What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let the Aaron Brooks NFL FA Tour Begin (1 Viewer)

It seems like in your efforts to bash him or down grade him, you are actually supporting him. Since 1960, only 16 QB's have had a better TD:INT ratio. Check. Take out four non-contemporaries-we are at 15. Take out O'Donnell, Gannon and Randall Cunningham because the have retired. Now you are down to 12. There are 32 teams and he is street free agent. He is going to get some looks.
I'm not trying to bash him. Someone said he has a 2:1 ratio. He doesn't. Someone else then said that it's not quite 2:1 but it's still pretty solid. To me, the data shows it's probably about average. (Whether "pretty solid" = "average" is neither here nor there.)You can take out O'Donnell, Gannon, and Cunningham because they retired if you want and get down to 12th. But, remember, I cut off TDs at 100+. Things could change drasticly if you go to 75.

So, I'll redefine the data set to be closer to what you are talking about. If you take all data from 2000-2005 (Brooks' career) and QBs with 40+ TDs, Brooks is 16th out of 35 QBs.

His TD:INT ratio is pretty much average for a starting QB in today's NFL. I'm not sure how that is bashing him.
I'm not here to fight you on the numbers, just to make the sort of obvious point that if someone's TD:INT ratio is average for a starting QB in the NFL, it's reasonable to expect that someon to BE a starting QB in the NFL, not a street FA who has drawn little overt attention.

Did you actually watch Saints games week in and week out for the last six years? If not, you don't know about Aaron Brooks.

I feel sorry for the fans of whatever team picks him up.

Did you actually watch Saints games week in and week out for the last six years? If not, you don't know about Aaron Brooks.

I feel sorry for the fans of whatever team picks him up.
Have you watched the quarterback for the Ravens or Jets? Brooks could be an improvement for some teams, if only by default.

I'm not saying the Brooks is good or not good, but I think that he should be in Minnesota as the backup while they draft a QB in round 1 or 2. What other choice do the Vikings have, Craig Nall?? :X

From Rotoworld:

Aaron Brooks may visit the Raiders early next week.

The meeting is only tentatively scheduled, but we love the fit. A Brooks-to-Randy Moss connection looks excellent on paper and Oakland could still draft Vince Young at No. 7 in April. The Raiders are nearly $10 million under the salary cap, so they'd be able to pull a multi-year deal off with the ex-Saint.

Oakland Tribune article

Users who are viewing this thread