What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Barrow... IDP Steal of 2005? (1 Viewer)

Bloom

link

no one is in his way to start at MLB, he could be a huge steal in IDP leagues. watch this situation closely.

I picked up Barrow in my dynasty league as an FA . Worth the few bucks I had to spend, I figure. I think Gibbs wants Marshall to start in the middle, but Marshall will be on the outside it Arrington doesnt come around with his knee. I'll hold onto Barrow, even if he doesnt start game 1. Whoever plays the middle in the Washington D is a bona-fide stud, just beacuse of the D scheme there. Barrow is old, and coming off knee tendonitis, which might not sound so bad, but it is..... trust me. I have quad tendonitis, and it can be a sumofabeetch. I'm talking crutches and shorts, because just the wieght of pants on yer knee can make you want to scream. While learning Barrow is getting another scope might sound like a bad thing, it isnt. Severe tendonitis has to be fixed, not rehabbed. I argee, barrow has a 50-50 shot at being a real stud for one more year.

I picked up Barrow in my dynasty league as an FA . Worth the few bucks I had to spend, I figure. I think Gibbs wants Marshall to start in the middle, but Marshall will be on the outside it Arrington doesnt come around with his knee. I'll hold onto Barrow, even if he doesnt start game 1. Whoever plays the middle in the Washington D is a bona-fide stud, just beacuse of the D scheme there. Barrow is old, and coming off knee tendonitis, which might not sound so bad, but it is..... trust me. I have quad tendonitis, and it can be a sumofabeetch. I'm talking crutches and shorts, because just the wieght of pants on yer knee can make you want to scream. While learning Barrow is getting another scope might sound like a bad thing, it isnt. Severe tendonitis has to be fixed, not rehabbed. I argee, barrow has a 50-50 shot at being a real stud for one more year.
I thought he was just getting an MRI and was close to being cleared.....Not another scope.

link

no one is in his way to start at MLB, he could be a huge steal in IDP leagues. watch this situation closely.
I would say no one is in his way as long as he is 100%. I'm not sure what his injury has done/will do to his abilities, but if he's not back to full form I could easily see Marshall starting in the middle with McCune lurking very close behind Marshall.If you can get him cheaply, by all means, go ahead and do it. Like Rovers said, whoever is playing MLB in DC will put up some numbers.

I see him as a cap casualty come June 1st. Best case scenerio, he lands somewhere as a backup at this point.I had him on my roster for the entire year and I just dropped him off my team once I read this on KFFL.Redskins | Barrow Not Among Candidates at Middle Linebacker - from www.KFFL.comSun, 1 May 2005 09:03:29 -0700Jody Foldesy, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams said he has "four or five" candidates in mind to start at middle linebacker this season and LB Mike Barrow (knee), who is rehabbing a knee injury, wasn't one of them.RAPTURE

Check the link.... he's getting scoped in a couple days.
i see MRI, not surgery.
Yer, right, my bad. As far as the Wash Times report, that is the first i've heard of this. June 1 is a magic date, that is when we find out who was lying and who was telling the truth. From all I have read, Barrow is a hip pocket guy. Gibbs has talked about him being in the mix on several occassions. I'll hold him, for the time being.

He could be a steal. I picked him up in an auction league for $1.75; just to show a comparison, Kawika Mitchell went at about the same time for $5.50, guys like Landon Johnson go for $14.

I see him as a cap casualty come June 1st. Best case scenerio, he lands somewhere as a backup at this point.

I had him on my roster for the entire year and I just dropped him off my team once I read this on KFFL.

Redskins | Barrow Not Among Candidates at Middle Linebacker - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 1 May 2005 09:03:29 -0700

Jody Foldesy, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams said he has "four or five" candidates in mind to start at middle linebacker this season and LB Mike Barrow (knee), who is rehabbing a knee injury, wasn't one of them.

RAPTURE
I think this was actually the quote of Williams taken from Redskins.comQ: Speaking of the middle linebacker position, who do you project will emerge at that spot this off-season?

A: "We have what we think are four or five guys who can go in there. We want our linebackers--outside of Marcus Washington and LaVar Arrington--to play all the positions. It just makes us better when the next best athlete has to fit into the spot we need on the field."

As you can see, there is no mention of any linebackers except the OLB's. The rest is speculation. A healthy Barrow is going to be hard to turn down.

Link

I'm a 'Skins homer, so I do know this team. Here's the way I'd put the depth chart based upon combination of likelihood to start week 1 and likely total of snaps for the season:Barrow (assuming healthy)MarshallMcCuneThe MLB on this defense truly is the "QB of the defense", so while I think McCune will be the starter there long term, he's not going to get a sniff of the starting job for at least the first half of the season. If Barrow's healthy, it's his job for one year. After that he's gone and McCune would be the front-runner to start next year. If Barrow's not healthy, Marshall's probably first in line behind him, although Marshall gives up around 20 lbs. to McCune and is really a OLB. Under this scenario, Marshall starts the year and McCune may be able to take over sometime during the second half of the season. Long term (e.g. in dynasty leagues) there's no doubt that McCune holds the best value at MLB for the 'Skins. If you need depth and can afford a more or less idle season from your backup MLB, definitely grab McCune. He should put up #'s like Antonio Pierce did last year for many years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread