What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My positional rankings from week 7 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
I added a little more commentary than normal, and bolded/unbolded tiers.

QB:
1. Josh Allen(1)
2. Kyler Murray(2)
3. Lamar Jackson(3)
4. Patrick Mahomes(4)
5. Tom Brady(5)
6. Jalen Hurts(6)
7. Justin Herbert(7)
8. Matthew Stafford(10)...scary thing is, he's really not even playing that well, he's left a lot on the table.
9. Dak Prescott(8)
10. Aaron Rodgers(9)
11. Joe Burrow(13)...he's been lights out since the Bears INT fest. 
12. Kirk Cousins(NR)
13. Sam Darnold(11)
14. Derek Carr(NR)
15. Daniel Jones(15)

Dropped out: Ryan Tannehill(a change in redzone playcalling, and he'll be back in the top-15), Trey Lance

RB:
1. Derrick Henry(2)
2. Austin Ekeler(3)
3. Dalvin Cook(4)
4. Ezekiel Elliott(5)
5. Aaron Jones(6)
6. Najee Harris(8)
7. Christian McCaffrey(1)...can't go lower when he could be back in week 9. Nervous he may not be though.
8. D'Andre Swift(7)
9. Jonathan Taylor(15)
10. Darrell Henderson(14)
11. Nick Chubb(11)
12. James Robinson(13)
13. Alvin Kamara(9)
14. Joe Mixon(12)
15. Saquon Barkley(10)...no idea about timetable, so being cautious. He's top-8 the second he's back.

16. Leonard Fournette(22)
17. Antonio Gibson(17)
18. Damien Harris(19)
19. Darrell Williams(25)...I think there is a very real possibility that CEH doesn't get his starting job back. 60-40 perhaps?
20. Josh Jacobs(20)
21. Zach Moss(23)
22. Elijah Mitchell(26)

23. Cordarrelle Patterson(28)...28th at WR
24. Mike Davis(27)
25. James Conner(NR)...Cardinals seem to be moving back to their 2020 RB usage a little bit. 
26. Tony Pollard(NR)
27. Miles Sanders(29)
28. Damien Williams(24)...Could see a RBBC even when Montgomery comes back. 
29. Khalil Herbert(NR)...Possibly a 3-man RBBC.

30. Kareem Hunt(16)
Dropped out: Chris Carson, Chase Edmonds, Nyheim Hines

Last edited by a moderator:
WR:
1. Davante Adams(1)
2. Tyreek Hill(2)
3. Stefon Diggs(3)

4. Justin Jefferson(4)
5. Cooper Kupp(6)
6. DJ Moore(5)

7. Calvin Ridley(7)
8. DeAndre Hopkins(8)
9. Deebo Samuel(11)
10. Mike Williams(12)
11. Diontae Johnson(19)...basically DJ Moore with more durability concerns.
12. Keenan Allen(10)
13. Ja'Marr Chase(20)...He's earned the move up a ton. Only Boldin has more receiving yards in first 6 weeks of career.
14. Hollywood Brown(26)...I was being way too stubborn about prior production
15. CeeDee Lamb(15)
16. DK Metcalf(13)...Wilson can't get back soon enough.
17. Mike Evans(16)
18. Amari Cooper(17)
19. Terry McLaurin(9)...when is Fitzmagic back again?
20. Chris Godwin(18)
21. AJ Brown(14)...could move up a ton, but Henry is 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option in the redzone.

22. Antonio Brown(33)
23. Adam Thielen(21)
24. Tyler Lockett(23)
25. Robert Woods(22)
26. Brandin Cooks(24)
27. DeVonta Smith(25)...betting on usage here. One of these weeks he's gonna blow up in pass heavy offense.
28. Emmanuel Sanders(32)
29. Courtland Sutton(28)
30. Chase Claypool(30)
31. Sterling Shepard(31)
32. Tee Higgins(29)
33. Jerry Jeudy(NR)
34. Odell Beckham(27)

35. Marvin Jones(37)
36. Michael Pittman(NR)...Hilton concerns are real, but Wentz is way better than expected. 
37. Jaylen Waddle(NR)
38. Kadarius Toney(34)
39. Laviska Shenault(38)
40. Corey Davis(39)
Dropped out: Julio Jones, Kenny Golladay, Tyler Boyd

TE:
1. Travis Kelce(1)
2. Darren Waller(2)...not going to move him down yet, but was/am worried that losing Gruden really hurts him specifically.  
3. Mark Andrews(4)
4. TJ Hockenson(5)
5. Kyle Pitts(6)
6. Dallas Goedert(13)...well, this is what we've all been waiting for. 
7. George Kittle(3)

8. Rob Gronkowski(10)
9. Dawson Knox(11)
10. Noah Fant(8)...higher until Jeudy is back, then lots of mouths to feed a small pie.
11. Logan Thomas(7)
12. Mike Gesicki(9)
13. Tyler Higbee(12)
14. Hunter Henry(14)
15. Jared Cook(15)
Dropped out: None

I’m assuming this is strictly fantasy points based?  Obviously with garbage points factoring heavy.

I own DJ Moore, I love him. I have great rbs in a dynasty and he's my best wr and Darnold scares the crap out of me. He's been brutal the last 3 weeks. On the positive side he's the only one other than CMC that demands targets at all but still I'd move him down 10ish spots. Looking quite solid otherwise. 

I think everyone undervalues Sutton.  Follow the targets. Enjoy garbage points in many games.  Jeudy opens up his game even more. I’d snuggle him right under Antonio Brown.
I can't get that week 1 out of my head. I know Sutton wasn't really a factor that week, but the ease Jeudy got open and how risk averse Teddy typically is(until forced) makes me think Denver's passing game is going to be a whack a mole starting next week(Fant included), and unlike say Tampa Bay, its not out of a 350 yard, 3 TD pie almost every week.

I own DJ Moore, I love him. I have great rbs in a dynasty and he's my best wr and Darnold scares the crap out of me. He's been brutal the last 3 weeks. On the positive side he's the only one other than CMC that demands targets at all but still I'd move him down 10ish spots. Looking quite solid otherwise. 
I see what you are saying, but I kind of look at it the other way, where if the QB play was better, we'd be talking about Moore up there with Hill and Diggs. 

Moore is on pace for 179 targets, 113 catches, 1,454 yards and 9 TDs. I'd be surprised if he fell short of any of those numbers right now, and the TDs feel like they could go up. He's just missed on a handful on deep balls, which granted is part of what you are saying about Darnold, but I doubt he stops getting those chances. 

Over and over  Gesicki feels undervalued everywhere.
Biggest issue with Gesicki(and Waddle to a lesser extent) is Parker has been out, and so has Fuller. They are both recent difference makers. Its hard for me to see Gesicki getting the targets he's been getting all season. He's somewhat similar to Fant in that regard for me.

Poor Kamara ... drops 4 spots being on a bye.

Love the lists and very well done.
I own Kamara so I saw this too and frowned. But hard to argue being able to see the results of some of these guys and move them up.

I would NOT have Chubb above him though, with his soft tissue injury, the browns in disarray, and him now missing two games. 

I own Kamara so I saw this too and frowned. But hard to argue being able to see the results of some of these guys and move them up.

I would NOT have Chubb above him though, with his soft tissue injury, the browns in disarray, and him now missing two games. 
With Chubb, its weighing his current injury, with the fact that he likely won't have Hunt to deal with for a couple weeks at least. 

Part of me feels kinda gross putting Henderson above Kamara(and even Mixon) but it feels warranted like you said.

Biggest issue with Gesicki(and Waddle to a lesser extent) is Parker has been out, and so has Fuller. They are both recent difference makers. Its hard for me to see Gesicki getting the targets he's been getting all season. He's somewhat similar to Fant in that regard for me.
Oh...I get that for sure.  Just think they are always at the end of the lists...yet they put up good points pretty regularly, and did so down the stretch last year.  Gesicki was very good last year.  Im happy to have both at the moment as I had been streaming TEs and nobody seemed to want Gesicki and dropped Fant for Knox around week 3 or 5 after a so so week.  I was rolling with Tonyan and his few targets and grabbed Fant and then Gesicki later.  We can actually play 2 TEs...normally wouldn't, but if Fant goes this week, I may be due to bye week for Jordan Jefferson and injuries to Carson and Barkley.

And I didn't want to aim it at you...I enjoy these weekly rankings and its cool you put it all out there.  Just see Gesicki typically lower than his actual prodcution.

Great list.  Matt Ryan may break into the list next week.  He has some nice matchups over the next few weeks.  

Oh...I get that for sure.  Just think they are always at the end of the lists...yet they put up good points pretty regularly, and did so down the stretch last year.  Gesicki was very good last year.  Im happy to have both at the moment as I had been streaming TEs and nobody seemed to want Gesicki and dropped Fant for Knox around week 3 or 5 after a so so week.  I was rolling with Tonyan and his few targets and grabbed Fant and then Gesicki later.  We can actually play 2 TEs...normally wouldn't, but if Fant goes this week, I may be due to bye week for Jordan Jefferson and injuries to Carson and Barkley.

And I didn't want to aim it at you...I enjoy these weekly rankings and its cool you put it all out there.  Just see Gesicki typically lower than his actual prodcution.
Gesicki did a little better with Tua than with Fitzpatrick in 2020. His short & intermediate  patterns are in Tua's wheel house. But, some of this is explained by Parker's absence in 3 of the last 4 games in 2020, ditto for games 5 & 6 in 2021. Most Miami fans want Gesicki extended in 2022 and Parker cut, because of his injury history. I think Gesicki has missed only 1 game due to injury.

Gesicki did a little better with Tua than with Fitzpatrick in 2020. His short & intermediate  patterns are in Tua's wheel house. But, some of this is explained by Parker's absence in 3 of the last 4 games in 2020, ditto for games 5 & 6 in 2021. Most Miami fans want Gesicki extended in 2022 and Parker cut, because of his injury history. I think Gesicki has missed only 1 game due to injury.
Right...and why I don't discount him due to Fuller and Parker being out...because, well, when are they not out?  I value Gesicki because he is pretty reliable as being available.

Great list.  Matt Ryan may break into the list next week.  He has some nice matchups over the next few weeks.  
I only go to 15, but Ryan was in the mix for sure. Like 17th or so, so yeah, he's basically another week of quality production and Ridley/Pitts playing well together away. 

Right...and why I don't discount him due to Fuller and Parker being out...because, well, when are they not out?  I value Gesicki because he is pretty reliable as being available.
Just mentioning Fuller and Parker's names added another week on IR. Those two are just so fragile.

Id put Swift after all these guys. I own Swift. If I was offered any of those straight up for him Id accept in a heartbeat.

9. Jonathan Taylor(15)
10. Darrell Henderson(14)
11. Nick Chubb(11)
12. James Robinson(13)
13. Alvin Kamara(9)
14. Joe Mixon(12)

Users who are viewing this thread