What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My positional rankings from week 5 onward (2 Viewers)

travdogg

Footballguy
Since this went so well last week, I thought I'd get it another run this week. I included last week's ranking in parenthesis.

QB:
1. Josh Allen(1)
2. Kyler Murray(2)
3. Lamar Jackson(3)
4. Patrick Mahomes (4)
5. Tom Brady(6)
6. Jalen Hurts(8)
7. Justin Herbert(10)
8. Dak Prescott(5)
9. Aaron Rodgers(9)
10. Russell Wilson(7)
11. Matthew Stafford(11)
12. Sam Darnold(15)
13. Ryan Tannehill(13)
14. Joe Burrow(NR)
15. Daniel Jones(14)
Dropped out: Derek Carr

RB:
1. Christian McCaffrey(2)
2. Derrick Henry(1)
3. Dalvin Cook(3)
4. Saquon Barkley(4)
5. Ezekiel Elliott(10)
6. Aaron Jones(6)
7. D'Andre Swift(8)
8. Najee Harris(11)
9. Alvin Kamara(9)
10. Nick Chubb(5)
11. Austin Ekeler(7)
12. Joe Mixon(12)
13. Darrell Henderson(15)
14. Antonio Gibson(14)
15. Jonathan Taylor(13)
16. James Robinson(16)
17. Josh Jacobs(22)
18. Chris Carson(18)
19. Kareem Hunt(23)
20. Damien Harris(25)
21. Damian Williams(NR)
22. Clyde Edwards-Helaire(20)
23. Chase Edmonds(19)
24. Elijah Mitchell(NR)
25. Mike Davis(24)
26. Cordarrelle Patterson(NR)...would be 25 at WR
27. Leonard Fournette(26)
28. Zach Moss(27)
29. Nyheim Hines(30)
30. Latavius Murray(NR)
Dropped out: Miles Sanders, David Montgomery(expecting him to be out through the week 10 bye) Jamaal Williams, Devin Singletary

WR:
1. Davante Adams(1)
2. Tyreek Hill(2)
3. Stefon Diggs(4)
4. Justin Jefferson(3)
5. DJ Moore(7)
6. Cooper Kupp(8)
7. Calvin Ridley(11)
8. DeAndre Hopkins(5)
9. DK Metcalf(6)
10. AJ Brown(12)
11. Terry McLaurin(22)
12. CeeDee Lamb(9)
13. Keenan Allen(13)
14. Amari Cooper(17)
15. Deebo Samuel(15)
16. Mike Evans(10)
17. Adam Thielen(23)
18. Tyler Lockett(14)
19. Chris Godwin(19)
20. Diontae Johnson(20)
21. Mike Williams(16)
22. Kenny Golladay(26)
23. Hollywood Brown(21)
24. Brandin Cooks(29)
25. Robert Woods(18)
26. Odell Beckham(25)
27. Courtland Sutton(24)
28. Tee Higgins(27)
29. Ja'Marr Chase(30)
30. DeVonta Smith(39)
31. Sterling Shepard(35)
32. Julio Jones(38)
33. Marvin Jones(31)
34. Laviska Shenault(NR)
35. Corey Davis(40)
36. Tyler Boyd(NR)
37. Antonio Brown(NR)
38. Jaylen Waddle(32)
39. Michael Pittman(33)
40. Jakobi Meyers(NR)
Dropped out: Jerry Jeudy(unclear timetable) Cole Beasley, Michael Gallup, Allen Robinson

TE:
1. Travis Kelce(1)
2. Darren Waller(2)
3. George Kittle(3)
4. Mark Andrews(6)
5. TJ Hockenson(4)
6. Logan Thomas(7)
7. Kyle Pitts(5)
8. Noah Fant(9)
9. Mike Gesicki(12)
10. Rob Gronkowski(14)...I was probably slightly low last week
11. Tyler Higbee(10)
12. Dawson Knox(NR)
13. Robert Tonyan(11)
14. Dallas Goedert(8)
15. Dalton Schultz(NR)
Dropped out: Gerald Everett, Hunter Henry

Great job travdogg.

Glad I can be of influence on Gronk. 🙂

Wondering about why you don't have Ekeler in your top 10.  He looked phenomenal last night running the ball, the best I have seen him.

On the WR front, I think you have Hopkins too high.  I would move McLaurin to 8, K Allen to 11 and Hopkins to 13.  These seem reasonable to me.

How could Swift possibly have gone up in rank and Ekeler gone down based on the previous week?  Swift is a rb2 with how the lions are using him, and with how they are outwardly committed to a rbbc.  Shouldn't be anywhere near the top ten.

How could Swift possibly have gone up in rank and Ekeler gone down based on the previous week?  Swift is a rb2 with how the lions are using him, and with how they are outwardly committed to a rbbc.  Shouldn't be anywhere near the top ten.
If I offered swift straight up for ekeler I'd get laughed at

Great job travdogg.

Glad I can be of influence on Gronk. 🙂

Wondering about why you don't have Ekeler in your top 10.  He looked phenomenal last night running the ball, the best I have seen him.

On the WR front, I think you have Hopkins too high.  I would move McLaurin to 8, K Allen to 11 and Hopkins to 13.  These seem reasonable to me.
I'm still probably lower than most on Gronk, but Tonyan and Goedert lose too much playing time to be above him, and Everett needs to prove more.

I may be underrating Ekeler, but I think his rushing explosion last night was much more about the Raiders than Ekeler. That was the Chargers first game over 95 yards this season, meanwhile the Raiders have given up 133 or more to everybody but the Steelers. 9-13 is probably a tier for me, so Ekeler is in the middle of that, I could have him 9th or 10th and feel ok about it, I just trust Kamara and Chubb's track records a little bit more.

I'm probably going to be stubborn about Hopkins for a bit. I hesitate to move McLaurin that high yet, I see a guy who has destroyed bad teams and been mostly shut down by good teams. How he does against Lattimore this week, will likely tell us a lot. 

Swift had some bad luck in the box score, mostly because the Lions turned it over in the redzone several times, but his snaps were the highest they've been, his short yardage work has gone up each week, and he's got the passing down snaps on lockdown. Swift is probably my #1 buy low right now. He's the heartbeat of that offense, and while Jamaal Williams did have more carries last week, I don't really see that as a major issue going forward. 

I'll happily go out on the limb for Swift. 

Swift had some bad luck in the box score, mostly because the Lions turned it over in the redzone several times, but his snaps were the highest they've been, his short yardage work has gone up each week, and he's got the passing down snaps on lockdown. Swift is probably my #1 buy low right now. He's the heartbeat of that offense, and while Jamaal Williams did have more carries last week, I don't really see that as a major issue going forward. 

The heartbeat of a dead body?  It's not bad luck when an offense turns the ball over three out of three times in the opponents ten, it's a bad offense you should want to divest yourself of.  And you might as well make the same snaps based argument for Davis on ATL - don't worry the other guy is actually touching the ball, Swift is still in the game more.

The heartbeat of a dead body?  It's not bad luck when an offense turns the ball over three out of three times in the opponents ten, it's a bad offense you should want to divest yourself of.  And you might as well make the same snaps based argument for Davis on ATL - don't worry the other guy is actually touching the ball, Swift is still in the game more.
A play where a QB essentially throws an INT where he never touches the ball with his hands is the very definition of bad luck. A tipped ball that was likely going to be a TD for Swift gets picked off is also bad luck. The Lions are a bad offense overall, no argument there, but they aren't going to have 3 turnovers inside the 10 every week. 

Appreciate the work.

I have Higbee and Schultz rostered, and I expect Higbee to be riding the pine in week 5.

So Jamaal Williams goes DOWN in rankings because he led the Lions in rushing this week and the coach said the lead back will based on defensive matchups? 

I have no clue how Swift went up and Williams went down after last week.

So Jamaal Williams goes DOWN in rankings because he led the Lions in rushing this week and the coach said the lead back will based on defensive matchups? 

I have no clue how Swift went up and Williams went down after last week.
Williams fell because I wanted to put other guys above him. Elijah Mitchell is expected back and is my RB of choice in SF, Patterson needed to be on the list, and Murray seems to have moved into the RB1 role in Baltimore. Those 3 being added left no room for Williams. 

I don't buy Campbell's coach speak for a second either. I fully expect Swift's role to only get bigger as the season progresses. I think Williams having more rushing attempts last week is just noise. Swift had more carries in every other game this season.

I guess Swift will be my guy to defend this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 straight 100+ games, TDs in each? this feels low. 

Edmonds has been a quality back. Tbis also feels light. 
CEH's workload has gone down every week, and receiving TD's aren't as bankable as rushing TD's. He looks like a sell high to me. 

I love Edmonds, but his value is only so high with Conner taking all the short yardage work, and about 50% of the carries. Edmonds is a better runner than Conner, but they seem keen on not changing that up, perhaps they believe Edmonds would wear down in a larger role, and perhaps Edmonds would be used more in closer games, but there isn't any evidence to prove that beyond wishful thinking. Scoring system matters a lot there too. In full PPR, Edmonds is maybe a top-15 guy, in standard he's probably 25th or so. I'm splitting the difference there. 

Both guys fell, because I wanted to move Josh Jacobs and Damien Harris up, as Jacobs stopped being pulled in passing situations, and NE's offense just seems like its on the rise, and Harris, while still sharing work, seemed to be taking a bigger piece of the pie with James White out.

Both guys fell, because I wanted to move Josh Jacobs and Damien Harris up, as Jacobs stopped being pulled in passing situations, and NE's offense just seems like its on the rise, and Harris, while still sharing work, seemed to be taking a bigger piece of the pie with James White out.
Seems odd to move Jacobs up after one mediocre game (13/40, 5/17), while bumping down two guys who have strung together really good games. 

I like Jacobs. I wouldn’t rank him higher than CEH or Edmonds right now. 

Harris had 1 good game - I don’t trust Hoodie to make that a pattern. I’d like to see him used like this consistently before I believe. 

But again, good effort at rankings. These are just the two I disagree with. 

Seems odd to move Jacobs up after one mediocre game (13/40, 5/17), while bumping down two guys who have strung together really good games. 

I like Jacobs. I wouldn’t rank him higher than CEH or Edmonds right now. 

Harris had 1 good game - I don’t trust Hoodie to make that a pattern. I’d like to see him used like this consistently before I believe. 

But again, good effort at rankings. These are just the two I disagree with. 
With Jacobs, its the usage. In his first game back off of missing 2 weeks, he was thrust into almost a bellcow role. Usage is often a better predictor of future value, than production is. 

Harris is more of a projection on my part, but I like him a lot as a buy low. 

Harris touches per game for NE: 25, 17, 8, 6.

YFS: 117, 64, 11, 27.
I feel 100% confident these last 2 weeks will be his 2 worst games of the season, and 27 yards was only 6 fewer than Zeke against TB. Are Taylor or Stevenson threats? Is Bolden beyond being a lesser(both by involvement and talent) version of White?

Harris is more game script dependent than most RB2s, but I see upside there. Like a lesser version of Antonio Gibson.

With Jacobs, its the usage. In his first game back off of missing 2 weeks, he was thrust into almost a bellcow role. Usage is often a better predictor of future value, than production is. 
I didn't see that. Barber was being used quite a bit, but sustained a foot injury. eTA, my bad, I guess it was Drake early, too. And in the 4th quarter Drake was in the backfield quite a bit. 13 carries & 5 receptions isn't exactly a bellcow. 

I agree it's nice to see him getting the receptions. It's also super weird that the Raiders paid Drake this much money to use him as the receiving back, only to not use him as a receiving back. Or much at all, really. 

Harris is more of a projection on my part, but I like him a lot as a buy low. 

I feel 100% confident these last 2 weeks will be his 2 worst games of the season, and 27 yards was only 6 fewer than Zeke against TB. Are Taylor or Stevenson threats? Is Bolden beyond being a lesser(both by involvement and talent) version of White?

Harris is more game script dependent than most RB2s, but I see upside there. Like a lesser version of Antonio Gibson.
NE has ranked 27th in points scored last year and this year and 27th and 26th in offensive yardage over that time. This week, two of their starting OL were placed on the COVID list and their OT is still out. 

Someone is going to take the touches that Harris is not scheduled to get. At this point, that’s Bolden. He’s holding down the fort until Stevenson or Taylor get their sea legs.

IMO, the same issues that applied to NE backs still apply here. Time share on a poor offense that doesn’t score very often is not a great scenario for fantasy success. 

Another week and more great lists.  I don’t have issue with the QB, WR, and TE lists but the RB list seems off.  Ekeler and Swift should be flipped.  Chubb is going to only gain vale as the season progresses and needs moved up.  Jacobs belongs where he was last week.  He isn’t healthy and his O line is awful.  

I didn't see that. Barber was being used quite a bit, but sustained a foot injury. And in the 4th quarter Drake was in the backfield quite a bit. 13 carries & 5 receptions isn't exactly a bellcow. 

I agree it's nice to see him getting the receptions. It's also super weird that the Raiders paid Drake this much money to use him as the receiving back, only to not use him as a receiving back. Or much at all, really. 
Barber played 1 play. Whether that was due to his foot injury or not is debatable. There were 20 RB touches for the Raiders in the game and 18 were Jacobs. 90% in his first game back from injury is huge in my opinion. 

It was strange they signed Drake in the first place. He's been in the league for 5 years and has a little over half a season of not looking replacement level. He returned kicks in this game, maybe that'll be a way they can get some usage out of him. He's never been a particularly great pass catcher, and he's a poor blocker. 

ETA: I remember in his time in Miami(across 2 coaching staffs no less, even if 1 was Gase) there was a lot of talk of Drake being a really lazy practice player. Last to show up, first to leave type, that soured coaches on him, even when he was outproducing the other RBs on a per touch basis. I do wonder if that cropped up again, because that is 100% something that would rub Gruden the wrong way, and could be an explanation as to why Barber flew right past him on the depth chart, despite only just signing.

I didn't see that. Barber was being used quite a bit, but sustained a foot injury. And in the 4th quarter Drake was in the backfield quite a bit. 13 carries & 5 receptions isn't exactly a bellcow. 

Huh? Didnt Barber get hurt on his opening kickoff return? And then played 1 play in the 2nd half.

Huh? Didnt Barber get hurt on his opening kickoff return? And then played 1 play in the 2nd half.
Oh, maybe it was Drake in there. My bad. 

I recall there was a period in the 1st quarter where Jacobs was on the sidelines, and they were saying he couldn't get loose like he had been in practice. 

Regardless, 13 carries isn't "bellcow" usage, was my point. 

IMO, the same issues that applied to NE backs still apply here. Time share on a poor offense that doesn’t score very often is not a great scenario for fantasy success. 
Agreed. It's very difficult to take any single game performance and project it out for the Pats. Hoodie will surely disappoint. 

Oh, maybe it was Drake in there. My bad. 

I recall there was a period in the 1st quarter where Jacobs was on the sidelines, and they were saying he couldn't get loose like he had been in practice. 

Regardless, 13 carries isn't "bellcow" usage, was my point. 
I mean they were down 21-0 at the half. Hes definitely the bellcow especially now with Barber hurt and Drake an afterthought

I love the thought and effort going into making these lists. I very much appreciate it.  A few things that I disagree with—but I also understand that everybody has different opinions. 

Swift is too high in my opinion.  On a team that probably won’t provide too many scoring opportunities—and he also happens to have a talented back in Jamal Williams playing behind him.  Let’s not forget that Williams is also capable of catching passes. 

Zach Moss is criminally low in my opinion.  High power offense with lots of scoring opportunities. While he does have a talented back in Singletary to share opportunities with—they are completely different backs with completely different styles. Much of the value of running backs in fantasy is td dependent and I trust Moss to get more td’s than Singletary. 

In regards to qbs—Mahomes should be number 1 imo. I have Mahomes in my redraft league—and I would not consider trading him away for the guys you have ahead of him—especially Lam Jack (who I’m a huge fan of).  While I like Josh Allen a lot—do you think that he’ll be playing meaningful football the last 2-3 weeks of the season when it could be the fantasy playoffs/finals? Look at the Bills division. 

I love the thought and effort going into making these lists. I very much appreciate it.  A few things that I disagree with—but I also understand that everybody has different opinions. 

Swift is too high in my opinion.  On a team that probably won’t provide too many scoring opportunities—and he also happens to have a talented back in Jamal Williams playing behind him.  Let’s not forget that Williams is also capable of catching passes. 

Zach Moss is criminally low in my opinion.  High power offense with lots of scoring opportunities. While he does have a talented back in Singletary to share opportunities with—they are completely different backs with completely different styles. Much of the value of running backs in fantasy is td dependent and I trust Moss to get more td’s than Singletary. 

In regards to qbs—Mahomes should be number 1 imo. I have Mahomes in my redraft league—and I would not consider trading him away for the guys you have ahead of him—especially Lam Jack (who I’m a huge fan of).  While I like Josh Allen a lot—do you think that he’ll be playing meaningful football the last 2-3 weeks of the season when it could be the fantasy playoffs/finals? Look at the Bills division. 
I get that things change and one game doesn't necessarily play out like the last one. But Moss has averaged 9 carries and a smidge over 1 reception per game since he entered the league. He might be seeing the ball slightly more now, but he has a career high of 14 carries. Singletary has averaged 11 carries and 2.5 receptions a game in his time in BUF. It does not appear that either guy is going to be "the guy" and get an extra large piece of the pie. Moss has gotten into the end zone at a much higher rate (averaging a TD a game this year) . . . but is that enough to keep him in the Top 30 RB? Hard to do averaging 10 touches a game.

I get that things change and one game doesn't necessarily play out like the last one. But Moss has averaged 9 carries and a smidge over 1 reception per game since he entered the league. He might be seeing the ball slightly more now, but he has a career high of 14 carries. Singletary has averaged 11 carries and 2.5 receptions a game in his time in BUF. It does not appear that either guy is going to be "the guy" and get an extra large piece of the pie. Moss has gotten into the end zone at a much higher rate (averaging a TD a game this year) . . . but is that enough to keep him in the Top 30 RB? Hard to do averaging 10 touches a game.
Fair points—but look at the trajectory of this season. He missed game 1. Game 2–8 carries and 2 targets, game 3-13 carries and 3 targets, game 4–14 carries and a target. Just seems to me that he’s a guy who is starting to get more touches than what his career averages indicate.  We’ll have to wait and see—but I might have to make a trade offer on him in my league if he can be had for relatively cheap. I think he’s a good bet to finish as a top 15-20 fantasy rb rest of season if he can stay healthy 

I like Moss, and he's a guy who could very well move up in due time. I think its a little soon though, because he is still in a pretty even timeshare. I also trust Moss more than Singletary, which is why Singletary is not ranked, but until he makes it clear he's the #1 guy, I can't see him in the top-24.

If I were ranking QBs by how consistent they were, and how high their floor is. Mahomes would be #1. The issue is, unless he starts running consistently, or Josh Gordon becomes a legit threat as the #3 target, he won't have the upside of the top-3 guys, who all bring a huge advantage with their legs. I do think Josh Allen will be playing meaningful football the last 2-3 weeks. Even if they win the division with ease, they are gonna be in a fight for the bye week.

I like Moss, and he's a guy who could very well move up in due time. I think its a little soon though, because he is still in a pretty even timeshare. I also trust Moss more than Singletary, which is why Singletary is not ranked, but until he makes it clear he's the #1 guy, I can't see him in the top-24.

Very reasonable. If his touches stay at (or above) 15 per week, though, he'll be a solid RB2 all year.

Scary Terry is too low. He's top 7 in PPR leagues and I think will only get better as Heinkee either continues to improve or when FItzmagic comes back. 
I like McLaurin's talent a ton, but until he plays well, or perhaps more accurately, until his QB plays well, against a decent defense, I struggle to put McLaurin in the top-10. 

I've got McLaurin in dynasty, so I'd love to see him do it, but I don't have the same trust yet, that I do in say a Ridley or Hopkins, even though they haven't had the production McLaurin has so far.

Another week and more great lists.  I don’t have issue with the QB, WR, and TE lists but the RB list seems off.  Ekeler and Swift should be flipped.  Chubb is going to only gain vale as the season progresses and needs moved up.  Jacobs belongs where he was last week.  He isn’t healthy and his O line is awful.  
Chubb is a really hard guy to rank for me. I want to have him higher based on his talent alone(and did last week) but its seeming less and less like Hunt is an oft used 3rd down back, and more and more like a 60-40 RBBC, where Chubb also doesn't get the receptions, and shares the GL work. He's still the Browns RB I'd prefer, but I don't think he's likely to hit his ceiling unless Hunt goes down, or the Browns score 30+ points every week.

I mean they were down 21-0 at the half. Hes definitely the bellcow especially now with Barber hurt and Drake an afterthought
I'm not sure that ranks him above Chase & CEH though. 

I'm a bigtime Jacobs guy - I think he's one of the best in the NFL. But the Raiders OL struggled badly, and he's still not 100% healthy. Chase & CEH seem to be doing quite a bit more, and in seemingly more explosive offenses. 

Time will tell, of course. 

Chubb is a really hard guy to rank for me. I want to have him higher based on his talent alone(and did last week) but its seeming less and less like Hunt is an oft used 3rd down back, and more and more like a 60-40 RBBC, where Chubb also doesn't get the receptions, and shares the GL work. He's still the Browns RB I'd prefer, but I don't think he's likely to hit his ceiling unless Hunt goes down, or the Browns score 30+ points every week.
I agree with this. I said before the season, if something happened to Hunt, Chubb would be the RB1 and maybe the #1 overall FF player. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I suspect Fitzmagic has been Wally Pipp'd at this point. 
Its probably moot as Fitzpatrick's injury sounded potentially season ending anyway, but I don't think Heinicke has done anything to say the job is absolutely his. He's mostly looked like a capable backup should. 

Its probably moot as Fitzpatrick's injury sounded potentially season ending anyway, but I don't think Heinicke has done anything to say the job is absolutely his. He's mostly looked like a capable backup should. 
I disagree here.  He's looked poised and capable beyond his experience, and more to the point, he's the future of the franchise.

So even if he's exactly replacement level (and I believe his ability to run gives him another dimension over what Fitzmagic can do, making him better than Fitz already) why would they possibly play Fitz rather than give Heineken as much in-game experience as they possibly could? 

It wouldn't make any sense to go back to Fitz, since Fitz clearly isn't the QB of the future & WFT needs to see as much from Heineken as possible to determine if he is the QB of the future, right? 

Going back to Fitzmagic at this point would be madness. 

I disagree here.  He's looked poised and capable beyond his experience, and more to the point, he's the future of the franchise.

So even if he's exactly replacement level (and I believe his ability to run gives him another dimension over what Fitzmagic can do, making him better than Fitz already) why would they possibly play Fitz rather than give Heineken as much in-game experience as they possibly could? 

It wouldn't make any sense to go back to Fitz, since Fitz clearly isn't the QB of the future & WFT needs to see as much from Heineken as possible to determine if he is the QB of the future, right? 

Going back to Fitzmagic at this point would be madness. 
Yeah, we agree/disagree a bit here. I do agree there is no point in going to Fitzpatrick(even if he were able) at the moment, but I don't think Heinicke has shown enough to say he's part of any future plans beyond being a backup, without playing better than he is right now, and its possible if he starts to play worse that Fitzpatrick(if and when he is healthy) could be reinserted in the lineup. 

I doubt Washington's 2022 starter is currently on the roster. 

Yeah, we agree/disagree a bit here. I do agree there is no point in going to Fitzpatrick(even if he were able) at the moment, but I don't think Heinicke has shown enough to say he's part of any future plans beyond being a backup, without playing better than he is right now, and its possible if he starts to play worse that Fitzpatrick(if and when he is healthy) could be reinserted in the lineup. 

I doubt Washington's 2022 starter is currently on the roster. 
Actually, we agree then. I said he's looked good, and WFT will need to see him play out this season to determine if he's the QB of the future, so we're 100% in alignment there. 

I don't buy Campbell's coach speak for a second either. I fully expect Swift's role to only get bigger as the season progresses. I think Williams having more rushing attempts last week is just noise. Swift had more carries in every other game this season.

I guess Swift will be my guy to defend this week.
😧

Users who are viewing this thread