What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My post FA 3 round mock draft (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
I tried to limit the amount of trades, and make them make sense for both sides. I also tried not to be too much like the consensus, while still balancing some realism. I apologize in advance to fantasy owners as most of the RB's landed in RBBC spots. Without any further ado:

1.       Cin=Joe Burrow QB LSU, what really needs to be said at this point. Burrow is coming off the best season in college football history, and is a no-brainer. I do think it doesn’t hurt to keep Dalton around for a year as a sounding board.

2.       Mia=Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama, I think this trade happens with Washington, but I think it goes very differently than most do. I think Miami keeps both the 18 and 25 picks. If I’m Washington, I’m much more interested in Miami’s #1 next year. So, the 5 and Miami’s 1 in 2021 for the 2. As for Tua, every report about his health has been positive, and even if he needs some extra rehab time, they can still start the year with Fitzmagic.

3.       Det=Chase Young EDGE OSU, the Lions can turn this card in with 9:57 left on the clock. Sneaky good defense building in Detroit with Collins, Shelton, and Harmon from NE, and Trufant from Atlanta.

4.       NYG=Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson, I see a lot of OT or even WR here, but I think Simmons is the call here. There is simply nobody else like him in the draft. Adding him to Blake Martinez, and the Giants LB’s are vastly improved.

5.       Was=Mehki Becton OT Louisville, this is absolutely not who I would take, but it is the biggest position of need. They can’t count on having Trent Williams, and it does Haskins and the entire offense a disservice to not upgrade the o-line. I think this a new staff shooting for the stars pick, and hoping they can mold a freakish athlete into a top OT.

6.       LAC=Jeffrey Okudah CB OSU, the path to making waves in the AFC, especially the West, is stopping, or at least slowing Pat Mahomes. Adding Okudah to Hayward and Harris gives LA easily the best CB group in the NFL, plus they have James and King(there is talk he’ll move back to his college position of FS) ant Safety, with last year’s #2 Adderley and a solid #4 CB in Michael Davis. That is a secondary that runs 7 deep, combined with a strong pass rush. 

7.       Car=Derrick Brown DI Auburn, it’s tough to mock a team that has an all new staff with no NFL pedigree to work off of. That said Hurney is still the GM, so I expect safer, low risk picks. Hence Brown, who is about as close to a sure thing as it gets, albeit one who likely doesn’t have game changing upside.

8.       Ari=Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa, giving Kyler Murray help is clearly priority #1. Adding Hopkins solved the weapons problem, and adding Wirfs will help solve the blocking problem. The question is where he plays. In theory RT is a natural fit, but I wonder since Gilbert is still there, if Wirfs could start at G, to have the top-5 OL on the field?

9.       NE=Justin Herbert QB Oregon, the Patriots are in a tough spot. They can’t seriously go into the season with Stidham and Hoyer and expect to contend. Their non-QB moves suggest they aren’t rebuilding, and they don’t have the cap room for a veteran starter like Cam or Winston. They could shed a guy like Hightower to afford one of those guys, or they can get a guy on a rookie deal. Belichick in recent years has expressed his opinion on how valuable a mobile QB is, and I think Herbert fits the bill. The Patriots give up the 23 and a 2021 #1 for the 9 pick.

10.   Cle=Andrew Thomas OT Georgia, don’t overthink it Cleveland. The last OT named Thomas worked out great, and while Andrew isn’t in Joe’s league, he’s the safest bet among OT’s in this class in my opinion.

11.   NYJ=Jedrick Wills OT Alabama, the Jets o-line needed a lot of help this off season. Adding McGovern was a solid move, Fant not so much. I see a lot of people saying Wills is a RT in the NFL, and I don’t know why they think that at all. He was opposite a #1 pick in Jonah Williams in 2018, and RT was the QB’s blindside at Alabama anyway.

12.   LV=CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma, I think Lamb is a better fit for the Raiders than Jeudy, even if I prefer Jeudy in a vacuum. I think Lamb’s superior RAC is a better fir for Carr’s game, and Gruden’s playcalling.

13.   SF=Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama, the more I think about the Buckner deal the more I like it. That turns into downright love if Jeudy is here. A guy like that with all the misdirection in the 49ers offense could be scary.

14.   TB=Henry Ruggs WR Alabama, the #1 goal for the Bucs should be making Tom Brady’s job easier. If a top OT falls here, great, but if not, I think Ruggs makes a ton of sense. How do you cover all of Tampa’s weapons? Also, Chris Godwin is in a contract year, and with Mike Evans already paid, how much money will they want to allocate to the WR position?

15.   Den=CJ Henderson CB Florida, if a top-3 WR were here I’d consider him, but I think the CB dropoff is bigger than the remaining WR dropoff to Denver’s #2 pick. The Broncos are currently counting on AJ Bouye and Bryce Callahan as their top-2 CB’s, and while both are good players, neither has been super healthy lately. If they can stay upright and they draft Henderson, the Broncos could have a sneaky good secondary, which again, should be a major priority for all AFC West teams.

16.   Atl=Kristian Fulton CB LSU, I actually like Fulton more than Henderson, but think Denver will prefer the speedier guy, as they don’t have a guy like that. Great news for Atlanta, who might have the worst CB trio in the NFL right now. Isaiah Oliver is their #1 CB, and he’s been a replacement level player to date.

17.   Dal=Xavier McKinney S Alabama, this isn’t really a big need or anything. Xavier Woods and Ha Ha are a solid Safety duo, but neither has McKinney’s talent. McKinney has played all over both deep and box, as well as slot, and even some LB. He’s a moveable chess piece that the other guys simply are not.

18.   Mia=Josh Jones OT Houston, step one in helping your new franchise QB is giving him protection. PFF rated Jones as the #1 pass blocker among OT’s in this class, and while that was against lower competition, he’s easily the best OL left on the board and a massive upgrade from last year’s dumpster fire.

19.   LV=Jaylon Johnson CB Utah, this will probably seem high to some people, this fills a huge need, and is exactly the type of player DC Paul Guenther prefers at CB. It also has the benefit of getting Nevin Lawson off the field, so bonus.

20.   Jac=Javon Kinlaw DI South Carolina, this is a steal for the Jags, but other than maybe Tampa, I’m not seeing a spot for him before this. This might have been the Jags pick had they stayed at 9, so trading down is a success. The Jags have a young talented front six.

21.   Phi=Justin Jefferson WR LSU, while I think Eagles fans might prefer more of a deep ball weapon, Jefferson makes more sense as a high usage slot WR. I find the Michael Thomas comps to be silly, but a faster Cooper Kupp is reasonable. Jefferson’s excellent hands, will be a welcome change from Nelson Agholor.

22.   Min=Jalen Reagor WR TCU, part of me wants to not go WR here, but I think Reagor is such a perfect fit, as a field stretcher and RAC guy. I’m expecting a ton of 2-TE sets for the Vikings, so having the extra speed at WR will really help. Reagor has also dealt with some just awful QB play, so I doubt he’ll have a single complaint about Cousins.

23.   Jac=AJ Terrell CB Clemson, the Jags have let both Jalen Ramsey and AJ Bouye go, and replaced neither. It seemed like 2 months ago Terrell wouldn’t be a round 1 pick after getting torched in the NCAA title game, but time has made his overall body of work stand out more than 1 bad game. The trade for this pick gives the Jags 3 round 1 picks next year, so get ready for the tank for Trevor, or failing for Fields talk.

24.   NO=Jordan Love QB Utah St, the Saints are truly a team that can go BPA all they want. I think Love is a very high upside, very low floor player, but getting paired with Payton and learning from Brees can only increase his odds of panning out. I don’t buy the Taysom Hill as QB of the future talk at all.

25.   Min=Marlon Davidson DI Auburn, the Vikings lost both Linval Joseph and Everson Griffin(probably) this offseason, and while each player had seen better days, that is still a pretty big exodus. Michael Pierce was a nice, albeit expensive pickup, and pairing him with a player of Davidson’s talents can help restore the luster to the Vikings D-line.

26.   Mia=Grant Delpit S LSU, after spending all that money at CB, Miami would be wise to address  a weak Safety position next. Delpit is extremely rangy and is a playmaker. Tackling issues are the only thing putting him behind McKinney in my eyes.

27.   Sea=K’Lavon Chaisson EDGE LSU, many think he’ll go higher than this, but I’m not sure. He’s a somewhat similar prospect to Montez Sweat last year, and he fell in a lot of people’s eyes last year as well. Chaisson has some very high-end play, but also disappears for very long stretches. He’s pretty raw still, and needs strong coaching. Pete Carroll is a great fit for him.

28.   Bal=Patrick Queen LB LSU, the Ravens are one of two teams who have to have a sour taste in their mouths because they lost because the defense simply couldn’t get off the field in the playoffs. Queen is extremely fast, and gives them a replacement for CJ Mosely, whom they never really replaced a year ago.

29.   Ten=Austin Jackson OT USC, a very young player, and slight project. I think he can be the heir apparent to Jack Conklin. Dennis Kelly is a nice bridge, but ultimately probably not a long term starter. Keeping an elite o-line is a big key to the Titans continued success.

30.   GB=Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma, like the Ravens, not being able to get a stop basically ended the Packers season. Then their best LB left in FA, only to be replaced by a guy who has done nothing for years. They can’t seriously go in with Kirksey and Burks starting. That would be the worst LB combo in the NFC. Enter the extremely explosive Murray.

31.   SF=Cesar Ruiz IOL Michigan, the 49ers are in great shape at OT(for now) but the interior could be upgraded. Ruiz can play anywhere on the inside and has very good athleticism for an OL, which is a key to being a Shanahan guy.

32.   KC=Willie Gay LB Miss St, this pick is likely out of nowhere. Gay destroyed the combine, he was right there with Isaiah Simmons. He’s also been great in coverage. His downside is he had an off field issue, and is somewhat inexperienced. The Chiefs very much won the SB despite having the worst starting LB’s in the NFL. I’m not sure there is currently a worse contract than the Anthony Hitchens one at any position right now. I think KC is bold, and attacks a huge need with an unconventional pick.

33.   Cin=Ezra Cleveland OT Boise St, much like Miami, the best way to help you r new franchise QB, is to help protect him. Cleveland is an excellent athlete for the position, and has been very consistent, albeit at a lesser school. Adding him and the returning Jonah Williams and the Bengals might have their most promising OT combo in almost 20 years.

34.   Ind=Denzel Mims WR Baylor, I think the Baylor WR stigma keeps him out of round 1. The Colts could use a contested catch WR, and Mims fits Rivers style.

35.   Det=Jeff Gladney CB TCU, the Lions secondary makeover continues. This is a downright good unit at this point. Dare I say the best in the NFC North.

36.   NYG=AJ Epenesa EDGE Iowa, shouldn’t fall this far just because of a bad combine, but seems like he will. The Giants need any kind of pass rusher, and don’t really care if he’s not explosive, just that he is productive, which he should be.

37.   LAC=Ben Bartch OT St.John’s, was the OL standout of Senior Bowl week, and fills a need opposite new signing Bulaga. I think the Chargers are going to look a lot different as a defense and running game team this year.

38.   Car=Trevon Diggs CB Alabama, has size and bloodlines on his side. That said, he’s still pretty new to CB. Still, the Panthers lost their best CB, and current #1 is Dante Jackson, so Diggs fills a sizeable hole.

39.   Mia=Michael Pittman WR USC, more help for Tua. Pittman is a guy I think is very underrated. I see a lot of Kenny Golladay to his game. If Parker’s breakout is for real this could be a very solid 1-2 punch going forward.

40.   Hou=Davon Hamilton DI OSU, the once elite DL is a shell of its former self, as only JJ Watt remains. Hamilton isn’t an elite player, but he’s certainly better than what they are currently trotting out there.

41.   Cle=Tee Higgins WR Clemson, helping Baker Mayfield is priority #1. After adding Conklin and Thomas at OT, adding Higgins to Beckham and Landry, should make it almost a fail proof offense. Higgins is more explosive than he gets credit for, and a bad offseason is the only reason he’s not a round 1 pick.

42.   Jac=Kyle Dugger S Lenoir-Rhyne, a rangy, hard hitting Safety. The Jags continue to rebuild their once great secondary.

43.   Chi=Antoine Winfield S Minnesota, in the last 2 offseasons, the Bears have lost Adrian Amos, Bryce Callahan, Prince Amukamara and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. That is a lot of talent that has walked out the door, and the talent that has walked in is stretching the definition of the word talent. Winfield fills a huge need opposite Eddie Jackson, who needs good players around him, so he can freelance like he did in 2018 when he looked like the league’s biggest playmaking DB.

44.   Ind=D’Andre Swift RB Georgia, 3 years in, I think it’s apparent Marlon Mack is simply just a decent RB. Swift is at least as good a runner, and a far superior pass catcher, which is a very important piece of a Rivers passing game.

45.   TB=Neville Gallimore DI Oklahoma, Gallimore is a physical freak who is still a bit unrefined. Putting him on a line with JPP and Suh will give him2 solid vets to learn from, and give the Bucs a pretty deep DL rotation.

46.   Den=Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona St, the plan to wait until round 2 to take a WR is a success, as Aiyuk is a perfect compliment to Sutton out wide. If Drew Lock is truly the answer at QB, this is a sneaky team. I wonder if they could get a veteran backup plan at QB? Cam is probably too expensive/prideful, but maybe Winston?

47.   Atl=Zack Baun LB Wisconsin, Baun was more of an edge rusher for the Badgers, but has all the required athleticism to move to LB. The Falcons are seemingly always in need of a LB opposite Deion Jones.

48.   NYJ=Laviska Shenault WR Colorado, the round 2 gambit pays off for the Jets too. Shenault is the best RAC WR in this class, he just has to shake the injury bug, which might be easier said than done given his style. This feels a lot like Deebo Samuel a year ago, where I doubt he hits the ground running, but could be the #1 by year’s end.

49.   Pit=Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE Penn St, I think YGM falls a bit. He’s got great size, but still needs a lot of work. Bud Dupree had a nice contract year push, but the Steelers wisely didn’t sign him long term, and YGM could be his replacement as soon as 2021.

50.   Chi=Damien Lewis IOL LSU, this is a very high floor pick. Lewis is a great run blocker with good enough pass blocking skills, and fills a hole the Bears have refused to admit they’ve had for about 3 years as Kyle Long had, well, long been a shell of his former self.

51.   Dal=Noah Igbinoghene CB Auburn, a toolsy replacement for Byron Jones, even down to the lack of INT’s. Dallas has a lot of DB’s in contract years this year, so I don’t think starting S-CB in the top 2 rounds is out of the question at all.

52.   LAR=Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech, Micah Kiser and Kenny Young are currently the Rams starting LB’s. Not great Bob! Brooks has some coverage questions, but is an elite run defender, and has all the speed needed to be a good cover guy, just needs the experience.

53.   Phi=Akeem Davis-Gaither LB Appalachian St, another team that has major LB questions. TJ Edwards was a good player at Wisconsin, and showed some signs of a potential starter, but Nathan Gerry is not who you want starting. ADG was used in many ways at his tiny college both as a LB and EDGE rusher despite being undersized for both. That said, if he can bulk up and not lose much quickness, he’s got a very high ceiling at LB.

54.   Buf=Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin, this has less to do with Devin Singletary and more to do with how Buffalo wants to play. What Taylor brings to the table as a runner adds a dimension to the Bills offense that Singletary simply doesn’t have. Meanwhile, Singletary can compliment Taylor as a COP RB and pass catching RB. Sucks somewhat for fantasy, great for Buffalo. Think Chubb/Hunt.

55.   Bal=Lloyd Cushenberry IOL LSU, can always use another body up front, especially now that Marshall Yanda retired. Cushenberry was one of the few LSU players who actually had a bit of a down year last year, as by all account he was better in 2018. Still the Ravens can afford to be patient.

56.   Mia=KJ Hamler WR Penn St, Hamler brings a missing speed element to the Parker/Pittman combo. I think Miami would be making a mistake to count on Preston Williams, coming off a late season knee injury, and with an extensive off field history, he’s a bonus, not a building block. Nice little passing game developing here. Hamler could also return kicks, if you want to bring him along slow, as Albert Wilson is still there too.

57.   LAR=Terrell Lewis EDGE Alabama, I agreed with them letting Fowler walk, as he wanted way too much money, but then turning around and signing Floyd was a head scratcher. Lewis  is a nice prospect who hasn’t really developed much as a player. He’s won pretty consistently just by being more athletic. If he learns some moves, this could be a big steal.

58.   Min=Bryce Hall CB Virginia, perfect fit for Mike Zimmer’s defense. He excels most in one coverage, and excels at diagnosing routes before they happen. Missed much of 2019 with injuries, but should have no trouble beating out Holton Hill. The Vikes have also cleared a decent amount of cap room, and I wonder if they may make a play for a veteran CB like Logan Ryan.

59.   Sea=Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia, Wilson is a mountain of a man, who may or may not end up kicking inside. Seattle is always looking for OL upgrades.

60.   Bal=Julian Okwara EDGE Notre Dame, he seems to get mocked here a lot, and it’s easy to see why. Okwara is another toolsy, but raw edge rusher who could explode with proper coaching. Okwara also excels on stunts, which the Ravens run more frequently than anyone.

61.   Ten=Ross Blacklock DI TCU, this is a replacement for the Jurrell Casey salary dump. Blacklock probably isn’t the pass rusher Casey was, but he can certainly defend the run.

62.   GB=Justin Madubuike DI Texas A&M, I know Packer fans will likely be pissed not taking a WR in round 1 or 2, but it’s simply not as big of a need. Especially after the highly underrated signing of Devin Funchess. Madubuike gives Green Bay another interior player to help in the run game. I wish they’d move Rashan Gary inside, where I always thought he was better at Michigan, but since that seems unlikely, they need to improve on Dean Lowry.

63.   KC=Netane Muti IOL Fresno St, the Chiefs interior is solid across the board but has no real standouts, unlike their Tackles, Muti could change that. His high end reminds of Quentin Nelson, but whenever he started to get on a roll, he’d get hurt. Still he and his 44 bench reps, have a tremendous upside.

64.   Sea=Bryan Edwards WR South Carolina, I’m not a big fan of Edwards, but I think the NFL likes him. He’ll add another big outisde target for Russell Wilson, which allows Tyler Lockett to stay in the slot. I think Seattle is very interested in adding a WR, after trying with Josh Gordon, and sniffing around Antonio Brown.

65.   Cin=Troy Dye LB Oregon, very solid coverage LB, even with a cast of his arm. Dye is a rare 4 year starter, and upgrades the Bengals weakest defensive position.

66.   Was=Ashtyn Davis S Cal, very athletic player, capable of playing deep safety or slot corner. I think he’d compliment Landon Collins perfectly.

67.   Det=Jordan Elliott DI Missouri, very underrated player, who outproduced both Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw in then SEC last year, of course they are both more athletic than Elliott, hence why they are round 1 and not round 3. The Lions lost Snacks Harrison, Mike Daniels(probably) and A’Shawn Robinson off last year’s DL,and added just Danny Shelton.

68.   NYJ=Damon Arnette CB OSU, another defender who played with a cast of his arm, Arnette is a very high floor low ceiling CB, and is NFL ready, which is what the Jets need to add to a potentially underrated defense.

69.   Car=Malik Harrison LB OSU, the best player in team history, in my opinion, just retired and has yet to be replaced. Harrison obviously won’t be THAT good, but should be better than Tahir Whitehead.

70.   Mia=Jeremy Chinn S S.Illinois, Miami has a lot of picks, and has the luxury of taking some high upside fliers. Chinn destroyed his athletic testing, and projects as a great box safety compliment to fellow rookie Grant Delpit’s deep safety.

71.   LAC=Jalen Hurts QB Oklahoma, this makes so much more sense to me than taking Herbert at 6. Hurts is basically a rich man’s Tyrod Taylor. He wins with mobility and by not turning it over, though I think he’s more accurate on short/intermediate stuff than Taylor. I think he’s Lynn’s target.

72.   Ari=Raekwon Davis DI Alabama, the Cards DL needs a lot of work, they signed Jordan Phillips and Devon Kennard to sizeable deals, which means they have still need to upgrade the DL, only with less money, Davis is a run stuffer only type, but that fits what they need in a division with San Fran and Seattle.

73.   Jac=Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame, Tyler Eifert was signed but he’s obviously not a long term option. Kmet can learn for a year, or a week, who knows with Eifert, before eventually taking the job. Kmet is also one of the only TE’s in this class who projects as a plus run blocker. I think he offers more long term than Josh Oliver, last year’s round 3 pick.

74.   Cle=Logan Wilson LB Wyoming, he’s a bit of a throwback as a 250 pounder, who excels at run defense and blitzing. That said, with Joe Schobert out the door, there isn’t much left In the cupboard. Mack Wilson is still very much a project, and Sione Takitaki perhaps moreso.

75.   Ind=James Lynch DI Baylor, believe it or not, he lead the NCAA in pressures last season. Pairing him with DeForest Buckner could create some havoc up the gut for Indy’s defense.

76.   TB=Matt Peart OT UConn, I think the Bucs would like to get a RT to help protect Brady. Jones at 14 felt like a reach, and there was nobody there of value in round 2. I wonder if Jason Peters could be a 1 year rental? Anyway, Peart has great size, and production, but it’s a big step up from UConn. Still, a very worthy flier.

77.   Den=Davion Taylor LB Colorado, very explosive player, but needs a lot of coaching up. Probably starts out on special teams, but there is quite a bit of upside there. Broncos can be patient as they are in decent shape with Johnson and Jewell.

78.   Atl=Matt Hennessy IOL Temple, perfect fit for the Falcons. He excels at double teams, and then disengaging and moving to the next level. If he beats out Carpenter, he’d be the only non first round pick starting on Atlanta’s offense.

79.   NYJ=Josh Uche EDGE Michigan, the Jets have been searching for an outside rusher since…Abraham? John that is, not the guy in the Bible. Uche had great success as a pass rusher at Michigan, but they perhaps incorrectly, dropped him into coverage a lot. Perhaps because he’s under 250 pounds? Still even if he’s a part time player, he’d be a nice get for the Jets.

80.   LV=Lucas Niang OT TCU, Niang is a weird prospect, as TCU asked its Tackles to do things no NFL team ever would. So by NFL standards, he’s super raw. Like probably in trouble if he sees the field this year raw. That said, he was extremely effective as a pass blocker, and could be a long term starter with proper coaching, especially if Kolton Miller doesn’t step it up.

81.   LV=Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame, not really a need after adding Lamb in round 1, more a BPA. Claypool showed at the combine, that he’s not going to have to play TE, as he’s more than fast enough to stick at WR. He likely starts as the #4 WR, but could push Tyrell Williams off the team in a year or Hunter Renfro to the #4, if the Raiders take a liking to a big slot option.

82.   Dal=Adam Trautman TE Dayton, I don’t get the Jarwin contract at all. If they liked him so much, why was he stuck behind zombie Witten? I think Jarwin is more of a TE2, and they just don’t wanna be left in the cold if they can’t find an upgrade. Here, they find an upgrade. Trautman has great hands and route running skills, and crushed the combine in every way but 40 time. He’d probably be a round 2 guy, but the competition questions coming from Dayton could/should give pause.

83.   Den=Terrell Burgess S Utah, another FS/Slot tweener, Burgess offers insurance against Callahan’s health, or Simmons leaving after the year.

84.   LAR=Robert Hunt IOL Louisiana, big time run blocker at almost 340 pounds. The Rams can use any kind of interior upgrade, even one isn’t necessarily a McVay type. I think that offense undergoes some changes with Gurley/Cooks gone.

85.   Det=JK Dobbins RB OSU, Kerryon Johnson is a solid RB, but he has had major trouble staying healthy. Dobbins is a very high-end insurance policy, who could possibly just take the job outright. At the very least I could see a COP and pass catching role for Dobbins.

86.   Buf=Cameron Dantzler CB Miss St, ideal fit for the Bills zone defense. Was a big time player in the SEC, and probably goes 50 picks earlier if not for a 4.6 40 time.

87.   NE=Hunter Bryant TE Washington, excellent route runner with good RAC skills. Isn’t quite a seam stretcher, maybe a poor man’s Jordan Reed? The Patriots TE group was awful without Gronk, and while the offense will likely be very different without Brady, this is still a position where an upgrade will be much needed.

88.   NO=Antonio Gandy-Golden WR Liberty, much like the Jordan Love pick, this is about the future. AGG may have the best ball skills in the class, but needs substantial work on the route running end, where better to learn than from Michael Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders?

89.   Min=Trevis Gipson EDGE Tulsa, has a Maxx Crosby feel, where small school seems to be hiding him away a bit. Gipson played both interior and edge in college, but is likely just an edge in the NFL. As I stated earlier the Vikes lost 2 major D-line staples, and adding another guy, even a rotational guy will go a big way to filling that hole.

90.   Hou=Troy Pride CB Notre Dame, Pride is an elite cover CB, with top notch athleticism, but he has one major issue, a complete and utter lack of ball skills. If those get fixed, he’s gonna be a monster steal, if not, he’s still got enough to be a solid #3, which is more than enough for Houston.

91.   LV=Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB LSU, sorry fantasy guys. The Raiders really don’t have a ton of needs. They need their young talent to develop and play better, but as far as holes go, they are few and far between. Alas, this is BPA as a third down RB and COP on a pretty run heavy team.

92.   Bal=Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin, seems to be really falling down draft boards after looking like a potential round 1 pick as late as December. There are questions about his pass blocking, but this feels like a pick where everyone will go, “damn it, why did we let him fall to the freakin’ Ravens!”

93.   Ten=Amik Robertson CB Louisiana Tech, super feisty slot CB to replace Logan Ryan. A little undersized at 5-9 185, but was a 3-year starter who improved every year.  

94.   GB=Van Jefferson WR Florida, this probably isn’t the WR(even the Jefferson WR) Packer fans are hoping for, but Van Jefferson is a solid WR in his own right. He’s a strong route runner, with deep speed.  He’ll pair well with Funchess size.

95.   Den=John Hightower WR Boise St, after adding Aiyuk the Broncos go back to the well at WR, this time adding a speed threat. Hightower feels like poor man’s Robby Anderson.

96.   KC=Darnay Holmes CB UCLA, Holmes high-end is amazing round 1 caliber, but man does he get lost a lot. A risk/reward prospect who has #1 CB tools, and showed that in 2018, but he was downright bad last year.

97.   Cle=Curtis Weaver EDGE Boise St, very underrated player, who wins with technique and motor, which is somewhat worrying against mediocre competition, however he was had dominant production. Could eventually replace Olivier Vernon, or just be a solid rotational piece.

98.   NE=Cam Brown LB Penn St, very good athlete with great size 6-5 230, but gets overwhelmed often. Needs strong coaching(so good landing spot) I almost think if he gained 25 pounds he could be their new Kyle Van Noy, but that is a big ask, likely just a project who plays special teams to start.

99.   NYG=Jack Driscoll OT Auburn, I thought he was a much better OT at Auburn than Prince Wanogho. He’s a little thin at 6-5 295, but if he can add strength, I think they’ve got their RT.

100. NE=K’Von Wallace S Clemson, classic Patriot pick. Safety/slot tweener , outstanding run defender, and doesn’t make mistakes. Not an elite athlete, and is unlikely to ever be more than a role player.

101   Sea=Cam Akers RB FSU, Chris Carson is coming off a hip injury and entering a contract year, with a bad injury history and fumble issues, and Penny is coming off a late season ACL tear, that even Pete Carroll(who is always overly optimistic) sounds worried about. Akers is not a guy I’m a huge fan of, but he fits this offense. He breaks tackles, and won’t be asked to do much as a receiver.

102.  Pit=Logan Stenberg IOL Kentucky, just feels like a Steeler. He has a nasty demeanor, almost an Incognito vibe to him. Plays to the whistle and then a little after. Steelers brought in Wisniewski to start at LG, but that feels like a 1 year fix, Stenberg could be the future there.

103.  Phi=Josiah Scott CB Michigan St, very small at 5-10 180, but quick and very consistent. Scouting reports call him a slot CB, but I think he should get a shot outside, the size isn’t ideal, but everything else is there. Another strong addition to a secondary that has added Darius Slay and Nickell Robey-Coleman.

104.  LAR=Antonio Gibson RB Memphis, a monster with the ball in his hands. Is kind of a RB/WR tweener, but was the most dangerous runner on a per play basis. Broke a tackle on roughly 40% of his career touches, he just didn’t have many touches as Memphis had Darrell Henderson and Tony Pollard ahead of him. Solid COP RB, KR, slot WR, could all be in his future. Not undersized either at 225 pounds.

105.  Min=Nick Harris IOL Washington, Kubiak style zone blocker. Likely fills the void left by Josh Kline.

106   Bal=Donovan Peoples-Jones WR Michigan, why not take a flier on an unrefined uber athlete at WR when you are the Ravens. They did a similar thing last year with Miles Boykin, who was probably a better prospect than DPJ, but still, maybe you get lucky and he hits, and that is another guy the defense has to be concerned about. It’s possible that like Darius Slayton, DPJ was held back by an inconsistent(and wildly overrated) college QB.

I tried to limit the amount of trades, and make them make sense for both sides. I also tried not to be too much like the consensus, while still balancing some realism. I apologize in advance to fantasy owners as most of the RB's landed in RBBC spots. Without any further ado:
Wow.  This is incredibly in depth.  You really know your stuff.

49.   Pit=Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE Penn St, I think YGM falls a bit. He’s got great size, but still needs a lot of work. Bud Dupree had a nice contract year push, but the Steelers wisely didn’t sign him long term, and YGM could be his replacement as soon as 2021.
I love the player. I heavily question the fit.

The length, the ability to set the edge and handle OL is terrific for a 260+ pound man.  He doesn't cover. Can he do that in the Steeler 3-4?  They never have this type of undersized 4-3 DE play the position because it really messes with their scheme. They already have to over utilize TJ Watt in coverage and he was #1 in pressure per rush in the NFL. I have to think any player drafted high at OLB better have some coverage offerings.

In this draft Id expect them to hammer out a RB, OL or maybe a S.  With a WR possible because of the talent in the draft, but you have a ton (10) going earlier.

This is really well done travdog. I haven't read it all yet but there is some good information in every blurb I've read so far.

As far as something that seems way off from consensus is how low you have Gross Matos going. 

I have been doing mocks almost every day for a couple weeks now and Marlon Davidson has never entered my radar as a pick for the Vikings. I guess I will have to watch him. I never see him being drafted in the 1st round.

If it were my choice the Vikings would take Gross Matos over Davidson.

I love the player. I heavily question the fit.

The length, the ability to set the edge and handle OL is terrific for a 260+ pound man.  He doesn't cover. Can he do that in the Steeler 3-4?  They never have this type of undersized 4-3 DE play the position because it really messes with their scheme. They already have to over utilize TJ Watt in coverage and he was #1 in pressure per rush in the NFL. I have to think any player drafted high at OLB better have some coverage offerings.

In this draft Id expect them to hammer out a RB, OL or maybe a S.  With a WR possible because of the talent in the draft, but you have a ton (10) going earlier.
I agree that Gross-Matos hasn't shown he can cover, but he also hasn't shown he can't.He's plenty athletic enough to be able to, Penn St just didn't use him that way. It's a projection though I would agree. Ultimately, I think the pass rushing upside outweighs potential coverage liability. 

I debated going OL with that pick, as well as DB. But didn't see the value there with only 1 pick pick in the top-100, I felt swinging for the fences was the way to go, even if te fit isn't the cleanest.

I think RB would about the worst pick they could make. Especially if Swift is already gone. Taylor doesn't catch anywhere near well enough for that offense. If they could snag Zack Moss in round 4, that'd be a good fit, but again, I ran into the 1 pick in the top-100 thing, and it felt wrong to use that pick on the NFL's least valuable position, especially when James Conner is good, I think he'll benefit a ton from Ben being back.

This is really well done travdog. I haven't read it all yet but there is some good information in every blurb I've read so far.

As far as something that seems way off from consensus is how low you have Gross Matos going. 

I have been doing mocks almost every day for a couple weeks now and Marlon Davidson has never entered my radar as a pick for the Vikings. I guess I will have to watch him. I never see him being drafted in the 1st round.

If it were my choice the Vikings would take Gross Matos over Davidson.
Thanks, I tried to balance my personal opinion, with consensus, while having enough differences that it doesn't look like every other mock.

Gross-Matos is not a 1st round pick in my opinion. I think he's pretty raw, and needs coaching. I love him in the 40's, but not in the 20's. I think he's a part time player as a rookie, and that was part of why I don't like him for the Vikings, I think they would/should want a more immediate contributor. 

Davidson is a guy I think many draft people are completely missing the boat on. Some even have him listed as an edge rusher, despite him being 300 pounds. He was a 275 pound edge in college, but he clearly thinks his future is inside after gaining 25 pounds before the combine. He still runs pretty well for a 300 pounder as well. Frankly, I'm not sure there is much of a talent drop off between Derrick Brown and Davidson.

I have Davidson and Pierce starting inside, with Hunter and Odenigbo on the edge, with projected 3rd rounder Gipson pushing Odenigbo for his job. 

That is a very bold take. 
Perhaps. I think its a 2 horse race between Detroit and Green Bay. Adding Gladney would be enough to push Detroit over the top for me. They'd be 6 deep at that point, and Oruwariye showed a lot of promise, and was a guy I loved at Penn St and thought was the biggest defensive steal of the 2019 draft.

If I'm wrong, and they end up with Okudah in round 1, they are in the running for best secondary in the NFC in my opinion.

Great job, definitely in depth. I feel that the surprise of the draft is Tua falling out of the top 10 ala ARodgers and Brady Quinn in their drafts. I think there is more concern about his health and size than people realize. I even predict Herbert goes ahead of him. Also I can’t imagine Kinlaw falling past Dallas at 17. 
Overall I like most of it and appreciate the attention to detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job, definitely in depth. I feel that the surprise of the draft is Tua falling out of the top 10 ala ARodgers and Brady Quinn in their drafts. I think there is more concern about his health and size than people realize. I even predict Herbert goes ahead of him. Also I can’t imagine Kinlaw falling past Dallas at 17. 
Overall I like most of it and appreciate the attention to detail.
I suspect there are a lot of teams that have Herbert ahead of Tua on their boards. I don't think those teams are wise. If Tua has a Rodgers-like tumble, somebody is getting a Rodgers-like value. 

Kinlaw would be a worthy pick at 17, but with Dallas signing both Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe in FA, it just felt like overkill at the position. Though obviously neither of those guys are long term answers. I did consider Justin Jefferson there to really push the passing game over the top, but thought better of it.

Perhaps. I think its a 2 horse race between Detroit and Green Bay. Adding Gladney would be enough to push Detroit over the top for me. They'd be 6 deep at that point, and Oruwariye showed a lot of promise, and was a guy I loved at Penn St and thought was the biggest defensive steal of the 2019 draft.

If I'm wrong, and they end up with Okudah in round 1, they are in the running for best secondary in the NFC in my opinion.
Trufant at best cancels out the loss of Slay. 

Rookie CB- even if Okludah, it is still a rookie

Oruawariye played decent last year but the Lions didn't let him play much either, only 218 snaps. 

Justin Coleman made a lot of big plays in the first third of the year but those trailed off and he ended being more of a mid level CB2. 

Tracy Walker is very good, clearly their best DB. 

Duron Harmon- was good with New England but he has played 8 years in the NFL and never started more than 8 games in a season. How good is he really? 

Will Harris has proven nothing yet

I hope you are right but Detroit had the worst pass defense in the NFL last year and I don't see changes that make me thing it's all of a team strength. 

Users who are viewing this thread