What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

League Disagreement (1 Viewer)

The drama starts when he said he would forcefully remove one of my players. Whats the point of me being the owner of the team if hes making the decision?

I would guess he would do that because you don't seem to be abiding by the rules. If you don't take the proactive measure of dropping one of the guys, he'll do it for you.

Seems as easy as that.

But not to beat up on you; I'm just genuinely confused why you're surprised by this. In one of the leagues I play, if you're not in compliance, the person in charge (usually above the commissioner) makes the decision of which player to drop for you. Roster positions are valuable. They should be maxed out, and going over that maximum gives you an unfair advantage. It's hoarding players that would otherwise be available to the rest of the league.

I'm very surprised your league voted last year to increase the maximum RBs. That's a horrible precedent. Is it a money league or a serious free league, or is it very, very casual. That might help us understand a bit better.

Also in this league.

We're holding a league vote with remaining owners to boot this guy "The League Complainer" out.

Complains about existing agreed upon rules when joined.

Abuses the IR system.

The world is always against him.

The best all-time waiver drop in this league will be this guy.

There is no drama with the rule change at all it is what it is. The drama starts when he said he would forcefully remove one of my players. Whats the point of me being the owner of the team if hes making the decision?
Commish ability to drop a player if you do not comply with roster limits is a pretty common rule in my leagues.

He’s giving you until Saturday to drop a player or he’s dropping one for you. You are making the decision, not him — you have free will to either get within roster limits yourself or have the roster limits imposed upon you.

The drama starts when he said he would forcefully remove one of my players. Whats the point of me being the owner of the team if hes making the decision?

I would guess he would do that because you don't seem to be abiding by the rules. If you don't take the proactive measure of dropping one of the guys, he'll do it for you.

Seems as easy as that.

But not to beat up on you; I'm just genuinely confused why you're surprised by this. In one of the leagues I play, if you're not in compliance, the person in charge (usually above the commissioner) makes the decision of which player to drop for you. Roster positions are valuable. They should be maxed out, and going over that maximum gives you an unfair advantage. It's hoarding players that would otherwise be available to the rest of the league.

I'm very surprised your league voted last year to increase the maximum RBs. That's a horrible precedent. Is it a money league or a serious free league, or is it very, very casual. That might help us understand a bit better.
It was a vote to decrease not increase. I had 7 rbs and the LM tried to get me to drop 2 yet another player had 7 as well but he ignores that. Same thing this year another player has an ineligible player on IR but im the focus. Its a money league with IRLs. Half the teams are serious and half dont manage their teams. Pretty much the same 5 teams fighting for the chip every year.

also, why is watson still on IR? he should have been a mandatory add last week.
I picked up Nico Collins last week and started him insteas of activating Watson. I felt like the other wrs I had on my roster were undroppable
This is why we can't have nice IRs.

If I was commish and someone asked for a rule change midseason because they did not plan things right, and then put up drama and threatened to leave the league, I’d be happy to see them go and probably send them this.
There is no drama with the rule change at all it is what it is. The drama starts when he said he would forcefully remove one of my players. Whats the point of me being the owner of the team if hes making the decision?
i think force should be a last option.

I picked up Nico Collins last week and started him insteas of activating Watson. I felt like the other wrs I had on my roster were undroppable
It sounds like you very likely violated a rule with the bold. You should have had to activate Watson (unless your league had some length of time on IR requirement - but based on the way you make it sound like you have a choice that doesn't sounds like the case).
In the platforms I’ve played on, you can normally leave players in an ir slot even if they are technically ineligible, but you will have no ability to add or drop anyone until you reconcile that.

it seems like this guy is trying to stash him and add more players to skirt the IR rule and change the positional limits because of poor planning. I think this guys picture is in the dictionary next to the word chutzpah
Not at all, I was going to drop someone and activate him before waiver claims today as I lost the poll anyways until LM said he would forcefully remove one of my players. I'm not really sure how stashing an ineligible player would be beneficial towards me in any way asbI cant make trade offers or waiver claims
You're not? Seems you're not being honest with yourself then, or you care way too much about this issue considering you aren't very thoughtful about roster management.

Seems as easy as that.

It was a vote to decrease not increase. I had 7 rbs and the LM tried to get me to drop 2 yet another player had 7 as well but he ignores that. Same thing this year another player has an ineligible player on IR but im the focus. Its a money league with IRLs. Half the teams are serious and half dont manage their teams. Pretty much the same 5 teams fighting for the chip every year.
I'm curious how you define money league. What's the buy-in?

Seems as easy as that.

I'm curious how you define money league. What's the buy-in?
$100

It sounds like you very likely violated a rule with the bold. You should have had to activate Watson (unless your league had some length of time on IR requirement - but based on the way you make it sound like you have a choice that doesn't sounds like the case).
In the platforms I’ve played on, you can normally leave players in an ir slot even if they are technically ineligible, but you will have no ability to add or drop anyone until you reconcile that.

it seems like this guy is trying to stash him and add more players to skirt the IR rule and change the positional limits because of poor planning. I think this guys picture is in the dictionary next to the word chutzpah
Not at all, I was going to drop someone and activate him before waiver claims today as I lost the poll anyways until LM said he would forcefully remove one of my players. I'm not really sure how stashing an ineligible player would be beneficial towards me in any way asbI cant make trade offers or waiver claims
You're not? Seems you're not being honest with yourself then, or you care way too much about this issue considering you aren't very thoughtful about roster management.
No I have no problem with the limit now after reading the comments I can see im being selfish. I can agree the rule should be changed before the draft and I should've prepared for that. I just dont see how its fair for him to remove one of my players

No I have no problem with the limit now after reading the comments I can see im being selfish. I can agree the rule should be changed before the draft and I should've prepared for that. I just dont see how its fair for him to remove one of my players
I think he's just being clear about the consequence if you choose not to make that decision yourself. He's not removing your agency, just giving you a deadline imo.

I just dont see how its fair for him to remove one of my players

Because if you don't do it, then you're taking an extra roster spot, which is valuable and puts other teams at a disadvantage. You should be proactive and tell him who you'd like to remove. That would probably go a long way to solving the problem of him removing somebody against your consent. Pick the guy you want to part with and tell the commissioner that is how you plan to proceed.

I have been a league manager / commish for decades. I don't put up with shenanigans and hooligans. In my leagues, there were no warnings. Any team that did not have a legal roster or a legal lineup got penalized if the situation was not rectified by the next week's game (which could include a forfeit). Each league should have clear and concise rules, and owners that skirt the rules need to be punished. As a for instance, I league owners intentionally avoided rules that stated each team had to draft and roster a kicker and a defense at all times . . . and then proceeded to not draft or roster either until 5 minutes before Week 1. People would also do that during the season. Or leave people on IR that weren't injured. For roster manipulation, first offense would result in forfeiture of FAAB dollars. Second offense would result in no FAAB bids and having to wait two days into waiver claims as a punishment. In contract leagues, player contracts could be voided for rules violations.

In this case, if a WR got left on IR that shouldn't have been, as commissioner I would force the team to drop the player. If a team can't rollout a full lineup, then that team has to play a lineup with a player on bye and eat the zero. There shouldn't be special considerations or league votes in the middle of the season short of an act of god (like the cancellation of an NFL game in the middle of the game like last year).

FWIW, after the further commentary, it is possible that you weren't being quite as crazy as it initially seemed. I think that the initial post is kind of confusing to follow and might make your actions look worse than they really are.

If you understand that you are being selfish and are breaking the established rules in the league- who else but the league manager do you expect to enforce the rules?

If you understand that you are being selfish and are breaking the established rules in the league- who else but the league manager do you expect to enforce the rules?
Agreed. It has been explained to the OP numerous times and he doesn't seem to be getting it.

Agreed. It has been explained to the OP numerous times and he doesn't seem to be getting it.
he doesn’t understand the rules there nor here….let’s vote to forcibly remove him from this thread now.

Had a disagreement with my LM and wanted to know if I'm being petty or is he in the wrong?

Our we limit is set to 5 and I have Christian Wattson on my ir this week and I can'tadd him since hes ineligible. I also have 3 wr on bye week 10 and I cant have a full lineup since its a 3 wr league.

Because of these reasons I asked LM if we could have a league poll to have the limit removed to which he agreed. I then established with him that I would drop someone to make space for the ir player (I was going to do this anyway since I can't trade or make waiver moves) A couple hours after this he goes on a rant saying I was stashing wrs that I picked up on the waivers and that there wasnt a league vote anymore, I had until Saturday and he would make a decision for me on who to drop.Yet the two receivers I picked up since the start of the season I had in my starting lineup last week.

Now Im kind of just holding the player on IR until Saturday out of spite because I feel like hes going on a power trip. If he forcefully drops any of my players Im definitely quitting the league
No rule changes during season ... due to injuries and bye weeks I had to drop 3 of my top 5 players this past weekend just to compete. Have to always think ahead and plan for things like that.

I have been a league manager / commish for decades. I don't put up with shenanigans and hooligans. In my leagues, there were no warnings. Any team that did not have a legal roster or a legal lineup got penalized if the situation was not rectified by the next week's game (which could include a forfeit). Each league should have clear and concise rules, and owners that skirt the rules need to be punished. As a for instance, I league owners intentionally avoided rules that stated each team had to draft and roster a kicker and a defense at all times . . . and then proceeded to not draft or roster either until 5 minutes before Week 1. People would also do that during the season. Or leave people on IR that weren't injured. For roster manipulation, first offense would result in forfeiture of FAAB dollars. Second offense would result in no FAAB bids and having to wait two days into waiver claims as a punishment. In contract leagues, player contracts could be voided for rules violations.

In this case, if a WR got left on IR that shouldn't have been, as commissioner I would force the team to drop the player. If a team can't rollout a full lineup, then that team has to play a lineup with a player on bye and eat the zero. There shouldn't be special considerations or league votes in the middle of the season short of an act of god (like the cancellation of an NFL game in the middle of the game like last year).
I generally agree with the one caveat though that dropping the player on IR might give another team an unfair advantage. For example. Achane is on IR now. If he comes off and for some reason (like hording) the manager doesn't activate him, it seems unfair to the league to just send Achane to the waiver wire and allow the team who happens to be first in waiver priority or have the most FAAB at the moment get a player like Achane. That's such a balance shifting event and there's no reasonable way other owners could have planned for something like that. In this case, I would actually say the player on IR should be activated and the commish should release whatever player on the team is ranked lowest in Fantasy Pros ROS rankings.

Users who are viewing this thread