What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Moise Fokou-Starting MLB? (1 Viewer)

Mosscrue

Footballguy
From Rotoworld...

Coach Mike Munchak confirmed Sunday that Moise Fokou has won the Titans' starting middle linebacker job over Colin McCarthy.
On McCarthy's only practice of training camp, he pulled his hamstring. He has not returned, while Fokou has handled starting reps since OTAs. "I don't know what's gonna go on with Colin," Munchak said. "Right now, (Fokou) would be our starter. I don't know if Colin will be practicing this week, and next week. ... (Fokou) is the best linebacker that's lined up and practiced everyday."

I have McCarthy in my Dyno. He's a hold for me at least throughout the preseason. His leash is getting shorter by the day with me though. We have short benches and there are guys on the WW like Foiku, Phillip Wheeler, etc that are going to produce. We'll see

If the criteria for starting at MLB in TEN is being healthy everyday, Fokou is the guy. If it's ability, talent, and making the D better, then McCarthy wins by a landslide.

That said, McCarthy is hurt an awful lot and his spot on the FF roster can be very vexing and frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there been any word on Fokou as a 3-down backer, or would it be Ayers/Brown seeing passing downs?

Bronco Billy summed it up pretty well. Fokou offers almost zero dynasty value and he's almost guaranteed a 2-down job. His ability is that of a top backup LB at best. He's not suited to be an every week starter.

Fokou won't hold much if any value if you start 3 or less LBs each week. I could see guys jumping on him if you start 4 or more each week or you play in a 16 team league. Just don't expect him to keep the job when McCarthy is healthy. Although who knows if that will ever happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Jim Wyatt's twitter.

Titans have no plans to bump Moise Fokou at MLB any time soon. Munchak expects Colin McCarthy to be "disappointed."

Fokou has looked decent during the preseason, but this seems odd. A healthy McCarthy is better than Fokou.

Per Jim Wyatt's twitter.

Titans have no plans to bump Moise Fokou at MLB any time soon. Munchak expects Colin McCarthy to be "disappointed."

Fokou has looked decent during the preseason, but this seems odd. A healthy McCarthy is better than Fokou.
I don't think they expect McCarthy to ever be healthy though.

YOu have got to think McCarthy is in the coaches dog house for something he said or did (or didn't do) - perhaps he did not put every effort into rehab after his hamstring got hurt (it was hamstring this spring, right?)

Looks like TEN has gotten tired of McCarthy always being hurt, and therefore undependable. As a McCarthy owner in one league, I completely sympathize with their opinion and have just about reached the point where I am ready to cut bait. This really sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread