What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Neighbor fence issue....Here we go again! (1 Viewer)

To make this easier let's give the neighbors fake names. We will call the husband "Richard" and the wife "Lisa".

OK so the fence thing isn't that exciting. I spoke to Lisa and explained where we are and that I am going to speak to Richard about the fence. I just wanted to let her know in advance because Richard is a jerk and he will likely be upset for no reason. Lisa then tells me that Richard is having some health problems and is starting to show signs of forgetfulness that she is very concerned about. She also mentioned that Richard wants to get his own survey. :rolleyes: .

Where we left it was that with summer basically here, none of us are interested in taking down and installing a new fence in the heat and humidity of the mid-atlantic. I will speak to Richard over the weekend and let him know of my intentions to replace the fence in the fall. That way they dont have to disturb the garden (that he already said he would cut back last winter,) and give him time to get his own survey. I am going to set a hard date of October 1st.

To be continued.....

If I were you I'd formalize your discussion with Richard in a follow up letter to him, to avoid the possibility of his "forgetfulness" resulting in him not having any idea what you're talking about come fall.

This was good advice that I should have went with.

Spoke with them yesterday because I have all the materials ready to go and now he’s telling me no.

He said that by moving the fence (off of MY property), I would be getting my cake and eating it too.

It’s now a mess. Wife and I are going to come to a division- give them two options, move their fence and we can install ours or we go full privacy fence.
This is never the wrong answer. Good fences make good neighbors.

Users who are viewing this thread