What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (10 Viewers)

Kraven's Last Hunt
Unfortunately SONY is releasing a Kraven movie and it looks bad.
Here is the trailer:

maybe it will be ok from an action movie perspective.
Not a fan of this one. They are trying to make Kraven look sympathetic and the nice guy. Kraven is an arrogant, egotistical big game hunter. He's not sympathetic or empathetic. He goes only for the kill. Thats what made him such a good villain for spider-man. My son likes Kraven and wants to see this one. I'm not so sure. I told him we'd likely sit this one out and he can watch when it starts to stream online. I have a feeling Kraven will be the second coming of Madame Web.
That trailer looks dire.

Kraven's Last Hunt
Here is the trailer:

Not a fan of this one. They are trying to make Kraven look sympathetic and the nice guy. Kraven is an arrogant, egotistical big game hunter. He's not sympathetic or empathetic. He goes only for the kill. Thats what made him such a good villain for spider-man. My son likes Kraven and wants to see this one. I'm not so sure. I told him we'd likely sit this one out and he can watch when it starts to stream online. I have a feeling Kraven will be the second coming of Madame Web.
That trailer looks dire.
How did Russell Crowe fall so hard and so fast?
He’s taking paychecks and turning in laughable performances.

Im not really seeing Pascal as the best choice for Reed like others have mentioned. Penn Badgely was at one point rumored. He would have been interesting. Ive watched that You show a few episodes on Netflix and he could pull off the ego.

Will be interesting if they follow through on the early marketing which made it look like they were showing a 1960s vibe. Maybe the show will be true to the comics and launch them in the 1960s and then have them time travel to the modern MCU day via a Kang time travel device or something. We need Doom though too. I saw a suggestion of the actor who played Oppenheimer and he would be good. Or Mads Mikkelson.

Kraven's Last Hunt
Here is the trailer:

Seems pretty violent

I grew up mostly on 80s Marvel. Some storylines that I think would make awesome MCU movies/series (not all of these are 80s stories and maybe some are already being considered):

Kraven's Last Hunt
Mutant Massacre
The Morlocks
Daredevil: Born Again
Thor and Beta Ray Bill
Redo of FF/Silver Surfer/Galactus
Spider-man (If This Be My Destiny - Aunt May dying in hospital and Spiderman has to find a stolen experimental cure that could save her life)

Hopefully Secret Wars will be done well.

I’d like to see the X-Tinction Agenda arc

I really have no interest in this current slate and find a lot of galactic stuff or whatever you want to call it boring

hopefully they can do the mutants right and get a nice set of films going there

I thought the Marvels was pretty fun. The bad guy was meh (she was the bad guy in ant man 2 right?). Don't know where I would rank it yet. Middle pack I guess.
Are you referring to the character of Ghost in Ant Man 2? If so that was a different actress from the one who played Dar-Benn in Marvels

I'm half way through Madame Web and practically nothing has happened.

And what has happened has featured some of the most inane dialog and nonsensical character actions I've ever seen in a movie.

Anything that could be remotely considered an action set piece lasts about 12 seconds. It has no rhythm and even less momentum.

And the villain is so lame he should be in a DC movie.

And what has happened has featured some of the most inane dialog and nonsensical character actions I've ever seen in a movie.

Anything that could be remotely considered an action set piece lasts about 12 seconds. It has no rhythm and even less momentum.

I've been looking for nearly 20 years to find a movie worse than Shark Boy and Lava Girl. Mission accomplished.

I've been looking for nearly 20 years to find a movie worse than Shark Boy and Lava Girl. Mission accomplished.
I'm waiting for the Honest Trailer for this one. Should be a doozie.

Not MCU but aquaman 2 makes all the MCU look like Citizen Kane and the Godfather.

Watching it on Max now. It gives a strong vibe that the actors were all like “are we really doing this dreck?” Nicole Kidman in particular had to be cringing.

Not MCU but aquaman 2 makes all the MCU look like Citizen Kane and the Godfather.

Watching it on Max now. It gives a strong vibe that the actors were all like “are we really doing this dreck?” Nicole Kidman in particular had to be cringing.
Kidman's scene in Aquaman 1 where she is meeting up with Momoa toward the end while wearing the rubber fish suit is one of my all time favorite unintentional comedy moments. I was recently thinking about that scene after watching Dune 1984, as there's an equally awesome/awful scene where Patrick Stewart charges into battle against the Harkonnens carrying a pug.

No desire to watch this one or Madame Web. Just can't get into them. I might give James Gunn's first DC movie a chance, but the last few were not good.

im not really sure a crossbow has the type of knock back power we see in the craven trailer but ill allow it take that to the bank bromigos

freaken madame web is going to probably get good box office results because it's now a tik tok trend to go see it to experience just how bad it is... :wall:
Madame Web could have been directed by Tommy Wiseau. It has the same vibe.
where are you watching it that you can stop and stuff take that to the bank bromigo
I have a guy that knows a guy that finds stuff that falls off trucks from time to time.

• Laughing
Reactions: SWC
yeah that is not something i am capabale of but i am pretty good at waiting so score one for me take that to the bank bromigo

I am 2/3 of the way watching the marvels after 2 nights. Had cub scouts, etc, and by the time we get the kids to bed there is not much time.

The villian stole the plot from a 40 year old mel brooks movie. There is a near infinite amount of oxygen and hydrogen in space to make an atmosphere/water, but lets just suck it up from other planets :oldunsure:

I get that superheros don't make sense, but everything else should in the movie. At least Kamala's family reacts what I would imagine a family of a teenage superhero reacts. They are the only thing in the first 2/3 of the movie that actually makes sense.
The villain was terrible. What I don’t get is why when they have to have a woman villain, like the Falcon and WS, they have to make her sympathetic. Of course The Marvela was going to have a woman villain, but why does the story have to make her really a good person. They tried that with the lady villain in Falcon and WS. They couldn’t just make her bad. Even though she murdered people left and right when it didn’t matter, they still had to make her misunderstood.

The movie wasn’t good enough to then make it sappy/no real bad person. Ms. Marvel’s family was the only redeeming part.

Ms. Marvel’s family was the only redeeming part.
At least her family is way better than Blue Beetle's.
OMG, I have Max for free via AT&T and I watched that movie. It’s movies like that where you wonder how people could watch it and think, yep, it’s ready for a wide release. You have your typical political story line of a wonderful, but poor minority family fighting against an old white woman where George Lopez is your Q who knows quantum physics along with the poor kid who gets the rich hot girl in the end. I mean, who wouldn’t watch that movie! Acting and dialogue were top notch and they even threw in the quiet matriarch who was a revolutionary *** kicker in her past life.

Man, that movie was so bad. They even threw in the neighborhood BBQ at the end where everyone pitches in to rebuild everyone’s houses.

First two episodes of X-Men 97 is out on D+. Sequal to the animated show from the mid 90s. Felt the nostalgia but completely forgot what happened in the original.
Was pretty impressed and was worth the hype, so far. Kids enjoyed them so much, instantly wanted to watch the original ones even though they typically avoid "older" (ha!) animation.

No spoilers but the storyline they are embarking on seems to be a little more mature so interested to see where it goes.

Trailer

New Deadpool & Wolverine trailer.

I know its not tech a spoiler since its in the trailer but maybe some don't want to watch the trailer? I am excited but some of this makes me more skeptical than the teaser. Multiverse Wolverine?
The movie we need RIGHT NOW. Also, how did Leslie Uggams end up with this gig? She's great.

Users who are viewing this thread