What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for some QB and RB help (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Play in a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. We start 2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, and DEF. We get one IR spot as well.

My roster is as follows:

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Darnold (IR), Case Keenum, Mason Rudolph

RB: Aaron Jones, Leonard Fournette, Miles Sanders, Raheem Mostert, Jaylen Samuels

WR: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson, Curtis Samuel, Jamison Crowder (someone dropped Josh Gordon and may try and get him off waivers; don't trust Antonio Brown lasting all season)

TE: George Kittle

K: Justin Tucker

DEF: Minnesota

Definitely not panicking and my record is 1-1 and 2nd in pts. scored. Just want an assessment of my roster. Could definitely use a stronger QB2, granted TDs are worth 4 pts so 200-225 yds plus 2 TDs is pretty solid most of the time. Also feel like I could use some better depth at RB 2/3 position and hoping Fournette and/or Sanders start to come around. I did have an owner offer Davante Adams and Tyler Lockett for Julio Jones. Fair trade I think and gives some WR depth, but I also think Jones presents the greatest ceiling. Also thought I could then move one of my WRs for a RB as there are a couple of teams that are hurting at RB but have some solid RBs: McCaffrey, Michel, Ekeler, Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs.

Should I look to make a move or stand pat? Will answer any questions in return.

Ridley is eating into Jones (although Jones is still a stud) - so I'd actually consider that trade if you think Adams will be close to what he was last year.

Hell I like your roster better than any of mine - but that is a pretty low bar to clear.  LOL.

LOL....thanks. I'm trying to decide how much of a stud my 2nd QB needs to be. TDs are worth 4 pts. and so even in a 2 QB league, you don't need two QB studs to do well and it helps that I drafted Mahomes in the first round this year who seems to make up for any deficiency.

The team with Adams/Lockett has:

QB: Baker Mayfield, Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo

RB: James Conner, Marlon Mack, James White

WR: Davante Adams, Tyler Lockett, Kenny Golladay, Marquise Brown, Terry McLaurin

TE: T.J. Hockenson, Mark Andrews

DEF: LA Rams

K: Wil Lutz

I think your roster is definitely good enough to win without making a move. That said, I think this is a pretty straightforward accept. I think Julio and Adams are pretty much a toss up so you’re getting Lockett for free. Also getting Lockett would then help you move one/two WRs for an upgrade at RB like you said you were contemplating (although I don’t think it’s completely necessary because your RBs are pretty solid). 

I think your roster is definitely good enough to win without making a move. That said, I think this is a pretty straightforward accept. I think Julio and Adams are pretty much a toss up so you’re getting Lockett for free. Also getting Lockett would then help you move one/two WRs for an upgrade at RB like you said you were contemplating (although I don’t think it’s completely necessary because your RBs are pretty solid). 
Thanks. I think I have concerns with both. I love Aaron Jones (I'm a Green Bay fan) and I think his splitting some time with Jamaal Williams is a good thing. Caps his upside but that's okay in an offense that tends to move the ball fairly well. I worry a bit about Fournette. He's getting all the shares in their backfield and they are getting their starting LT back. Just curious to see how things open up if Minshew develops further, but Fournette's efficiency has been worrisome. I was thinking of moving Jones and Keenum (or Darnold) for Lockett/Adams/Garoppolo. I also have Lockett, Jones, and Adams on bye in Week 11. I know that's out a ways and things will change by then. I also would make such a trade AFTER this weekend since Adams faces off with Denver and Chris Harris.

Users who are viewing this thread