What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****MLBTV THREAD***** (1 Viewer)

Trying to decide if I should go mlbtv or MLB radio. $129.99 vs $19.99
Both.
Went with MLB.TV premium, where you get At Bat 13 for free (which has all the radio you'll need). Thanks for the bump, BTW. Splitting a subscription with a friend in Texas. Hopefully they're not too hawkish about shared subscriptions. :unsure:
I heard you can share in groups of 5
Ah good.

I just called them and they said you CANNOT split it.Now, that doesnt mean it cannot be done...but to say they allow a 5 way splitting of a subscription is not true.She said multiple signons is allowable simultaneously if you are on the same IP Address.Not sure how well this can be policed, but its something to think about.

I just called them and they said you CANNOT split it.Now, that doesnt mean it cannot be done...but to say they allow a 5 way splitting of a subscription is not true.She said multiple signons is allowable simultaneously if you are on the same IP Address.Not sure how well this can be policed, but its something to think about.
Sounds like it's not very policed well at all, unless they're going to go all gestapo on it this year.

Of course they wouldnt allow it. The slickdeal post was about cheating the system. Ive never had it or tried it, just passing on what I read.

:lmao: at calling them to ask if you can split it. Did you also call the record companies when you were burning a CD for a friend to make sure it was alright to share that too?

Bumping this as I heard they just announced 2013 pricing.I have always gotten MLB extra innings through DTV, but I am considering switching now....I have a PS3, but will spend most of time watching on my iphone and ipad...The question is...is it worth it? Can I watch on both at the same time? Stoked about the option to watch day games while at work in the office
I'll be buying this again. It's definitely worth the money.
So worth it. It's a no hesitation credit card charge every year for me. I use it on PS3 and Apple TV in my room, and it's fantastic. I love how you can overlay the radio feed over the video feed, so solid. It's nirvana for guys who do fantasy baseball.

If you are not in your favorite team's market, the tv package is so worth it. As an NL fan, living in another team's market, I rarely saw my team play. With mlbtv, i was able to see almost every game, plus other games i was interested in. Do it!

'mquinnjr said:
Bumping this as I heard they just announced 2013 pricing.I have always gotten MLB extra innings through DTV, but I am considering switching now....I have a PS3, but will spend most of time watching on my iphone and ipad...The question is...is it worth it? Can I watch on both at the same time? Stoked about the option to watch day games while at work in the office
I'll be buying this again. It's definitely worth the money.
So worth it. It's a no hesitation credit card charge every year for me. I use it on PS3 and Apple TV in my room, and it's fantastic. I love how you can overlay the radio feed over the video feed, so solid. It's nirvana for guys who do fantasy baseball.
Didn't know you could do that with the radio feed. Cool

FYI for those on DirecTV that buy Extra Innings:My brother called and mentioned he was thinking of switching to MLBtv since he can watch it on multiple devices and it's cheaper. DTV gave him $10 off a month for the year for re-upping it. So, $70-80 for extra innings.

I've already purchased for the year. :thumbup:No sign on when it will be available for PS3 or XBox360 yet, but screw it.
Works for the PS3 already. :shrug:
Oh yeah? I haven't checked, but I just looked online and people were asking about availability. This is the 2013 app?
Pretty sure it was. :shrug:
Ok. :shrug:
Sorry, was at work.Just checked and the PS3 just has a general MLB.TV app. When you open it, you still get access to 2012 games, but it doesn't have 2013 games loaded yet. From what I can tell, though, there's just one MLB.TV app and it doesn't specify year. My guess is that it'll get updated for 2013 soon.

I've already purchased for the year. :thumbup:No sign on when it will be available for PS3 or XBox360 yet, but screw it.
Works for the PS3 already. :shrug:
Oh yeah? I haven't checked, but I just looked online and people were asking about availability. This is the 2013 app?
Pretty sure it was. :shrug:
Ok. :shrug:
Sorry, was at work.Just checked and the PS3 just has a general MLB.TV app. When you open it, you still get access to 2012 games, but it doesn't have 2013 games loaded yet. From what I can tell, though, there's just one MLB.TV app and it doesn't specify year. My guess is that it'll get updated for 2013 soon.
:thumbup:

FYI for those on DirecTV that buy Extra Innings:My brother called and mentioned he was thinking of switching to MLBtv since he can watch it on multiple devices and it's cheaper. DTV gave him $10 off a month for the year for re-upping it. So, $70-80 for extra innings.
Good info here. I think I'll give them a call tonight to "cancel" it.

I guess this is my dilema...Is it worth it to get the MLB extra innings at the MLBTV rate or is it better to get MLBTV at the MLBTV rate.

I guess this is my dilema...Is it worth it to get the MLB extra innings at the MLBTV rate or is it better to get MLBTV at the MLBTV rate.
For me, it's MLB Extra Innings by a mile. Home/road feeds in stunning HD on my 55-inch HDTV (or from any other TV in the house). No need to tie up a console or a computer.

For me, it's MLB Extra Innings by a mile. Home/road feeds in stunning HD on my 55-inch HDTV (or from any other TV in the house). No need to tie up a console or a computer.
You can watch MLB.TV on your TV via the PS3, XBOX 360, Roku or other devices. It has home/road feeds as well. I never had any problems with the picture quality but Extra Innings could be better.

You can watch MLB.TV on your TV via the PS3, XBOX 360, Roku or other devices. It has home/road feeds as well. I never had any problems with the picture quality but Extra Innings could be better.
That's my point on the PS3/XBox360. If I want to move from the living room to the bedroom to the rec room, I'm not unplugging that console to make it happen.I haven't used MLBTV in probably five years, but back then there was a noticeable difference in picture quality and occasional lags with the HD feeds.

That's my point on the PS3/XBox360. If I want to move from the living room to the bedroom to the rec room, I'm not unplugging that console to make it happen.I haven't used MLBTV in probably five years, but back then there was a noticeable difference in picture quality and occasional lags with the HD feeds.
I assumed everyone had one of these devices at each TV.

FYI for those on DirecTV that buy Extra Innings:

My brother called and mentioned he was thinking of switching to MLBtv since he can watch it on multiple devices and it's cheaper. DTV gave him $10 off a month for the year for re-upping it. So, $70-80 for extra innings.
I assumed everyone had one of these devices at each TV.
FBGs are hardcore gamers.

I like mlb.tv cause it gives you radio as well. I have two ATV's so my TV's are covered. Then I get the bonus of radio or TV on my iPhone and iPad.

the MLB At Bat 2013 App is out now... they upped the price from $15 to $20. I am a bit salty about that. :hot:

No spring training games for PS3 or Xbox this year, fyi. Confirmed via the MLBtv forums (admin posts).Watching Tiggers/Phillies on iphone though and it is glorious.

I would guess no spring traing games on Apple TV as well. That would explain why nothing was working for me yesterday.

This is what is posted in their support forum.

Spring Training games will be available on PC, Mac, Roku, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and select Android phones and tablets.iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch users with an Apple TV can use AirPlay to stream the video from At Bat on their Apple TV.

I think i'm up and running. Just to check I assume they don't do a region check in the pre-season right? Anyone know this? I can't seem to find anything definitive on google and I don't want to shut down the vpn and expose my IP on a Dallas MAC.

I think i'm up and running. Just to check I assume they don't do a region check in the pre-season right? Anyone know this? I can't seem to find anything definitive on google and I don't want to shut down the vpn and expose my IP on a Dallas MAC.
When watching on my phone it does the check, but I don't think anything is blacked out. Unless it's just "going through the motions" of checking, but I think it's the former.

Signed up today. Excited to give it a run this year. Might not be pretty but it will be nice to watch my Twins again. It's been 5 years since I gor to same them on the regular.

MLB blows the other major leagues away in terms of digital media and MLBtv is a great example of this.

I love being able to tune in for the Sox games no matter where I am :thumbup:

MLB.TV isn't working on the PS3 yet for this season (something to do with a conflict with a recent system update), but it's working perfect on my Roku. Picture quality is beyond excellent.

Just realized in sitting here watching an Alex Gonzalez ab. This not why we MLBtv.
Unless you have the opposing pitcher on your fantasy team and/or are Mr. Pack, there is no reason to ever get caught watching an Alex Gonzalez at-bat with the resources available to you.

Just realized in sitting here watching an Alex Gonzalez ab. This not why we MLBtv.
Unless you have the opposing pitcher on your fantasy team and/or are Mr. Pack, there is no reason to ever get caught watching an Alex Gonzalez at-bat with the resources available to you.
Switching around to games with men on base...there were two on but once Aramis popped out I should have kept walking.

Got a DDWRT router running a VPN that makes me look like I'm in Canada to watch on my Xbox.

Got a jailbroken iphone which makes me look like I'm in fargo.

All is good.

:nerd:

I'm going to just throw this out here. I pointed my VPN to phoenix just to get a little less latency.

I then activated my Panny TVs for mlb.tv. I put on the arz/mil game and did not get blacked out.

My IP is downtown phx.

developing..........

Got a DDWRT router running a VPN that makes me look like I'm in Canada to watch on my Xbox. Got a jailbroken iphone which makes me look like I'm in fargo. All is good. :nerd:
how does one hypothetically do these things, in theory?
All of it depends on your objectives Getting a VPN setup is usually easy depending on your ISP router. Start looking around at hidemyass wiki They give out free proxies which can work in a pinch for a few days. VPN are a set and forget thing but costs like 4-8 bucks a month.

I seriously think viera cast doesn't do a region check. I will know 100% by tomorrow. Only reason I doubt this is true is I have to think someone on the internet out there would have pointed this out by now.

The other thing is that I found is that didn't update the blackout policy on the national splits like Xbox and the regular website did.

This could be big

Users who are viewing this thread