What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvin Jones Jr. on the WW (1 Viewer)

CKoz24

Footballguy
A guy placed Marvin Jones Jr. on the waiver wire. First two weeks he did ok, followed by two stinkers against tough match ups. Cecil said you won't start him and he's not in the tiers for wide receivers by Sigmund.

I'm weak at WR and C.Davis is in the bench was going to submit a waiver claim and drop Robby Anderson for him and plug him in as a WR3.

What am I missing here?  

Last edited by a moderator:
He isn't very fantasy friendly.  He seems like he should be good but the facts are he doesn't do much and is the same as most waiver wire WR's.  I would rather have the big play potential of Anderson.

He isn't very fantasy friendly.  He seems like he should be good but the facts are he doesn't do much and is the same as most waiver wire WR's.  I would rather have the big play potential of Anderson.
All this. Jones is just a guy. WR4 material. 

He is too TD dependent. I dropped him for Stills as a WR5 myself since Stills is getting more targets.

Just listened to the audible and Matt said that he played the top 4 cover corners in the league and should be better....

He has played top cover corners for sure, and was getting shadowed by them in most cases.  The biggest knock on him isn't so much him but  what the Lions offense has become - they are looking for the high percentage plays, so Stafford's attempts are way down, as is the ADOT.  The defense has been playing a lot better than anybody expected - if that continues, then the conservative offense will also continue.  If the defense starts playing to the level that everyone expected in the preseason, the offense might loosen up more which would raise Jones' value.

For this week against the Browns I'd prefer Anderson.  Once everybody is healthy I would prefer Davis.  For the weeks between now and then, your guess is as good as mine.

I think i might start him vs Hurns as Julio on bye. Think he is due as Carolina will keep run game in check and their corners are nothing special

I think i might start him vs Hurns as Julio on bye. Think he is due as Carolina will keep run game in check and their corners are nothing special
I feel the same way.  Although someone like Anderson is probably a better play this week, I feel that Jones is due and I won't be able to get him on the WW if he balls out in week 5.

Users who are viewing this thread