What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Forte in Non-PPR (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
What is different about Forte this year than any other year? He doesn't score TDs and that really hurts his value in non-ppr leagues. Yet he's a top 12 RB off the board again.

Am I missing something?

I think the argument is that this is a different coach/system that claims he will be used more. It is just a matter of whether you believe that or not as to where you rank him.

Actually, he scored 6 last year and 4 the year before (unless you play in a league that doesn't count receiving touchdowns, LOL). But Forte has only hit the 1,600-yard mark (combined) twice in five seasons, so it is not a given that he will do so this year.

I consider Forte a low end RB1/very good RB2 in PPR, but in non-PPR, a mid tier RB2.

Actually, he scored 6 last year and 4 the year before (unless you play in a league that doesn't count receiving touchdowns, LOL). But Forte has only hit the 1,600-yard mark (combined) twice in five seasons, so it is not a given that he will do so this year.

I consider Forte a low end RB1/very good RB2 in PPR, but in non-PPR, a mid tier RB2.
I stand corrected, I was only looking at rushing TDs, lol.

Is he getting the goal line carries in the preseason, or is Bush still the TD vulture?

Last edited by a moderator:
He got one carry from the 3, which caused some to overreact like he is suddenly gonna take all carries inside the 5 away from Michael Bush, but I'll believe it when I see it. I gotta think that when they get to the goal line (the 1 or 2), Bush will still be the hammer they use to get that tough yard or two for the score.

If healthy he is going to have career numbers outside of the touchdowns he rushed for his rookie year. Trestman is an offensive mind, Lovie Smith was extremely defensive. This an offense on the rise with some young talent and they are going to score more points this year. I think Forte is one of the safest picks up the at top because he isn't touchdown dependent like say a Steven Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:
If healthy he is going to have career numbers outside of the touchdowns he rushed for his rookie year. Trestman is an offensive mind, Lovie Smith was extremely defensive. This an offense on the rise with some young talent and they are going to score more points this year. I think Forte is one of the safest picks up the at top because he isn't touchdown dependent like say a Steven Jackson.
That might be sort of true in PPR, but in non-PPR, he will need to improve his touchdowns to be the safe pick at the top, as you called him.

I'm actually pleased to see this topic on the board because I recently had my draft (non-ppr)--and I had a choice between Forte and Ridley--and I ended up going with Ridley. The non-ppr thing was the factor that motivated me to make my decision and I'm honestly starting to regret it. Chicago's offense is looking pretty good right now--and I think that Forte could end up being a top tier rb2 with rb1 potential.

Users who are viewing this thread