What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lucas Oil stadium (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
INDIANAPOLIS - Forrest Lucas stood on the dais, smile on his face, family by his side. He looked onto a large projection screen.

Lucas Oil Stadium, it read . . .

A Future of Promise.

Lucas applauded. His wife, Charlotte, applauded. His sisters applauded. Colts Owner and Chief Executive Officer Jim Irsay did, too. Just about everyone gathered Wednesday afternoon in the Union Federal Center applauded, and Lucas' family - a tight-knit group that Lucas says is vital to his story - fought tears. And with that, what Lucas - the president and Chief Executive Officer of Lucas Oil Products, Inc. – called the worst secret he'd ever heard was finally and undeniably official:

The new Indiana Stadium in downtown Indiana has its name:

Lucas Oil Stadium.

“Nothing's going to top this, I don't believe,” Lucas said.

Lucas Oil, a California-based motor sports industry leader with strong ties to Indianapolis and Southern Indiana, has won the naming rights to the new Indiana Stadium in Indianapolis, it was announced at a ceremony at the Union Federal Football Center Wednesday.

The deal is valued at $122 million over 20 years, Lucas confirmed.

Beginning with the 2008 season, Lucas Oil Stadium will be the home to the Colts, NCAA men’s and women’s Final Fours and other major sporting events.

“A real exciting day for our franchise, the city and the state of Indiana,” Irsay said shortly before he presented Forrest and Charlotte Lucas a framed picture of the stadium, which is currently being constructed.

“A team effort,” Colts Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Tom Zupancic called it.

Shortly after Irsay and Lucas spoke to the gathered crowd, Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy presented Charlotte and Forrest Lucas Colts jerseys. The number on the jerseys was 08 – for the date the stadium will open – and the names on the back were Charlotte Lucas and Forrest Lucas.

“We’ve been down at the combine looking at college players and getting ready for the draft,” Dungy said. “I can honestly say out of all of those guys – Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Vince Young – we didn’t see one person we’d rather have on our team for the next 20 years than Charlotte, Forrest and the Lucas family.”

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3615

“We’ve been down at the combine looking at college players and getting ready for the draft,” Dungy said. “I can honestly say out of all of those guys – Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Vince Young – we didn’t see one person we’d rather have on our team for the next 20 years than Charlotte, Forrest and the Lucas family.”
:rolleyes:

Shut up.

That goes for you, Dungy, Irsay, whatever the flip a Tom Zupancic is, and most of all the oil dork (don't call me George) Lucas. POSs.

And I thought "RCA Dome" was dorky

:X

Shut up. 

That goes for you, Dungy, Irsay, whatever the flip a Tom Zupancic is, and most of all the oil dork (don't call me George) Lucas.    POSs.

I don't think it's all that dorky, if you have the jack and you want to shell it out to put your name on a building I say go for it. And for Indy there isn't any major corps locally that have that much jack.Here is the thing though - we have been thinking what do we call it? We have for years said THE DOME, it didn't matter if it was Hoosier Dome or RCA Dome it has always been THE DOME. I have proposed that we call it THE SLICK, THE SPILL, or my personal favorite THE CAN. :eek:

:D

By the way Zupancic is a HUGE man that used to be the strength and conditioning coach and a power weight lifter.

Edited to add that Zupancic can kick all of our ASSES!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - that is really laying it on thick.

for 122 mil, that's the least he could do

I don't think he needed to compare the Lucases to future stud players - it just doesn't sound right.

I don't think he needed to compare the Lucases to future stud players - it just doesn't sound right.
to each his own I guess.I took at as the Colts org as a whole is a "team" and getting 122 mil is bigger than signing some rook. If there's no CBA and it's an open bidding season, you Colt fans will be glad you have that $.

eh to each his own

I think I"ll just call it "the Colts' home turf."

PS wtf is "the jack?" Is that some new cool term for money?

I think I"ll just call it "the Colts' home turf."

PS wtf is "the jack?" Is that some new cool term for money?
Were you locked in someone's basement in the 90's?Oh yeah, you were.

PS: Good for the city of Indianapolis and the Colts.

I thought you could get more than 122 millions over 20 years in the NFL. I mean, if the Montreal Canadiens got 100 millions for 20 years...

I thought you could get more than 122 millions over 20 years in the NFL. I mean, if the Montreal Canadiens got 100 millions for 20 years...
it was canadian...so it was actually $24 give or takei kid, i kid :hophead:

Yeah, I'm sure that Dungy went up there and seriously compared them to actual players. :rolleyes: It was a joke. I guess they need to add smilies to their article.

Shut up. 

That goes for you, Dungy, Irsay, whatever the flip a Tom Zupancic is, and most of all the oil dork (don't call me George) Lucas.    POSs.

I don't think it's all that dorky, if you have the jack and you want to shell it out to put your name on a building I say go for it. And for Indy there isn't any major corps locally that have that much jack.Here is the thing though - we have been thinking what do we call it? We have for years said THE DOME, it didn't matter if it was Hoosier Dome or RCA Dome it has always been THE DOME. I have proposed that we call it THE SLICK, THE SPILL, or my personal favorite THE CAN. :eek:

:D

By the way Zupancic is a HUGE man that used to be the strength and conditioning coach and a power weight lifter.

Edited to add that Zupancic can kick all of our ASSES!
I was thinking the same thing as I rad the original post.

Users who are viewing this thread