What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My 1.0 mock draft (1 Viewer)

NorrisB

Footballguy
My mock draft 1.0.  I took Farley out of the first round pick of the news of his herniated disc, and he opted out of 21, and he missed the pro day, making a risky pick more risky..

1. Jax QB Trevor Lawrence

2. Jets QB Zach Wilson

3. Fins OT Sewell

4. Atl QB Fields

5. Cin WR Chase

6. Phi WR Devonte Smith

7. Det WR Waddle

8. Car QB Lance

9. Den LB Parsons- this is a tricky one Denver could go alot of directions. Their LBs kinda suck. Sure would make sense for them to get ahead of Car for Lance with a trade with the lions.

10. Dallas- CB Surtain- that's a safe bet

11. Gmen- TE Pitts, Engram's contract only has 1 year left 

12. 9ers- CB Horn, tough spot for the 9ers

13. SD- OT Slater no brainer.  Chargers sweat it out and get their man at 13.

14. Minny- edge Kwity Paye

15. NEP- Zaven Collins bigger is better Bill Parcells LB, that Parcells disciple Belichick will fall in love with.

16. Cards- CB Stokes loves them some 4.2 speed. 

17. LV- Barmore DT.  DT help LV badly needs.  JOK would certainly be a value pick here.

18. Miami- WR Bateman, Grier passes on a RB to the chagrin of Fins fans.

19. Wash- OT Darrisaw, gotta get those hogs.

20. Chi- Mac Jones, buys the staff time.

21. Indy OT Samuel Cosmi, Indy needs LT and everything else D.

22. Ten- CB Newsome, polished cb that could go higher.  If they can only patch up WR and CB...

23. Jets- CB Tyson Campbell 6'2'' 4.34 40 new breed of corners.  Jets are awful at corner.

24. Pitt- OT/G Vera-Tucker.  Pitt falls in love with the versaility.

25. Jax- OT Leatherwood- hard to pass on 34 3/8'’ arms and 85 3/8’’ wingspan, even though he does give up the edge alot.  They would love for barmore to fall.

26. Cle- Edge Rousseau

27. Bal- Edge Olujari

28. Saints- LB JOK.  Small LB fits their scheme.  What a steal for the Saints!

29. GBP- WR Rondale Moore

30. Buffalo- G Wyatt Davis, could be mayfield here , they need interior OL bad.

31. KC- OT Liam Eichenberg

32. TB- DT A. McNeil

Last edited by a moderator:
As a UCLA alum, I feel Miller and James will be fine. 🙂 Wouldnt you want to upgrade A. Key?
I was thinking more about Right Tackle. I agree Miller (LT) and James (C) will be fine. They have invested a lot in free agents along the D-Line this year, the hole at RT is now a more pressing issue. 

I was thinking more about Right Tackle. I agree Miller (LT) and James (C) will be fine. They have invested a lot in free agents along the D-Line this year, the hole at RT is now a more pressing issue. 
James was a left tackle in college and good one, he can play RT if needed.

Think you missed Caleb Fairley.  Projected top 12 player and #1 CB.  Don't see him on your list at all. 

Someone who is also looking at all the other recievers.
as a bengals fan we already have plenty of TEs we dont need a TE that cant block and pretty much announces the play is a pass. Ja'marr Chase and Devonta Smith are simply more valuable.  And the Lions are not passing on Waddle.  Give me Kenny Yeboah 4 rounds later if i want someone similar to that.

as a bengals fan we already have plenty of TEs we dont need a TE that cant block and pretty much announces the play is a pass. Ja'marr Chase and Devonta Smith are simply more valuable.  And the Lions are not passing on Waddle.  Give me Kenny Yeboah 4 rounds later if i want someone similar to that.
Say what you want, but Pitts is going single digits. Bank on it.

24. Pitt- OT/G Vera-Tucker.  Pitt falls in love with the versaility.
The Steelers need more help at LT than at G.   If the Steelers go OT I am thinking they would be more interested in Jenkins, Radunz or Leatherwood.

I'm gonna go on record and say I will be shocked if the Phins took Sewell at 3.  

Personally I see them trying to trade down with those teams that want a QB and need to have "their guy" and are willing to move up for him.  If everyone in the top 10 decided to play chicken, I see them taking Pitts, Smith, or Chase.  If they trade down, I see it being Pitts. Chase, Smith, and Waddle in terms of whichever one falls to them depending on where they end up.  (I think the miami brain trust is doing the "patriot" thing and just making sure they amass future picks to have flexibility; Trading with Carolina or denver and picking up a first next year and maybe another pick in the second or third this year makes sense especially since they coached at the senior bowl)

With the second pick, I'd say there are 4 defensive players and 2-3 offensive players That Miami will either hope falls to them or be willing to reach for:  Parsons, the LB from Notre Dame, Page and Barmore.  Offensively you figure Harris or perhaps bateman. (I think the Harris pick is dependent on how much the phins like Etienne or Williams).  Second and third rounds the whispers are a center, a corner (they have an out for both Jones and Howard after this year on their contracts), and whichever player they didn't get in round one (WR/RB).

I'm gonna go on record and say I will be shocked if the Phins took Sewell at 3.  

Personally I see them trying to trade down with those teams that want a QB and need to have "their guy" and are willing to move up for him.  If everyone in the top 10 decided to play chicken, I see them taking Pitts, Smith, or Chase.  If they trade down, I see it being Pitts. Chase, Smith, and Waddle in terms of whichever one falls to them depending on where they end up.  (I think the miami brain trust is doing the "patriot" thing and just making sure they amass future picks to have flexibility; Trading with Carolina or denver and picking up a first next year and maybe another pick in the second or third this year makes sense especially since they coached at the senior bowl)

With the second pick, I'd say there are 4 defensive players and 2-3 offensive players That Miami will either hope falls to them or be willing to reach for:  Parsons, the LB from Notre Dame, Page and Barmore.  Offensively you figure Harris or perhaps bateman. (I think the Harris pick is dependent on how much the phins like Etienne or Williams).  Second and third rounds the whispers are a center, a corner (they have an out for both Jones and Howard after this year on their contracts), and whichever player they didn't get in round one (WR/RB).
Dolphins dont really have that good of an OL, ranked like 29th, Austin Jackson wasnt exactly amazing.

Dolphins dont really have that good of an OL, ranked like 29th, Austin Jackson wasnt exactly amazing.
3 rookies will do that to a line. Adding another rookie without seeing the development of the ones you picked last year seems shortsighted especially with the need for playmakers.

you know you're right that was really dumb to have that Raiders going barmore.  Who would they take though if Slater, Darrisaw and Sewell are gone, think they would reach on Jenkins?  Or move Cosmi to right tackle?

3 rookies will do that to a line. Adding another rookie without seeing the development of the ones you picked last year seems shortsighted especially with the need for playmakers.
I've went round and round with what they might do, I think the smart bet is to take Sewell and grab a WR at 18, Fuller, Parker, and Bateman is pretty rock solid.  Dolphins fans seem as confused as I am, and pretty split between Chase and Sewell.

Like the Parsons pick to Denver.

Think if Pitts goes to NYG it would be less than a positive. 

With the Vikings signing Dalvin Tomlinson and getting Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce back this year, along with the late season flashes that DJ Wonnum showed at DE, I think the Vikings HAVE to go O-line in the first (Darrisaw or Vera-Tucker at 14...unless they trade down a little bit and take one of them a little later in the 1st...

He dropped all the way down to #13 in most mocks cause of the back.  Not off the entire board.
I think the difference between the other CBs and Farley were not that big before the injury.  He's been seen as a boom bust for a while, now he's even riskier.

With the Vikings signing Dalvin Tomlinson and getting Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce back this year, along with the late season flashes that DJ Wonnum showed at DE, I think the Vikings HAVE to go O-line in the first (Darrisaw or Vera-Tucker at 14...unless they trade down a little bit and take one of them a little later in the 1st...
What if Slater, Darrisaw and Sewell are off the board though?  Arent Hill and O'Neill pretty good tackles?  You think that's good enough at edge?

What if Slater, Darrisaw and Sewell are off the board though?  Arent Hill and O'Neill pretty good tackles?  Would Barmore make sense?
Hill is a "decent" back-up if he needs to fill in for a week or two...they don't have a starting left guard right now and Riley Reiff signed in Cincy so they are down from last year and they were about the worst o-line in the league last year.

Barmore would have made sense until they signed Tomlinson...gotta be o-line

Hill is a "decent" back-up if he needs to fill in for a week or two...they don't have a starting left guard right now and Riley Reiff signed in Cincy so they are down from last year and they were about the worst o-line in the league last year.

Barmore would have made sense until they signed Tomlinson...gotta be o-line
Man these tackles are going to go alot higher than people expect, no way guys like Leatherwood make it to pick 50 and Eichenberg to the 3rd round.

I'm not one of those Packer fans who love a WR in the 1st and would lean towards defense but Moore has the potential to be a dynamic weapon.  Would love his playmaking ability in this offense.  Sign me up.   10000x better than the Jordan Love selection.  

Users who are viewing this thread