What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for start up dynasty league (1 Viewer)

I am starting one this season. $40 entry fee.

Yahoo

Auction

Only 8 teams- I want a strong 8 before we even think about expanding to 10 or 12.

IDPs or no defense at all? I am still deciding on that. I want IDPs but can I find other people who want IDPs?

I am modelling the league off of a friend's dynasty league which has been in existence since 2000.

PM me with any questions and/or suggestions.

If I increase the league to 12 teams and drop IDPs does that change anything for anybody?
I am up for it and would join with IDP's or no IDP's. Interested in Dynasty league. Auction system is fine. If we get some more interest here we can perhaps discuss some rules or things we would like to see if you are interested.

If I increase the league to 12 teams and drop IDPs does that change anything for anybody?
Yes, 12-14 teams is ideal. I wouldn't be interested in anything more than one IDP position as well. At least 20 man rosters so we could stash a couple younger players and potential breakouts. Would also be wise to have a non refundable deposit (something in the 25% range) that would go towards the following season. That way if a team craps the bed and the owner wants out, we could offer that persons deposit to the potential new owner at a discount since they'd be in rebuild mode. Just a few suggestions, definitely let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in, not to worried about idp or not, im in both. Please let me know. Id love to be part of a new start up league.

Email tim0228197322@gmail.com

I actually prefer 12 teams over 8. If I can get 12 the heck with 8. The strong foundation of 8 my friend suggested is not nuts, though.

Anyway, I will contact you all in the next night or two. My computer time may be limited tonight.

I would be in, dont care about IDP or no IDP, would prefer regular snake draft, but i guess auction would be fine if that is what everyone wanted.

I would be in, dont care about IDP or no IDP, would prefer regular snake draft, but i guess auction would be fine if that is what everyone wanted.

Saturday will be the official launch date of the league. I will contact some of you tonight and others tomorrow.

I am available Saturday after 830est. If draft is held after that time, please send me info to shawnp0001@aol.com

I randomly contacted four of the interested people in this thread last night. Only one replied thus far. I will contact everyone else tonight.

League will have salaries, a cap, slotted values in the rookie draft for 2013 and beyond (obviously no rookie draft this year), some free agency in the offseason and compensation if you lose a certain type of FA, etc.

If that sounds too much for any of you, then that's okay. I will find other people.

I ran a free baseball league like this the last two years, but it had some flaws. I will have those flaws corrected with the rules for this football league. Even with flaws, the other managers in the baseball league enjoyed the league structure.

I have 4 teams available. This is a brand new league. Inbox me with your interest and credentials. Im only interested in active owners who like to talk a lil sh7t. I will explain more of the rules once we speak. The league is $50.00. Im looking for at least a 5 year commitment.

rwseegs@yahoo.com

Number of Teams

Scoring Type Head to Head Points

Format League Manager

Make League Viewable to Public

Yes

ROSTER (Edit)

Current Roster Size: 18

Total Starters: 10

Total On Bench: 8 (1 IR)

POSITION STARTERS MAXIMUM

Quarterback (QB) 1 5

Running Back (RB) 2 10

Wide Receiver (WR) 2 10

Tight End (TE) 1 4

Flex (RB/WR/TE) 2 N/A

Defense/ST (D/ST) 1 3

Place Kicker (K) 1 3

Bench (BE) 8 N/A

Injured Reserve (IR) 1 N/A

SCORING (Edit)

Passing

Passing Yards (PY) 0.04 TD Pass (PTD) 4

Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2 2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2

300-399 yard passing game (P300) 3 400+ yard passing game (P400) 1

Rushing

Rushing Yards (RY) 0.1 TD Rush (RTD) 6

50+ yard TD rush bonus (RTD50) 1 2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2

100-199 yard rushing game (RY100) 3 200+ yard rushing game (RY200) 1

Receiving

Receiving Yards (REY) 0.1 Each reception (REC) 0.5

TD Reception (RETD) 6 50+ yard TD rec bonus (RETD50) 1

2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2 100-199 yard receiving game (REY100) 3

200+ yard receiving game (REY200) 1

Miscellaneous

Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6 Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6

Fumble Recovered for TD (FTD) 6 Total Fumbles Lost (FUML) -2

Kicking

Each PAT Made (PAT) 1 FG Made (0-39 yards) (FG0) 3

FG Made (40-49 yards) (FG40) 4 FG Made (50+ yards) (FG50) 5

Team Defense / Special Teams

Each Sack (SK) 1 Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6

Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6 Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6

Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6 Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD) 6

Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2 Each Interception (INT) 2

Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2 Each Safety (SF) 5

0 points allowed (PA0) 10 1-6 points allowed (PA1) 5

7-13 points allowed (PA7) 3 14-17 points allowed (PA14) 2

18-21 points allowed (PA18) 1 28-34 points allowed (PA28) -1

35-45 points allowed (PA35) -3 46+ points allowed (PA46) -5

Less than 100 total yards allowed (YA100) 6 100-199 total yards allowed (YA199) 5

200-299 total yards allowed (YA299) 4 300-349 total yards allowed (YA349) 1

400-449 total yards allowed (YA449) -1 450-499 total yards allowed (YA499) -2

500-549 total yards allowed (YA549) -3 550+ total yards allowed (YA550) -5

PLAYER RULES (Edit)

Observe ESPN's Undroppable Players List

No

Player Universe

All NFL Players

ACQUISITION AND WAIVER RULES (Edit)

Lineup Changes

Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime

Player Acquisition System

Waivers

Season Acquisition Limit

No Limit

Waiver Period

1 Day

Waiver Order

Move to last after claim

TRADE RULES (Edit)

Trade Limit

No Limit

Trade Deadline

Wednesday, December 19, 12PM ET

Trade Review Period

1 Day

Votes Required to Veto Trade

KEEPERS RULES (Edit)

Use Keepers for 2012 Season

No

Use Keepers for 2013 Season

Yes

2013 Keepers Per Team

2013 Keeper Lock Date

Wednesday, July 31, 10PM ET

Keeper Note

REGULAR SEASON SETUP (Edit)

Start of Regular Season

Week 1 (Start of Season)

Weeks per Matchup

Regular Season Matchups

13 (Playoffs start Week 14)

Matchup Tie Breaker

Most Bench Points

Home Field Advantage

None

PLAYOFF BRACKET SETUP (Edit)

Playoff Teams

4 (2 rounds)

Weeks per Playoff Matchup

2 weeks per round

Playoff Seeding Tie Breaker

Total Points For

Playoff Home Field Advantage

None

DRAFT SETTINGS (Edit)

Draft Type Snake

Draft Date

Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM ET

Seconds Per Pick

Draft Order

Manually Set by League Manager

Allow Draft Pick Trading

Yes

Mentos I never got an invite. rstuart@jetbroadband.com
I came home to a sick kid last night and became exhausted. Emails and/or invites will be sent tonight some time between 5 and 10 pm eastern. There might be some sort of interview process via email. Responses will be all I have to go on. People who respond quickly and have something interesting to write will stand a better chance at getting an invite. Three of four people who received emails on Thursday still have yet to respond. Those three have been moved to the back of the line for now.

IF IT'S STLL NO IDP I AM INTERESTED.....MIKEYHOL@AOL.COM
You will get an email sometime this afternoon. I have finalized a dynasty system for the league. It will be quite simple. It is not going to give me headaches (figuratively and literally) to run the league.

If you still have room and no IDP, i'm interested. bbradley777@me.comThanks!
You will get an e-mail soon. I just created a second league site because the best available draft slots are starting to go bye bye. One league is scheduled for an 8/28 draft in the 7 or 8:00 hour in the east. At the other league I have a date of 8/30 with a start time of 7:30. I need to write an intro post or two at the league site I just created and send out invites today. Getting people in the league and sorting from there is probably better now than interviewing people through e-mail.

hey! if anyone still has a dyansty league opening with no IDP... I am very interested. I have been looking for one for quite a long time now. I'm very commited and very competitive.. email me at kwing02@hotmail.com. Thanks!

I am also interested if any spots are still open. PM or email me at jpatern21@cox.net if still have an opening. Thanks

I am also interested if any spots are still open. PM or email me at jpatern21@cox.net if still have an opening. Thanks
I sent one to japtern21@cox.net last night and it came back. I noticed my typing mistake. I then tried again. At least I thought I did. Check your spam folder maybe. Either way, I'll send you an invite later this evening.

mentos-any openings?
Yes. You will get an invite after I write my introduction posts. After people get invites, they will read those posts and make a decision as to whether the league is good for them or not.LeagueSafe$40 entry feedynasty league

The league is now live and seven invites for members of this board have been sent. Unfortunately, one fellow did not accept. He wrote that he found another league.

I am now running out of free time for tonight and likely won't have much tomorrow. Therefore, Tuesday is the night I will set up the LeagueSafe stuff. Auction is tentatively scheduled for 8/30. I can change it to 8/31, 9/1, 9/2, 9/3 or 9/4 depending upon the availability of other owners.

i would like to take a look at what the league scoring and rules are if there is still room chadmills81@gmail.com

Five people are in the league.

We are still in the stage of solidifying the settings. If you join now you can have a say about certain things.

Sometime on Tuesday night everything will be finalized so that we can start our pre rankings.

Bump

We need this league close to capacity within an hour or two or I will close up shop and try again next year.

Ehh, here is the info you need to get in.

Id-728224

Password- dude

Last edited by a moderator:
come on guys, we need some solid owners. this is going to be a great league
Hopefully, people join tonight. I am not going to wait too much longer because it is not fair to those currently signed up. You guys could join another league and start preparing for that league's draft. Heck, that is what I might be doing tomorrow. Let's try to get this filled tonight

come on guys, we need some solid owners. this is going to be a great league
Hopefully, people join tonight. I am not going to wait too much longer because it is not fair to those currently signed up. You guys could join another league and start preparing for that league's draft. Heck, that is what I might be doing tomorrow. Let's try to get this filled tonight
Yeah man, hopefully we are full tonight... I think we should really try to get this filled and not just give up on it. I'll try to help out

Users who are viewing this thread