Indianapolis)

Freddy Keiaho* Indianapolis UFA

Rocky Boiman Kansas City UFA

Donnie Edwards Kansas City UFA

Heath Farwell Minnesota UFA (re-signed with Minnesota)

Pierre Woods New England RFA

Troy Evans New Orleans UFA (re-signed with New Orleans)

David Bowens New York Jets UFA (signed with Cleveland)

Jon Alston Oakland RFA (re-signed with Oakland)

Isaiah Ekejiuba Oakland UFA (re-signed by Oakland)

Robert Thomas Oakland UFA (signed with Washington)

Sam Williams Oakland UFA (re-signed with Oakland)

Andre Frazier Pittsburgh UFA (re-signed with Pittsburgh)

Arnold Harrison Pittsburgh RFA (re-signed with Pittsburgh)

Marques Harris San Diego UFA

Tully Banta-Cain San Francisco UFA (signed with New England)

Roderick Green San Francisco UFA

Takeo Spikes San Francisco UFA (re-signed with Niners)

Leroy Hill Seattle (Franchise Tag)

Lance Laury Seattle RFA (re-signed with Seattle)

Wesly Mallard Seattle UFA (re-signed with Seattle)

Gary Stills St. Louis UFA

Derrick Brooks Tampa Bay UFA

Cato June Tampa Bay UFA (signed with Houston)

Khary Campbell Washington UFA

Alfred Fincher Washington UFA (re-signed with Washington)

Marcus Washington Washington UFA

Julian Peterson Seattle (traded to Detroit)

Last edited by a moderator:
INSIDE LINEBACKERS

Jonathan Vilma New Orleans UFA
I had no idea this was the case.Did NO sign him to a 1 year deal?
When he was traded, New Orleans picked up his existing contract from New York. Expect New Orleans to get something done, they most likely wanted to be sure Vilma's health was good before committing to him long term.

Is Arizona trying to get a deal done with Dansby? This guy is turing into a big time playmaker and probably will get paid by someone.

Jack Johnson said:
Is Arizona trying to get a deal done with Dansby? This guy is turing into a big time playmaker and probably will get paid by someone.
Under the rules of the franchise tag, talks can't resume after the season, he is going to be a high priority, but he won't come cheap. Keeping Karlos

Are you sure Kevin Burnett will be a UFA? He signed a 5 year contract in 2005 from what I have read.
My Bad, I forgot to add this to list. Thanks! * Has reached incentives to void 2009 contract.

** Has yet to reach play time threshold for contract to void but is on pace to meet by season's end and is expected to enter unrestricted market.

Source: PFW

Burnett has * beside his name, he's reached incentives to void his 2009 contract.

Nice work Rozelle, I just noticed DiGiorgio was a FA in a 32 team keeper league, he seemed to put up better numbers last year (And didnt start every game) then Pos did this year. Guess I will snag him and hold on to him, maybe sometyhing good will come of it.

INSIDE LINEBACKERS

Jonathan Vilma New Orleans UFA
I had no idea this was the case.Did NO sign him to a 1 year deal?
When he was traded, New Orleans picked up his existing contract from New York. Expect New Orleans to get something done, they most likely wanted to be sure Vilma's health was good before committing to him long term.
I heard the exact opposite ... that New Orleans had been disappointed in Vilma to date and that they'd likely let him walk. As a Vilma owner I was upset by the news as he had a nice rebound season. Not sure what the Saints issue with the guy would be but as we all know, Fantasy stats don't necessarily equate to on-field success. Hopefully my information is wrong as I want Vilma to stay put.

Looks like Rozelle's right and that the Saints do want to retain Vilma. They just weren't going to attempt to re-sign him until he became a free agent as it would've cost them a higher draft pick.

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/12/li...vilma_a_pr.html

I found the blurb I had originally read which led me to believe Vilma would be leaving New Orleans.

The Saints will not give contract-year MLB Jonathan Vilma an extension before the season ends, according to NFL.com's Adam Schefter.

Analysis: Had they done so, the draft choice the Jets got for Vilma would upgrade from a fourth- to a second-round pick. That and Vilma's mediocre play made the decision easy for the Saints. Vilma ranks sixth in the NFL with 104 tackles (76 solo), but hasn't made a big difference for New Orleans' rush defense.

The tease was listed on Rotoworld, yet interestingly enough when you clicked on the link to Schefter's column he never makes a statement about the quality of Vilma's play. Looks like Rotoworld might've added some editorial content!

Sorry for creating any confusion and in this case, I'm thrilled to be wrong!

Any thoughts on Suggs? Think he stays? Goes? If he does leave, does he start at DE for a 4-3 team maybe? With him, Ray Lewis, and Bart Scott all free agents, I would expect it to be difficult to re-sign all three. That said, I also think Scott would probably be first to go.

ADP said:
Any thoughts on Suggs? Think he stays? Goes? If he does leave, does he start at DE for a 4-3 team maybe? With him, Ray Lewis, and Bart Scott all free agents, I would expect it to be difficult to re-sign all three. That said, I also think Scott would probably be first to go.
Suggs is a tough call, I beleive when he signed a one year tender last year he structured it so he can't be tagged this year. I think it's 50-50. I see no reason why he can't be a 43 end. He becomes available, I beleive he'll draw interest from both 34 and 43 teams.

Seattle will have a difficult time keeping Hill around and it sounds like he may want to test the waters.

RENTON -- One thing won't change in the Seahawks' head-coach transition from Mike Holmgren to Jim Mora: the team's take-care-of-our-own-first approach to free agency.

While Hill might be the Seahawks' only starting linebacker who has not been voted to the Pro Bowl, there is no denying that he has Pro Bowl talent and potential.

"I'd say Leroy is our best linebacker," said middle linebacker Lofa Tatupu, a three-time Pro Bowl selection.

"It's tough to say that. I've got a lot of pride. Julian (Peterson) has got a lot of pride. He probably wouldn't admit it, but he'd be wrong in saying that Leroy isn't our best linebacker."

The club already has talked to Hill and his agent about signing a long-term deal, but all that did was show just how far apart the two sides are. And any time Hill has discussed the situation, he has sounded like a player who is eager to test free agency.

"I just hope to be here," Hill said the day after the season-ending loss to the Arizona Cardinals, as the players were cleaning out their lockers.

"But if I'm not, I'd love to thank Seattle. I loved playing in Seattle. We'll see what happens."

The Seahawks can prevent Hill from leaving, or at least make it difficult, by using either their franchise or transition tag on him. But that also would be a costly move because the franchise tag will only increase from the $8.065 million the Cardinals had to pay in designating linebacker Karlos Dansby last year.

The transition tag would carry a smaller price tag, but also less guarantees that Hill doesn't escape by signing an offer sheet elsewhere (see the 2006 fiasco that cost the Seahawks all-pro left guard Steve Hutchinson).

Another option is allowing Hill to walk and replacing him with the top-rated linebacker in this year's draft class -- Wake Forest's Aaron Curry.

It makes so much sense that many draft analysts already project the Seahawks selecting Curry with the No. 4 pick that came courtesy of the team's 4-12 record in 2008.

Curry has the size (6 feet 2, 246 pounds), the stats (101 and 99 tackles the past two seasons, when he also combined for 5½ sacks and five interceptions) and the recognition (he won the Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker, over USC's Rey Manaluga and 2007 winner James Laurinaitis of Ohio State).

Curry draws solid grades for pursuit, tackling and his ability to rush the passer, and was a productive player in one of the top conferences in the nation.

So what's the problem?

The same as breaking the bank to retain Hill, or sign one of the other top linebackers who could be available in free agent: money. Lots of it.

Keeping Hill could be costly for Hawks

Hawks' Leroy Hill arrested, faces drug charge

Not what you want when your heading into free agency.

Seattle Seahawks linebacker Leroy Hill faces a misdemeanor charge for marijuana possession after authorities found him passed out behind the wheel at an intersection in suburban Atlanta, according to authorities.

Hill, 26, is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent Feb. 27.

A third-round choice from Clemson in 2005, Hill has led the Seahawks in tackles or tied for the lead five times in seven playoff games. He started Super Bowl XL as a rookie and has started 50 regular-season games in four NFL seasons, all with Seattle.

Hill, arrested at around 4 a.m. Saturday, posted $1,500 bond and was released, Douglas County Sheriff Sgt. Dwayne Taylor said.

"He was at an intersection passed out behind the wheel," Taylor said. "The deputies conducted an investigation and found two bags of marijuana in the car."

Authorities also cited Hill for having a faulty taillight. They did not test Hill for driving under the influence of alcohol, Taylor said.

Hill is the highest-profile Seahawks player scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

Seahawks general manager Tim Ruskell recently told reporters the team would consider naming Hill its franchise player.

"All options will be open," Ruskell said. "Obviously, we

February 5-19 - NFL franchises can use the franchise tag or the transition tag to lock up their unrestricted free agents. NFL Free Agency opens February 27th.

When a team uses the franchise tag or transition tag, it’s a one-year tender offer of a high base salary paid during the season and includes no signing bonus. Every dollar counts against the cap.

LB Franchise tag... $8.3 million

LB Transition tag... $7.48 million

Andra Davis Cleveland UFA
What's the scoop on Davis? I was under the impression that he split time with Leon Williams in 07,08 and that's why his stats are so down compared to the beginning of his career, but I'm not positive on that so don't quote me. Is the consensus that he's toast or anybody think he could still land a starting gig somewhere?Andra Davis-----------------------------G---GS-ST-AT--Sck--Int 2008 Cleveland Browns 16 16 62 28 -- 0.0 -- 32007 Cleveland Browns 16 10 51 16 -- 0.0 -- 32006 Cleveland Browns 14 14 79 25 -- 1.0 -- 12005 Cleveland Browns 16 16 89 60 -- 2.0 -- 32004 Cleveland Browns 11 11 53 18 -- 0.5 -- 32003 Cleveland Browns 16 16 97 39 -- 5.0 -- 62002 Cleveland Browns 16 00 17 07 -- 0.0 -- 0

What's the scoop on Davis? I was under the impression that he split time with Leon Williams in 07,08 and that's why his stats are so down compared to the beginning of his career, but I'm not positive on that so don't quote me. Is the consensus that he's toast or anybody think he could still land a starting gig somewhere?Andra Davis

-----------------------------G---GS-ST-AT--Sck--Int

2008 Cleveland Browns 16 16 62 28 -- 0.0 -- 3

2007 Cleveland Browns 16 10 51 16 -- 0.0 -- 3

2006 Cleveland Browns 14 14 79 25 -- 1.0 -- 1

2005 Cleveland Browns 16 16 89 60 -- 2.0 -- 3

2004 Cleveland Browns 11 11 53 18 -- 0.5 -- 3

2003 Cleveland Browns 16 16 97 39 -- 5.0 -- 6

2002 Cleveland Browns 16 00 17 07 -- 0.0 -- 0
I think Davis may still has some value left, difficult to know how he fits in Cleveland now with the new staff and all. The only LB I heard Mangini comment on was Jackson. As you know sometimes a change of scenery and/or a different scheme can make a huge difference.

What's the scoop on Davis? I was under the impression that he split time with Leon Williams in 07,08 and that's why his stats are so down compared to the beginning of his career, but I'm not positive on that so don't quote me. Is the consensus that he's toast or anybody think he could still land a starting gig somewhere?Andra Davis

-----------------------------G---GS-ST-AT--Sck--Int

2008 Cleveland Browns 16 16 62 28 -- 0.0 -- 3

2007 Cleveland Browns 16 10 51 16 -- 0.0 -- 3

2006 Cleveland Browns 14 14 79 25 -- 1.0 -- 1

2005 Cleveland Browns 16 16 89 60 -- 2.0 -- 3

2004 Cleveland Browns 11 11 53 18 -- 0.5 -- 3

2003 Cleveland Browns 16 16 97 39 -- 5.0 -- 6

2002 Cleveland Browns 16 00 17 07 -- 0.0 -- 0
I think Davis may still has some value left, difficult to know how he fits in Cleveland now with the new staff and all. The only LB I heard Mangini comment on was Jackson. As you know sometimes a change of scenery and/or a different scheme can make a huge difference.
Andra Davis signed with Denver. PFT:

BRONCOS BAG ANOTHER

Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:54 AM

Our own Aaron Wilson, who currently is patiently awaiting the resurrection of PFT as we continue to borrow space from our friends at NBC, reports that the Denver Broncos have agreed to terms with linebacker Andra Davis.

Davis, formerly of the Browns, was the longest-serving member of the team.

He was a fifth-round draft pick in 2002, the same year the Browns created considerable confusion for their fan base by selecting receiver Andre' Davis in round two.

Michael Boley is a Giant.
From Pro Football Weekly...The Giants signed former Falcons UFA LB Michael Boley on Saturday, with an eye on plugging him in at the WLB position. Terms of the contract were not immediately available.

Michael is a three-down player who is durable and athletic,” Giants general manager Jerry Reese said. “He is a fast playmaker who can play both ‘Sam’ and ‘Will.’ Michael will immediately upgrade our speed on defense.”

Last season the Giants used Gerris Wilkinson, Bryan Kehl and Chase Blackburn as WLB starters, the only one of the team’s 22 offensive and defensive positions to have three different starters.

Boley started 53-of-64 games with the Falcons the past four years, recording 365 tackles, six sacks, five interceptions, five forced fumbles and 28 passes defensed.

Bills LB Crowell to visit with Bucs

Bills free agent LB Angelo Crowell will visit the Bucs next week, according to his agent, Todd France.

The Bucs have been considering addressing the linebacker position since the start of free agency. Crowell would not be the first LB the Bucs they taken a close look at during this signing period. They attempted to sign New Orleans' Jon Vilma last Friday.

Crowell's 2008 season was a disappointment as he underwent knee surgery in September and spent the entire year on injured reserve. But he'd been a reliable defender previously, starting 41 of his 43 most recent games with the Bills, mostly on the strong-side.

At 6-1, 246 pounds, the 27-year-old Crowell would pack a bigger punch than the Bucs' typical smallish linebackers, such as Cato June, released last week in a purge of veteran players.

Bills LB Crowell to visit with Bucs

Cody Spencer, ILB, NYJets, Signed by Detroit Lions

Mike Peterson, ILB, Jax, Signed by Atlanta Falcons

Alfred Fincher, OLB, Wash, Resigned by Redskins

David Bowens, OLB, NYJets, Signed by Clev Browns

Kevin Burnett, OLB, Dallas, Signed by San Diego

Eric Barton, ILB, NYJets, Signed by Cleveland Browns

D.D. Lewis, ILB, Sea, Resigned by Seahawks

Lance Laury, OLB, Sea, Resigned by Seahawks

Thanks FN... headed out of town, be back in a few days.

Crowell is making the rounds, he's been in Atlanta, Tampa and Detroit, but yet to ink a deal. Hear Philly and St. Louis are interested.

THANKS LARRY - Here are a few more for when you get back....

Jon Alston, OLB, Oak, Resigned by Raiders

Arnold Harrison, OLB, Pitt, Resigned by Steelers

Lance Laury, OLB, Seattle, Resigned by Seahawks

Ricky Brown, ILB, Oak, Resigned by Raiders - He signed his Tender

Monty Beisel, ILB, Arz, Signed by K.C. Chiefs

Clark Haggans, OLB, Arz, Resigned by Cardinals

Angelo Crowell, OLB, Buff, Signed by TBay Bucs

Patrick Thomas, ILB, K.C., Signed by Buffalo Bills

Users who are viewing this thread