What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

National Collegiate Fantasy Football (using NFL players) (1 Viewer)

NCFF Commish

Footballguy
http://ncffcommish.wix.com/ncff

The NCFF is a unique and challenging fantasy football dynasty league. We use NFL players, but the league is designed to mimic the college football environment. The league includes multiple conferences, rivalries, recruiting, bowl games, and a national championship tournament. Further, we only use the youngest NFL stars, so successful coaches will have to have an eye for talent and the tenacity to win competitve recruiting battles.

More information can be found on the league site or by e-mailing me at ncff.commish@gmail.com.

Other important pieces of info:

• Online environment (no geographic restrictions)
  • You can play for free (no prizes) or you can play with an entry fee ($50 and $20 price points)
  • Sizes of conferences are either 8 or 10 teams. But the playoffs include teams from multiple conferences.
  • We only use players in years 1-5 of their NFL careers. So there aisno Brady, Brees, Manning, or Rodgers. But there is Newton, Kaepernick, Luck, RG3, Wilson, Dalton, Tannehill, Bradford, etc.
  • Starting LIneUps are 1 QB, 1 WR, 2 WR/RB, 2 WR/TE. Total Roster is 15 players
  • Instead of a draft, we use an auction system to recruit players to teams. Very competitive to win stars.
  • No trades or adds during season, so recruiting is critical.

Cool concept, sounds interesting. But how do we have any way of knowing this is legit? That many people I imagine leaguesafe can't be utilized? Or can it?

That is a valid question, Yoda. Let me look closer at leaguesafe to see how it would handle this.

For the first season (2013), I only expect there to be 20 teams playing with an entry fee (although I hope I can generate enough interest for more). I would imagine that Leaguesafe could easily handle 20 teams and even 30 teams.

Again, I will take a look at LeagueSafe and see what I can find out.

I have confirmed through an e-mail from LeagueSafe Customer Support that LeagueSafe can support "as many owners as you can throw at us". Further, the representative also confirmed that LeagueSafe can support different entry fees for different owners.

The NCFF will have as many as 80 coaches who are paying to play, and some will use a $20 entry fee while others will opt for a $50 entry fee. Since LeagueSafe can support this, the NCFF will use LeagueSafe.

Check out http://ncffcommish.wix.com/ncff to learn more about a league that can have 80 players and have different entry fees.

Excellent, with leaguesafe it should help recruit people much easier. Will there be a more detailed list of rules/bylaws being released? For example it seems like the $20 and $50 buyin players will be a part of the same league and be competing for part of the same overall prize pool? Do they play with the free players as well? How will payouts work exactly?

I am still working out the official set of rules. I hope to get them out soon to clear up any questions.

The league will use myfantasyleague as the fantasy engine. The buyin players and the free players will operate in the same "league". However, free players and buyin players will not be competing against each other. They will not recruit against each other; they will not play in games (either regular season or postseason) against each other.

The league will pay out 100% of entry fees. But the exact payout structure will be documented elsewhere, because it has multiple variables (There could be 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, or 80 paying members; of the paying members, each could choose to play for $20 or $50). It might be best for me to illustrate this with an example. Let's look at a 20-team buyin league:

• Two conferences of 10 paying teams, some of which paying $50 while remaining pay $20 (higher entry fee provides recruiting advantages). For example, let's say half at $50 and half at ($20): total kitty is $700.
  • Two conference champions plus two at-large teams will play in four-team National Championship Tournament.
  • There will be three bowl games. Winners of the bowl games earn the average entry fee (rounded up to $5 increment). In this example: $35.
  • $700 - (3 * $35) = $700 - $105 = $595 (remaining kitty for playoff teams).
  • Semifinalists: 2 @ $75
  • Runner-up: $150
  • Champion: $310
Regardless of $50/$20 mix, Semifinalist in 20-team league will get roughly double the winnings of a bowl winner. Runner up gets double of Semifinalist. Champ gets at least double of Runner Up.

Like I mentioned, the payouts will be fully clarified when the league rules are published.

As requested, the league site now has a set of rules and settings to download and review.

There are a lot of settings changes that occur as the league moves from 20 to 30 paying coaches, so I have created a separate document for each.

We have already had two coaches join this week and we expect more to be joining soon.

After only nine days, the NCFF already has its first three coaches signed up to play. And I have another contact who I consider to be probable to joining this league soon. In addition, I have heard from a couple of individuals from message boards who have shown some level of interest but have not yet committed.

And keep in mind that this league has a free version that is very similar to those paying to play, so if you want to try it out for free we can handle that!

I hope everyone enjoys a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend. Be sure to remember those who have sacrificed their lives to protect our nation.

The NCFF is a unique and challenging fantasy football dynasty league. We use NFL players, but the league is designed to mimic the college football environment. The league includes multiple conferences, rivalries, recruiting, bowl games, and a national championship tournament. Further, we only use the youngest NFL stars, so successful coaches will have to have an eye for talent and the tenacity to win competitve recruiting battles.

More information can be found on the league site or by e-mailing me at ncff.commish@gmail.com.

Other important pieces of info:

• Online environment (no geographic restrictions)
  • You can play for free (no prizes) or you can play with an entry fee ($50 and $20 price points)
  • Sizes of conferences are either 8 or 10 teams. But the playoffs include teams from multiple conferences.
  • We only use players in years 1-5 of their NFL careers. So there aisno Brady, Brees, Manning, or Rodgers. But there is Newton, Kaepernick, Luck, RG3, Wilson, Dalton, Tannehill, Bradford, etc.
  • Starting LIneUps are 1 QB, 1 WR, 2 WR/RB, 2 WR/TE. Total Roster is 15 players
  • Instead of a draft, we use an auction system to recruit players to teams. Very competitive to win stars.
  • No trades or adds during season, so recruiting is critical.
http://www.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/72916

The NCFF has now launched its MFL site, so you can look around and get a better feel of how this league works.

The league is up to 5 coaches. There are lots of free teams too if you wish to play for free. Check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread