What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (2 Viewers)

yay refs. Spent more time watching them the last 15 minutes than actual basketball. And they blew the biggest call of the game.

Line jumped from Zags -2.5 to -3.5 /-4 in like 2 minutes, so.... take Kansas at your own peril

ETA: -4.5 pretty much everywhere now

Probably closes Zags -5 to -5.5

Last edited:
Typical for basketball.

An amazing block, one of the best you'll ever see, gets called a foul and basically ends the game. "But the game is so hard to officiate, blah, blah, blah."

If Kentucky loses, I wonder if that is the last straw for Calipari.
$35M is a tough straw even for an SEC school to swallow. At least for basketball. I think he's there for a couple more years no matter what.
Can’t wait for next year, when he trots out five emaciated 7 footers to fix the defense.

Rebounding is the less glamorous road to the NBA (see Tshiebwe, Oscar) so we only get gunners who try too hard for their one year (Boston, Wagner, and so many others) and shot blockers.

All year the team started slow until Sheppard and Dillingham came in, but apparently had to stick with guards who can pretend to be forwards to muster what meager defense was to be had instead of flipping it around.

Super fun to watch when they were on fire from outside, but was never seriously going to contend.

Less fun to follow on your phone while watching your highschool team lose their best player to injury and narrowly lose in the state tournament. At Rupp Arena….

Minor Pet peeve for the NCAA and CBS: Please put the name of the city of the game-site on the end lines. It's easy to forget where the game is and it's helpful information.

They do place it at half court on the "upper" sideline, but you cant see it in some arenas due to camera height from arena to arena (i.e. Spokane is clear, others arent).

Minor Pet peeve for the NCAA and CBS: Please put the name of the city of the game-site on the end lines. It's easy to forget where the game is and it's helpful information.

They do place it at half court on the "upper" sideline, but you cant see it in some arenas due to camera height from arena to arena (i.e. Spokane is clear, others arent).

Spokane is rather proud of Spokane for reasons I've never understood. That city sucks.

Not sure what that FA player was thinking with 8 seconds left in regulation. You're tied, don't wind down the clock 30 feet from the basket and fire up a desperation 3. I blame Steph Curry for all of this.

Was there a mistake with the shot clock at the end of regulation? FAU gets the ball after a back court violation with about 48 seconds left. For some reason they set the shot clock to 20 and not 30. FAU had to throw up a heave late in the shot clock. Ended up getting ball back after the inadvertent whistle and review but could have run more clock before that.

Was there a mistake with the shot clock at the end of regulation? FAU gets the ball after a back court violation with about 48 seconds left. For some reason they set the shot clock to 20 and not 30. FAU had to throw up a heave late in the shot clock. Ended up getting ball back after the inadvertent whistle and review but could have run more clock before that.

From wiki: .The NCAA specifies 20 seconds rather than 30 after stoppages where the ball is already in the frontcourt. In 2019, it added offensive rebounds to this lis

From wiki: .The NCAA specifies 20 seconds rather than 30 after stoppages where the ball is already in the frontcourt. In 2019, it added offensive rebounds to this lis
Even after a turnover? News to me.

It was called a timeout for FAU. You can see the player call it before the trip.

It was called a timeout for FAU. You can see the player call it before the trip.
Who called time out? Did they ever even have possession?

Who called time out? Did they ever even have possession?
That's my mistake, I was looking at the wrong line in the box score.

Users who are viewing this thread