What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Monday Night Miracle Thread! Week 16 Championship edition. (1 Viewer)

Ugh, forget it with Boone. Now I'm probably going to lose the standard scoring one if Adams doesn't get 2 more yards receiving, because Jones got that TD and he's close to 100 yards himself. And if Williams is out the rest of the way it's a cinch he gets there.

Ugh, forget it with Boone. Now I'm probably going to lose the standard scoring one if Adams doesn't get 2 more yards receiving, because Jones got that TD and he's close to 100 yards himself. And if Williams is out the rest of the way it's a cinch he gets there.
might be close now. good luck.

edit: sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
If diggs gets a catch for 13 yards, i lose.    butkers double doink cost me 3pts (missed xp -2).   my booner didn't help either.

drinking heavily.   clock this out aaron.

Ouch...hell of a run you made, any prizes for 2nd?
Yes, but much smaller of course. My $1200 payday will drop to about $900. 

Same guy I lost to with Jones once beat me overcoming an 80+ point lead with 2 players on a Monday's night, Bears no less. Matt Forte and Josh McCown that night he had 5 TDs. I've lost worse than this tonight, but it still stings.

On 12/22/2019 at 4:27 PM, BigDave said:

I'm an idiot...

Played Rivers over Tannehill

May cost me a championship

Rivers 11 points

Tannehill 28 points

Negative 17 

Rivers is done. Needs to retire. 

My fault, I thought against OAK he'd do much better

Lost championship by 16🤯

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Truly need a miracle.

Down by 2 points with Boone left in a half PPR.

Opponent has both Thielen and Rudolph.

It really would be a miracle for Boone to outscore both receivers and another 2 points to boot. I am expecting pain.
Boone: 3.87

Thielen: 0.2

Rudolph: 1.37

IT HAPPENED!!!

Hearts out to those who were not as ridiculously, unbelievably, and and improbably lucky as I was. I don't feel like I deserved this.

Up 8.5. I have Boone going vs Diggs. Not feeling great about it.
F. Lost by 2. No other choice at RB with cook, Mattison and Jacobs out. Was going against Wilson so played DK over Kupp/Wiiliams/Sanders. DK’s 0 lost it for me more than Boone’s dud. Cost me a grand.

Dang. Russell Wilson cost a lot of people money with that trash performance Sunday. I'll never forget how awful he was when we needed him to come through most. 

The Seahawks game was a disaster for everyone with a piece of that team week 16. Home game. Battling for NFC West title vs. a team average to bad against the pass. Playing from behind. What are the odds that Lockett gets 2 points and DK gets 0? A starter, who plays the whole game getting a zero in ppr is hard to do. 

If I get 80 from Jones and Adams I'll win the 250k 1st prize in the FPC tourney. 

But in the real world if I get 42 from those 2 I'll win 15k for 3rd place. If I get 42 from those 2 with 28 from Adams I'll win 2nd place for 30k. 

I'm a little jacked up. I also left about 40 points on my bench in week 14. But it would have meant benching Andrews, Ingram and Jackson that week. There isn't a universe where I would have done that. 

In a much smaller stakes dynasty league I am looking to go back to back as champion. I need 54.5 from Rodgers, Adams and Jones. There is a pattern here. Here is hoping for a shootout.
https://images.app.goo.gl/vUQzBWsJwgpFsdeY9

Well I guess the mark I needed from Adams was actually ~25 not 28 but regardless I missed 2nd place by 1.06 pts. A single more catch for 1 yard would have got me 30k last night. Imma be grateful for the 15k victory!! 

I've already had a couple people tell me something like holy cow that's hard to take getting that close and not getting it. I guess so, but I have always said that we shouldn't look at that one big play at the end that could have done it for you (not just fantasy but sports and competition in general), it's the aggregate of an entire contest worth of little breaks for and against you. Adams dropped a sure TD pass before halftime that probably cost me $15,000 last night. Well, ok, but let me list like 10 guys that had ####ty games that allowed my team to run past them in the standings. Chubb, DJ Moore, Singletary, Slayton, Metcalf, etc., etc. So many breaks that *did* go my way. I put up a #######g 223.7 this week. Highest score of the week. So, no, I don't fret about this one play or that one play that could have done it.

Anyway, I'm freaking jazzed. Merry Christmas!!

Well I guess the mark I needed from Adams was actually ~25 not 28 but regardless I missed 2nd place by 1.06 pts. A single more catch for 1 yard would have got me 30k last night. Imma be grateful for the 15k victory!! 

I've already had a couple people tell me something like holy cow that's hard to take getting that close and not getting it. I guess so, but I have always said that we shouldn't look at that one big play at the end that could have done it for you (not just fantasy but sports and competition in general), it's the aggregate of an entire contest worth of little breaks for and against you. Adams dropped a sure TD pass before halftime that probably cost me $15,000 last night. Well, ok, but let me list like 10 guys that had ####ty games that allowed my team to run past them in the standings. Chubb, DJ Moore, Singletary, Slayton, Metcalf, etc., etc. So many breaks that *did* go my way. I put up a #######g 223.7 this week. Highest score of the week. So, no, I don't fret about this one play or that one play that could have done it.

Congrats man.  Great perspective and well done!

barackdhouse said:

Carson, Henry, A Miller, Cook, Thielen, Cooper, the list goes on.

Been off the boards, but went into Monday likely winning at least one Championship and a chance at getting two... with a slim (but scarily likely) chance of losing both.

In say 40-50 regular seasons over 20 years of fantasy I’ve won about ten or a dozen championships, but have also experienced the double super bowl loss. Talk about rendering a great, great season painful.  Even with winning a few hundred in each. 

In one league I was plus 15, facing Mike Boone. In the other I was down 25 WITH Boone and also Aaron Jones. 

After the first half it looked solid that I’d win my one league, but unless Boone and Jones went off a bit lose the bigger money opportunity. And NO one looked to be going off.

Well, Boone did squat as he squated in the sideline. And Aaron Jones ran for a 50+ yard TD that took a “need a TD and some yards” deficit into a double championship day. I think my first ever double from one of my top 3 leagues (used to be two). 

Not quite a miracle, but damn it sure felt like one as my conflictedly glum ### (win one championship but the one where I’d get a few Bundt less than the other) jumped up and cheered in that run, holding my breath for a late flag, and then going a bit bezerk for a middle aged dude.  

Users who are viewing this thread