What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My positional rankings from week 12 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
QB:
Tier 1
1. Lamar Jackson(2)
2. Josh Allen(1)
Tier 2
3. Patrick Mahomes(3)
Tier 3
4. Kyler Murray(4)
Tier 4
5. Tom Brady(5)
6. Justin Herbert(7)
7. Jalen Hurts(9)
8. Matthew Stafford(6)
Tier 5
9. Dak Prescott(8)
10. Kirk Cousins(14)...4 straight top-10 weeks, and the Vikings are   looking like a top offense going forward. Of course, I'd be lying if there wasn't some letdown potential.
11. Aaron Rodgers(11)
12. Cam Newton(NR)...top-5 game in his first week as a starter, and he has arguably the best supporting cast of his career. 
13. Joe Burrow(10)...Bengals came out of the bye week being more run heavy, and Burrow has been missing a lot of deep throws of late. 
14. Justin Fields(13)
Tier 6
15. Ryan Tannehill(NR)
Dropped out: Russell Wilson(Can't help but feel this is an overreaction, especially with the NFL's worst pass defense up next, but that's 100% a bet on track record, not what he's looked like the last 2 weeks) Derek Carr(Just isn't the same without a deep threat)

RB:
Tier 1
1. Christian McCaffrey(3)
Tier 2
2. Jonathan Taylor(1)
3. Austin Ekeler(2)
Tier 3
4. Dalvin Cook(4)
Tier 4
5. Alvin Kamara(10)...3rd in PPG(not counting Henry) and has a good schedule down the stretch. 
6. Najee Harris(6)
7. Aaron Jones(7)
Tier 5
8. Nick Chubb(9)
9. Ezekiel Elliott(5)...workload has been fluctuating a ton lately, but he's still as big a TD threat as anyone. 
10. Cordarrelle Patterson(12)...7th at WR
11. D'Andre Swift(15)...back to back top-15 weeks despite NFL's worst QB play. I'm not convinced Tim Boyle is a better QB than I am. The OL is opening bigger holes with Decker back.
12. Darrell Henderson(14)
13. James Robinson(13)
14. Saquon Barkley(8)...he didn't look ready yet, but Garrett firing and great schedule are pluses. Will go up if he looks healthier.
Tier 6
15. Joe Mixon(16)
16. Kareem Hunt(17)
17. Elijah Mitchell(19)
18. David Montgomery(18)
19. Leonard Fournette(20)
Tier 7
20. Myles Gaskin(23)
Tier 8
21. James Conner(11)...only 1 game left without Edmonds, was TD or bust when Edmonds was playing.
22. Melvin Gordon(26)
23. Antonio Gibson(24)
24. Damien Harris(21)
25. Josh Jacobs(25)
26. Clyde Edwards-Helaire(28)
27. Chase Edmonds(NR)...was starting to take the lead role before injury. He's a very interesting wildcard, in an explosive offense.
Tier 9
28. Javonte Williams(30)
29. Devonta Freeman(NR)
30. Miles Sanders(NR)
Dropped out: Michael Carter(high ankle sprain, and not a good enough offense to count on him upon return) Chris Carson(neck fusion surgery sounds career threatening) Tony Pollard(doesn't have a big enough role to crack tier 9)

WR:
Tier 1
1. Justin Jefferson(5)...has 1 bad week all year, and is simply uncoverable. He's arguably the best all around WR in the NFL. He's also had awful luck with multiple TDs taken away from him upon reviews.
Tier 2
2. Tyreek Hill(1)
3. Davante Adams(2)
Tier 3
4. Cooper Kupp(3)
Tier 4
5. Deebo Samuel(6)
6. Ja'Marr Chase(4)
7. Hollywood Brown(8)
8. DK Metcalf(7)
9. Keenan Allen(13)...has distanced himself as the very clear #1 WR. Averaging 12 targets and 9 catches per game over the last month.
10. AJ Brown(10)
Tier 5
11. Stefon Diggs(24)...I overreacted last week. He isn't seeing the targets or deep shots he was last year, and has a far lower ceiling, that I still believe, but his floor is higher than I was giving credit for.
12. DeAndre Hopkins(9)...so many options on that offense, Hopkins will sometimes be left out, lower ceiling than last year, same as Diggs.
13. CeeDee Lamb(11)
14. Diontae Johnson(12)
Tier 6
15. Mike Evans(14)
16. Chris Godwin(15)
17. Adam Thielen(17)
18. Terry McLaurin(19)
19. Michael Pittman(18)
20. DJ Moore(20)
21. Brandin Cooks(21)
Tier 7
22. Antonio Brown(23)
23. Mike Williams(16)...a busted coverage away from another nothing game. He's the clear WR2 on the Chargers, after looking like a 1A/1B situation earlier in the year.
24. Amari Cooper((25)
25. Tyler Lockett(26)
26. Jaylen Waddle(27)
27. Tee Higgins(22)...passing game is underachieving at the moment. 
Tier 8
28. Elijah Moore(NR)...I'm a monster fan of his, and thought he should have been a mid 1st rounder in the NFL draft. That said, I've been slow to get on board due to the QB roulette and the lack of playing time. Hopefully this is the start of the offense being built around him. 
29. DeVonta Smith(28)
30. Chase Claypool(29)
31. Sterling Shepard(30)
32. Jerry Jeudy(31)
33. Brandon Aiyuk(NR)...congrats to those who were patient with him. 2 top-10 weeks in the last 3.
34. Odell Beckham(32)
Tier 9
35. Christian Kirk((33)
36. Hunter Renfrow(34)
37. Courtland Sutton(35)
38. Kadarius Toney(36)
Tier 10
39. Darnell Mooney(NR)
40. Emmanuel Sanders(37)
Dropped out: AJ Green(decent floor, but no upside, seems to have been passed by Ertz in pecking order) Jakobi Meyers(not enough volume) Cole Beasley(disappears too often, and doesn't have the ceiling to be worth the ebbs and flows)

TE:
Tier 1
1. Travis Kelce(1)
Tier 2
2. Mark Andrews(5)...high floor, and high upside. Ravens are a passing team now, and have enough weapons that he can't be doubled.
3. Darren Waller(2)...2 top-5 games out of the last 3, aka since Ruggs has been gone.  
Tier 3
4. George Kittle(3)
5. Kyle Pitts(4)
Tier 4
6. Mike Gesicki(6)
7. TJ Hockenson(7)
8. Dallas Goedert(8)
Tier 5
9. Rob Gronkowski(9)
10. Dawson Knox(10)
11. Logan Thomas(11)
12. Zach Ertz(NR)...over 20% targets is great for a TE, let alone one in a great offense. Could come down when Murray/Hopkins return, but if it doesn't he's got tier-3 upside. 
13. Dalton Schultz(12)
14. Noah Fant(13)
Tier 6
15. Tyler Higbee(15)
Dropped out: Hunter Henry(TD or bust, in a run heavy offense. Does get a lot of TDs though)

Thanks TravDogg. 

Gutsy call on Justin Jefferson as going to #1WR, but I agree. He looks uncoverable and just like last year he's getting on a monster roll. 

I'd flip Eckler and Cook.  

Damien Harris at 24 is egregious.  Even if you put him behind the pass catching lead backs, he should be no lower than 16th.

I think Deebo and Chase deserve to be in their own tier over the others in the Tier 4 you've created.

Great list as always.

I'd flip Eckler and Cook.  

Damien Harris at 24 is egregious.  Even if you put him behind the pass catching lead backs, he should be no lower than 16th.

I think Deebo and Chase deserve to be in their own tier over the others in the Tier 4 you've created.

Great list as always.
Why would you flip Ekeler and Cook? 

I'm a little worried Harris is on the verge of being in a RBBC that might include both Stevenson and Bolden. I think he is going to be very TD dependent  going forward.

I see where you are coming from with Deebo and Chase. My hesitancy, is that they are both in crowded offenses, and in Samuel's case have been on the positive side of variance of late. I'm not counting on Samuel having rushing TDs every week. If I'm understanding correctly, if you'd have Deebo and Chase alone on tier 4, would you have the remainder of that tier still in its own tier, or lumped in with tier 5?

28. Elijah Moore(NR)...I'm a monster fan of his, and thought he should have been a mid 1st rounder in the NFL draft. That said, I've been slow to get on board due to the QB roulette and the lack of playing time. Hopefully this is the start of the offense being built around him. 

Does the QB news in NY change your ranking?

Jonathan Taylor says hold my beer Joe. Guess he needed 7 tds to stay where he was ranked last week. Maybe this week! 
top 2 or 3 is a bit of a crapshoot going further.  Taylor should get more focus of the opposing D.  CMac getting healthy.  i can see it.  Mixon just makes no sense.  Behind Saquon?  I love Saquon, but he won't be 100% for another few weeks.

Should it? I tend to think Wilson is the best QB on the team, he just had some things going against him. He didn't have Davis or Crowder for stretches and too many snaps were going to the likes of Keelan Cole and Braxton Berrios. It seems like its become pretty stream lined now with Moore, Davis, and Crowder. I'd expect Wilson looks a lot better down the stretch. 

Ranking QBs is a ridiculouus activity these days.
How so?

Mixon goes up one spot.  I give up.
I know. Last week was a mixed bag for me. Huge rushing numbers, 0 catches. He's great when the Bengals are winning. I just don't trust him, and I say that as someone who has been starting him all year. Little worried about his schedule too. 

Jonathan Taylor says hold my beer Joe. Guess he needed 7 tds to stay where he was ranked last week. Maybe this week! 
Got to give him something to strive for. 

That ranking was more about CMC than Taylor. CMC is healthy, the offense is cooking a bit and CMC has been a top-4 RB each of the last 2 weeks, despite 0 TD's. TD's are coming in bunches going forward. I like Taylor, but he just doesn't have the same weekly ceiling...except in the likely unrepeatable weeks when he scores 5 TDs. 

Should it? I tend to think Wilson is the best QB on the team, he just had some things going against him. He didn't have Davis or Crowder for stretches and too many snaps were going to the likes of Keelan Cole and Braxton Berrios. It seems like its become pretty stream lined now with Moore, Davis, and Crowder. I'd expect Wilson looks a lot better down the stretch. 

I asked b/c I wasn't sure how healthy Wilson is, and my quick impression of the stats was that Wilson has been the least of the 3 QBs. I hadn't considered the trend inWR snaps as an argument in favor of Wilson though. Anyway, thanks for taking my call, long time listener, first time caller!

Trav, have you considered changing the thread title to "My positional rankings for the fantasy playoffs"?  You've said this list assumes you have already made the playoffs, right?  I think renaming it would take away alot of the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread