What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Cow's Build a Killer Gaming Rig on a Budget Thread (1 Viewer)

Trying to upgrade son's rig to play current games.

Here's the current build:

ASUS TUF B450M - Motherboard
ADATA 256 MB 2133 MHz SSD - OS Drive
WD 1TB 7200 rpm HDD - Storage Drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 Gb 3600 - RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 6 Core 12 Thread - CPU
Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 560 4GB - Graphics Card

Now, I know enough about PC's to put a decent rig together, but where I lack knowledge is the GFX card. This is obviously a bottom tier card. I recently upgraded the RAM and CPU, so I'm pretty sure the GFX card is the biggest bottleneck at this point. Based on the motherboard, is there something I can target in the $300 range that can handle current-gen games at decent settings?

TIA. :hifive:
Probably not decent settings for 1440+, but for 1080p gaming possibly. Probably target the Radeon RX 7600 XT or the RX 6600. No idea on motherboard and processor compatibility, didn't have a chance to look at that.
So, watching a couple videos, reading some stuff I've narrowed it down to the 7600 XT and 6700 XT. Sounds like the 6700 XT is a bigger beast but getting phased out. I threw a bid on a used one for about 50-60 bucks less that the 7600 XT new. We'll see where that goes. Appreciate the feedback.

ETA, I'm only going for 1080p-level settings. Higher-end monitor will be down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread