What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for a WR, is this a good deal? (1 Viewer)

chapie1968

Footballguy
12 team PPR
5-1 in first place, 2nd in points

I trade Vance McDonald and I get Willie Snead. Baltimore has a cake pass defense schedule in the at the end and the playoffs  ATL, KC, TB, LAC.

He would be my 4th WR/Flex so I'm looking to get someone that will give me a solid 10-15 points a week, maybe more on good weeks.

Because of Roster limits, it would still leave me with  a capable starter and back up TE in Ebron and Njoku.

McDonald doesn't have any value for you.  You will never play him.  Do you start 4 WR's?  If so, and Snead slots in as a starter making this deal is a no brainer.  You would be getting a starter for bench fodder. 

Gally said:
McDonald doesn't have any value for you.  You will never play him.  Do you start 4 WR's?  If so, and Snead slots in as a starter making this deal is a no brainer.  You would be getting a starter for bench fodder. 
That is exactly my thought, we can play up to 5 WRs with two flexes, most weeks I would play 4.

That is exactly my thought, we can play up to 5 WRs with two flexes, most weeks I would play 4.
But if Snead doesn't slot into an every week start it isn't as valuable as you are trading bench fodder for more bench fodder (with a slightly higher chance of being used).

This is bench fodder for more bench fodder but I'd rather have another WR than a third TE
Depends on your league.  As I said above we have 2 Flexes and you can start up to 5 WRs a week.  Someone like Snead that gives you a solid floor of 10-15 points with a great playoff schedule is more than bench fodder. 

Depends on your league.  As I said above we have 2 Flexes and you can start up to 5 WRs a week.  Someone like Snead that gives you a solid floor of 10-15 points with a great playoff schedule is more than bench fodder. 
Not necessarily.  If he slots into your lineup because of that then you are correct.  If he is WR6 and will hardly ever play other than bye week fill in or injury replacement then he is still bench fodder.  Slightly more valuable than a 3rd TE that will never really see the field.....but still bench fodder. 

Users who are viewing this thread