What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NERangers MOCK DRAFT - FINAL (1 Viewer)

nerangers

Footballguy
FINAL!

Includes a Viking/Ram trade

Think the Saints/Jet trade and get the players I have them listed with

1 1 Houston - Mario Williams, DE (changed Reggie Bush, RB) - though they should take Williams all along

2 2 New Orleans - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT (changed Mario Williams) - best player now for the Saints

3 3 Tennessee - Vince Young, QB

4 4 N.Y. Jets - Reggie Bush, RB (changed D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT) - best chance of getting Bush now

5 5 Green Bay - A.J. Hawk, LB

6 6 San Francisco - Vernon Davis, TE

7 7 Oakland - Matt Leinart, QB

8 8 Buffalo - Winston Justice, OT

9 9 Detroit - Michael Huff, S

10 10 Arizona - Ernie Sims, LB (changed Haloti Ngata, DT) - Moving up the board

11 11 (TRADE) Vikings – Jay Cutler, QB

12 12 Cleveland - Haloti Ngata, DT (changed Kamerion Wimbley, DE) - favored over Wimbley

13 13 Baltimore - Brodrick Bunkley, DT

14 14 Philadelphia - Chad Jackson, WR

15 15 Denver - Santonio Holmes, WR

16 16 Miami - Antonio Cromartie, CB (changed Manny Lawson, DE/OLB) - read Miami really wants him

17 17 (TRADE) St. Louis - Jimmy Williams, DB

18 18 Dallas - Manny Lawson, DE/OLB (changed Ernie Sims, LB) - better fit for Dallas anyway

19 19 San Diego - Tye Hill, CB

20 20 Kansas City - Jonathan Joseph, CB (changed Antonio Cromartie, CB) - still need the position

21 21 New England - DeAngelo Williams, RB

22 22 San Francisco - Kamerion Wimbley, DE (changed Mathius Kiwanuka, DE) - Better DE for their system

23 23 Tampa Bay - Mathius Kiwanuka, DE (changed Jonathan Joseph, CB) - fills a need

24 24 Cincinnati - Donte Whitner, S

25 25 N.Y. Giants - Sinorice Moss, WR (changed Bobby Carpenter, LB) - Giants now have Arrington, and does not need Carpenter

26 26 Chicago - S/CB Jason Allen (changed Sinorice Moss, WR) - think the Bears will trade out of this pick altogether

27 27 Carolina - Chad Greenway, LB

28 28 Jacksonville – Thomas Howard, OLB/S

29 29 N.Y. Jets - Bobby Carpenter, LB (changed Demeco Ryans, LB) - Same position, different player

30 30 Indianapolis - Laurence Maroney, RB

31 31 Seattle – Kelley Jennings, CB

32 32 Pittsburgh – LenDale White, RB

I thought it would be fun to enter one of the rookie mock drafts online...so here is my rookie attempt at my first rookie mock draft ever!

Mind you, I am not an expert on rookies by any stretch of the imagination. I am posting it here so the experts can show me the error of my ways with picks for there home teams. I looked online at a site that listed the top three weaknesses on each team and made picks based on that.

Here goes:

1 1 Houston - Reggie Bush, RB: Definitely the #1 draft pick of the draft,, but wonder if the Texans really need him and DD? I think the Texans would do better with DE Mario Williams or trade out of this pick. (Alternate pick: Mario Williams, DE)

2 2 New Orleans - Mario Williams, DE: This pick could easily be D'brickashaw Ferguson, but from what I read online, it seems the Saints have Williams and Hawk higher on their draft board. The Saints could move down a few spots and get one of them (trade with Titans or Jets) or you just make the pick right here. With Brees in the fold, I don’t see them going for a QB. (Alternate pick: D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT, A.J. Hawk, LB)

3 3 Tennessee - Vince Young, QB: A lot going on with Tennessee and McNair. I think Volek will start, and groom the next QB. General Manager Floyd Reese likes Vince Young, so that is the pick. If they are not going to pick Leinart, they probably could trade down on this pick to get Young. If Tennessee did pick Leinart, I don’t see the Jets taking Vince Young. (Alternate pick: D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Matt Leinart, QB)

4 4 N.Y. Jets - Matt Leinart, QB: I know they now have Pennington and Ramsey, but how to you pass on Leinart especially if you do not have to trade up to get him? (Alternate Pick: D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Mario Williams, DE)

5 5 Green Bay - A.J. Hawk, LB: From everything I read, this pick just makes sense. Since I have D'brickashaw Ferguson falling, maybe GB would pick him, but it seems that GB would have to do a lot of shuffling to use him.

6 6 San Francisco - Michael Huff, S: OK, I know everyone else has Vernon Davis here, and it does make sense to give Alex Smith another target to throw at. There are a few other TEs in the draft though, and adding Huff adds to a secondary that lacks both depth and talent. If GB does not take Hawk, he is also another option here. (Alternate pick: Mario Williams, DE, Vernon Davis, TE, A.J. Hawk, LB, D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT)

7 7 Oakland - Vernon Davis, TE: SF loss, Oakland’s gain. Had the Jets not taken Leinart, Oakland would have (don’t read so much into the Aaron Brooks signing, the need is still there). I read if they could not get Leinart or Young here, and Vernon Davis was around, he could be the pick. (Alternate Picks: Matt Leinart, QB, Vince Young, QB, Michael Huff, S)

8 8 Buffalo - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT: Someone always slips in the draft, and I know Ferguson is the most unlikely, but it is how my draft panned out. Someone might trade up to get him, but I didn’t do any trades in my draft. The Saints, Jets, or GB could easily draft him. He won’t get past Buffalo though. If Ferguson is not the one to side, I think they would still draft position and take Justice. (Alternate: Winston Justice, OT)

9 9 Detroit - Winston Justice, OT: Detroit has a terrible offensive line that could make Justice a starter. (Alternate: Michael Huff, S)

10 10 Arizona - Haloti Ngata, DT: Most Arizona fans don’t think the Cardinals would take Cutler here, so adding a tackle seemed to make sense. Cutler is one of those players that could slide in the draft the same way Rogers did last year. Could the Vikings try to trade up here thinking Arizona will grab Cutler? (Alternate: Jay Cutler, QB)

11 11 St. Louis - Jimmy Williams, DB: I was actually thinking Sims here, but went with Williams. I read that the Rams have quantity vs quality at this position, so Williams should be an upgrade. (Alternate: Ernie Sims, LB, Tye Hill, CB)

12 12 Cleveland - Kamerion Wimbley, DE: Cleveland was looking at Ngata and Wimbley and Wimbley is still here. This pick could also end up being Bunkley in place of Wimbley (Alternate: Brodrick Bunkley, DT)

13 13 Baltimore - Brodrick Bunkley, DT: Someone in the middle could not hurt the Ravens. This pick could also be Cutler since he is slipping, but I think the Ravens will stick with Boller. (Alternate: Jay Cutler, QB)

14 14 Philadelphia - Chad Jackson, WR: TO gone, WR drafted. (Alternate: Ernie Sims, LB)

15 15 Denver - Santonio Holmes, WR: Not sure if Denver would take Holmes here, and would take Jackson if he dropped. The rumor was they wanted to trade up to get Vernon Davis…I don’t think it is happening. Maybe the Broncos take an HB/RB here? Come on, it is the Broncos. (Alternate: DeAngelo Williams, RB)

16 16 Miami - Manny Lawson, DE/OLB: Tough call here. I originally thought of putting Cromartie with the Dolphins, being a prospect that Nick Saban recruited for LSU. OLB seems more of a need though for the Dolphins. (Alternate: Antonio Cromartie, CB, Donte Whitner, S)

17 17 Minnesota - Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt: The Vikings will be glad if he drops to them, but I am thinking they will attempt to move up to get him. If he is here, the Vikings take him. If Cutler is gone, Ernie Sims might be the pick. (Alternate: Ernie Sims, LB)

18 18 Dallas - Ernie Sims, LB: Sims does not drop past the Cowboys. Either Sims or Lawson to play in Dallas’ 3-4 scheme. (Alternate: Donte Whitner, S)

19 19 San Diego - Tye Hill, CB: Good fit to fill a big need. (Alternate: Antonio Cromartie, CB)

20 20 Kansas City - Antonio Cromartie, CB: Went Corner here since two of the top WRs are off the board. Both CB and WR are pressing needs. (Alternate: Tye Hill, CB)

21 21 New England - DeAngelo Williams, RB: Tough pick, but great value - if not then I think the Pats will reach for Demeco Ryans, who they have met with three times. Many drafts have Richard Marshall here, but I think Williams is much better value for the Pats. (Alternate: Demeco Ryans, LB, Bobby Carpenter, LB)

22 22 San Francisco - Mathius Kiwanuka, DE: This is based on the 49ers not getting Mario Williams with the #6 pick. There is a need at DE with the loss of both Andre Carter and Julian Peterson during the off-season. I originally had CB Jonathan Joseph here, but DE seems more pressing. (Alternate: Jonathan Joseph, CB)

23 23 Tampa Bay – Jonathan Joseph, CB: I originally had Eric Winston, OT here, but I read that Tampa Bay signed OT Torrin Tucker, So I am rethinking this pick. Now that I changed my SF pick as well, I think CB would be a good pick here. (Alternate: Eric Winston, OT)

24 24 Cincinnati - Donte Whitner, S: Local guy makes good on the home team. Whitner should be able to play Safety or Cornerback. (Alternate: Thomas Howard, OLB/S)

25 25 N.Y. Giants - Bobby Carpenter, LB: LB was listed as the G-Men’s biggest weakness, so with Carpenter still on the board, it seemed to be a good pick.

26 26 Chicago - Sinorice Moss, WR: I made this pick based on them having Ricky Manning by the draft. WR is still a glaring need, and with two off the board, I think they will pick Moss. (Alternate: Jonathan Joseph, CB, Richard Marshall, CB if Manning is not signed)

27 27 Carolina - Demeco Ryans, LB: Who do you believe…do they take a RB or a LB. If RB, I read that they like Lendale White. They have Foster, so I think they go LB here. (Alternate: LenDale White, RB, Thomas Howard, OLB/S)

28 28 Jacksonville - LenDale White, RB: Just a feeling it would be insurance for Fred Taylor. I kept flip flopping with Thomas Howard here as well. (Alternate: Thomas Howard, OLB/S)

29 29 N.Y. Jets - Chad Greenway, LB: Another player that slid down the draft board. He won’t slip any farther though. (Alternate: Demeco Ryans, LB)

30 30 Indianapolis - Laurence Maroney, RB: Dominic Rhodes will be the starter, but having an additional RB can not hurt the Colts. Three are off the board, so I think they go with Maroney here or trade down to get Joseph Addai. I think there are more LB’s for the Colts to go after than RBs. LB Thomas Howard could be a great pick here if the Colts have faith in their current RBs. (Alternate: Joseph Addai, RB, Thomas Howard, OLB/S)

31 31 Seattle – Kelley Jennings, CB: With a few good CBs left, the Seahawks fill a pressing need in the secondary. I originally had Jason Allen, S here, but think the Seahawks go with a CB. (Alternate: Jason Allen, S)

32 32 Pittsburgh - Jason Allen, S: I originally had Daniel Bullocks, S here, but with my change with the Seahawks, I think Allen will be the choice instead. They could go so many ways, including C, RB or WR. Based on four RBs off the board, and three WRs, I don’t see the Steelers reaching here. (Alternate: Nick Mangold, C)

Edited: I added my commentary, and changed a few picks from my original posted:

22 22 San Francisco - Mathius Kiwanuka, DE (originally Jonathan Joseph, CB)

23 23 Tampa Bay – Jonathan Joseph, CB (originally Eric Winston, OT)

31 31 Seattle – Kelley Jennings, CB (originally Jason Allen, S)

32 32 Pittsburgh - Jason Allen, S (originally Daniel Bullocks, S)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job. One of the best I've seen. It's a pretty realistic snapshot of how things could go down but you didn't play it overly safe either. At this point we're all guessing but there's some nice thought put into this.

This is pretty solid. I do think Huff is a bit of a reach at #6, though, and they would be better served getting Vernon Davis here, I really can't see them doing anything else unless they get a wild hair and trade down.

The D'Brick slide won't happen. No way he goes past #5 to Green Bay, IMO.

I'm starting to think that Cutler's gonna slide a bit in this draft. Remember Aaron Rodgers last year, Chad Pennington, Ben Roethlesberger, JP Losman, and countless others who slid despite being highly touted? If Cutler was more "NFL" ready, he'd be less likely to skid, but the fact of the matter is he needs a lot of work.

Jimmy Williams to St. Louis makes sense. I've been pushing for him, Huff, or Davis all along.

I have a feelling Bunkley will get taken before Ngata. Remember how Jimmy Kennedy slid a few years ago? Ngata's a similar player and with scouts concerned about his weight, he could also slide with Cutler. I don't see him going past Baltimore, though, as I think Billick would get a stiffy if Ngata fell to him. They love dem big ol' DT's in Baltimore!

I still have a feeling that, despite LenDale White's skid, Carolina is gonna have a hard-on for him and they'll snatch him at #27. I don't see Jax taking him when they already have a bruiser in Greg Jones. The Jets at #29 could be a possibilty, though. Although if they have Chad Greenway fall to them, I don't see any way he goes past the Jets, and to be quite frank, I think you have Greenway slotted way too low. I don't see him going past Dallas, to be quite honest.

Good effort though, these mocks are very time consuming and they aren't easy! A lot of picks on here do make great sense (D'Angelo to the Pats, Jackson to the Iggles, Cutler to the Vikes, just to name a couple).

Good effort. Nothing too outrageous, but not cookie cutter either.

I like VY going to Tennessee. A lot of people have just penciled in Lienart there but I think they like VY and are secretly hoping someone trades up and grabs Lienart ahead of them.....

A bit more explanation would be nice, its really the only thing that makes these worth reading.

Nice effort though.

I would love to see the Cowboys grab Greenway over Sims but I hear that Sims is in the Bill Parcells mold of hard working hard hitting linebackers.

1 1 Houston - Reggie Bush, RB (always wonder if they really will do this and keep DD)

2 2 New Orleans - Mario Williams, DE - Unless they are trading Charles Grant, this isnt happening.

3 3 Tennessee - Vince Young, QB (due to the McNair situation going on) - I like the pick, hate the reasoning. The McNair situation(that he's going to get cut after the draft) makes the Young pick less likely, because A) McNair won't be there to develop Young, and B) They'll need a QB who will be ready to play much sooner, which is Leinart)

4 4 N.Y. Jets - Matt Leinart, QB (can't see the Jets passing on Leinart here)- agreed

6 6 San Francisco - Michael Huff, S (I know everyone else has a TE here) - While Huff is very good, and a very safe prospect, the 49ers arent going to pass on Ferguson here for a saftey. Just think of it as a general rule. Teams that need an LT dont pass on a very highly rated one for a saftey.

7 7 Oakland - Vernon Davis, TE- Given the way you have things falling, this makes sense. However, I doubt the draft will play out in such a way that the Raiders can justify taking Davis. I would expect Oakland to be the team most likely to trade up to #2, to take Vince Young. AL Davis has a soup can in his pocket for Young.

8 8 Buffalo - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT (I know, I have him slipping) - Man would that be a dream for Buffalo.

9 9 Detroit - Winston Justice, OT

10 10 Arizona - Haloti Ngata, DT (just do not see them taking Cutler in the top 10)- Not with Dockett and the recently very well paid Kendrick Clancy.This pick is really going to be a war between the FO and Green. FO will want Culter, Green will be after a guy like Ernie Sims.

11 11 St. Louis - Jimmy Williams, DB- WAY too high for Williams, who is A) not worth the #11 talent wise, and B) a huge character concern.

12 12 Cleveland - Kamerion Wimbley, DE- Excellent pick, though this may end up being Manny Lawson. I personally expect Ngata to fall here

15 15 Denver - Santonio Holmes, WR- Ick. Not ick as in its a bad prediction, just ick as in I hate the thought of the Broncos wasting a 1st rounder on a guy like Holmes in this draft.

16 16 Miami - Manny Lawson, DE/OLB- A Jason Taylor Clone(eventually) in Miami. Hard to disagree with that.

17 17 Minnesota - Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt (if he is here, the Vikings take him)- Yes, 17 is as far as Cutler falls.

18 18 Dallas - Ernie Sims, LB- Sims cant play OLB for Parcells. That would be an ugly marriage.

20 20 Kansas City - Antonio Cromartie, CB

21 21 New England - DeAngelo Williams, RB (tough pick, but great value - if not then Demeco Ryans)

22 22 San Francisco - Johnathan Joseph, CB

23 23 Tampa Bay - Eric Winston, OT- Really doubt we see Winston this high, alot of concerns about both his knee and his ability to play OT in the NFL. Might be a better guard.

25 25 N.Y. Giants - Bobby Carpenter, LB

26 26 Chicago - Sinorice Moss, WR (I think they will have Manning by then)

27 27 Carolina - Demeco Ryans, LB

28 28 Jacksonville - LenDale White, RB- Id be shocked if White is a 1st round pick with the injury/character concerns, but Ive been shocked before.

29 29 N.Y. Jets - Chad Greenway, LB

30 30 Indianapolis - Laurence Maroney, RB- Id really expect this to be Addai. Maroney is just the worst fit of the big 4 Rbs for Indy(White = #5).

31 31 Seattle - Jason Allen, S

32 32 Pittsburgh - Daniel Bullocks, S (RB or WR but seemed like slim pickings)

I would love to see the Cowboys grab Greenway over Sims but I hear that Sims is in the Bill Parcells mold of hard working hard hitting linebackers.
Well, one of us will be right. Sims hits hard, but is undersized and cant play through traffic, which he will be exposed to quite a bit. Would be a much better 4-3 Cover 2 OLB

Would Green Bay take Hawk over D'brick?
Are they planning on ridding themselves of Clifton or Tauscher? GB's OL problems are on the inside, they have one of the better sets of tackles in the league.

Just some quick notes:

I originally had Ferguson going to the Saints....still might change it back

I think Volek would be ok in showing VY the ropes...

I think GB stays with picking Hawk

SF could really use Davis with Alex Smith as QB...It makes sense for them....and that is why I think it will be Huff! lol

I had no idea on the TB pick....

If I have time tonight I will try to lay out my line of thinking....I just did not want to cookie cutter what everyone else had. We all know players slide in the draft, so you always have to have a few (mine were Cutler and Ferguson)

I still have a feeling that, despite LenDale White's skid, Carolina is gonna have a hard-on for him and they'll snatch him at #27. I don't see Jax taking him when they already have a bruiser in Greg Jones.
who did Car draft last year at the RB/FB position?

Well, one of us will be right. Sims hits hard, but is undersized and cant play through traffic, which he will be exposed to quite a bit. Would be a much better 4-3 Cover 2 OLB
Hmmm thanks for the analysis. Maybe I didn't know as much about him as I thought. The things I heard about him were about his work ethic and his attitude, not his playing style.....I actually hope you are right, based on what you said plus the fact that I like Greenway much better.......

I really dont think the Cowboys make this pick at all. I think there is a lot of depth at LB and hopefully a guy slips that someone else wants.....

Are they planning on ridding themselves of Clifton or Tauscher? GB's OL problems are on the inside, they have one of the better sets of tackles in the league.
If Ferguson were to fall, the Packers can always take him and move guys around. For example, there's already been talk this year of putting Kevin Barry at right tackle and sliding Mark Tauscher to right guard. They could always put Ferguson at left tackle, move Clifton over to right tackle, and slide Tauscher inside. I'm not sure where that would leave Barry and a couple inside guys they think have a lot of promise though, so I think it's far more likely that they'd draft Hawk, who plays at a position where there's only one definite and one possible starter.

If Ferguson were to fall, the Packers can always take him and move guys around. For example, there's already been talk this year of putting Kevin Barry at right tackle and sliding Mark Tauscher to right guard. They could always put Ferguson at left tackle, move Clifton over to right tackle, and slide Tauscher inside. I'm not sure where that would leave Barry and a couple inside guys they think have a lot of promise though, so I think it's far more likely that they'd draft Hawk, who plays at a position where there's only one definite and one possible starter.
Thanks - I may have to edit my ESPN mock draft entry.

I'd be stunned if the Saints took Williams. They definitely don't need DE help.
Mario Williams: Visit With Saints on Tap

Update: Williams is set to visit the Saints on April 18 the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

Recommendation: Williams became more of a possibility in New Orleans after the Saints signed Drew Brees in the offseason. But the Saints, who pick second, are unwilling to tip their hand on who they will select or if they will trade down.

Williams would fill the void left by defensive end Darren Howard, who signed with the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Saints will likely draft Williams, but are also sure to entertain trade offers from the Tennessee Titans at No. 3 and the New York Jets at No. 4. New Orleans could trade with the Titans or Jets and still be in position to draft Williams.

I dont see Ferguson sliding to 8. I have a feeling he's destined for New Orleans, or the 2 hole....either or. Im still going to be surprised if Houston holds up and takes Bush. not that he wont go #1, but Ive got a gut feeling theyll not want to meet his financiall demands and will go with Williams. That guy will be a dominant D player for a long time. As a McGahee owner, I love your Buffalo pick with Winston Justice though. Theyd be tempted to go DT as well, but I agree with your thinking here. They need to follow that up with a G in rd 2. Cutler to MN at 17? I makes sense, but I think some kindof trade will be made by a team to move up for either Leinart or Cutler that will have all 3 Qs going top 10. if Cutler is there for AZ at 10, Im thinking he's a goner....even though they do have other needs.

Im the most intrigued by where alot of these LBs will fall. I dont recall a draft with as many solid LBs coveted. Not nessecarily early picks, but overall depth. Teams will get some real valuable players/picks in this area, imo. I wouldnt be shocked if Hawk slips a little because of the depth at the position. Vernon Davis is the most overvalued player on the board, imo. I like his speed, but I just dont buy into taking any TE that early in a draft....even a guy with those kindof measureables. TE is still a blocking position by nature, so if he's not an elite blocker, what difference does it make if he runs sub 4.4? I think he'll fall out of the top 10. Every team drafting there has far greater needs, imo.

Good job, NER. I love your stuff and always appreciate your efforts.

Nice mock draft, my boy!

A couple of notes on the Rams at 11... If the draft unfolds this way they will take Brodrick Bunkley. Their man-crush for him is the worst kept secret in town.

If Bunkley is gone and Cutler is there, they will either take Cutler or trade back and let someone else take him. Again, this isn't as rock solid as the Bunkley info, but seems to have some legs.

Do with it what you will...

Actually, both Greenway and Sims would be better suited to a 4-3. Sims is too small for 3-4 OLB. Those guys are usually 250+ lbs.Greenway, if you look at the tape, was very ineffective shedding blocks. He is a great leader and is very knowledgeable. But he needs to be protected. Thus a 4-3 for him as well.

I thought it would be fun to enter one of the rookie mock drafts online...so here is my first attempt at a rookie mock draft ever!
Nice. I think some probable misses have been isolated, but this looks very close to my mock. Closer than anything else I have seen. I like Young to the Titans and I think it throws things off just about the way you laid out the top ten. Mine differs some, but mostly later. A good first effort.

Indy wont take a RB in the first or second round, unless a cant miss RB falls to them .

The only cant miss in this draft ( according to most but not to me )

is Bush .

All the others should normally be 2nd and 3rd rounder.

D Williams is nothing special , White is a fat , slow headcase.

Maroney , cant see him as a starter in the NFL , he is a very very average back .

SO Indy wont risk on any of those RB's , they will either start Rhodes or get their RB via trade.

Hi All,

I added my commentary for what I was thinking, and changed a few picks from my original posted draft. I posted it over my original draft.

Here are the picks I changed:

22 22 San Francisco - Mathius Kiwanuka, DE (originally Jonathan Joseph, CB)

23 23 Tampa Bay – Jonathan Joseph, CB (originally Eric Winston, OT)

31 31 Seattle – Kelley Jennings, CB (originally Jason Allen, S)

32 32 Pittsburgh - Jason Allen, S (originally Daniel Bullocks, S)

Thanks for all of the input so far. I give credit to all you guys that do this all the time. I found it extremely difficult with so many different players that could fill a teams pressing need.

I thought of making Ferguson the first pick for the 49ers like some suggested here, but still thinking about it. That would really change many of my picks in the beginning based on the trickle down affect.

6 6 San Francisco - D'brickashaw Ferguson

7 7 Oakland - Michael Huff, S

8 8 Buffalo – Vernon Davis, TE

Or

6 6 San Francisco - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT

7 7 Oakland - Vernon Davis, TE

As for the input about the Rams, it would be very easy just to change my pick between the Rams and the Ravens. Williams could be good for the Ravens since they loss CB Deion Sanders and S Will Demps in FA.

Thought I would give some trades a though based on how players were landing.

If Jay Cutler does end up on another team (i.e Arizona) before my Vikings pick, could they still trade that pick to Atlanta for Matt Schaub? I am not sure what the asking price was.

32 32 Pittsburgh - Jason Allen, S: I originally had Daniel Bullocks, S here, but with my change with the Seahawks, I think Allen will be the choice instead. They could go so many ways, including C, RB or WR. Based on four RBs off the board, and three WRs, I don’t see the Steelers reaching here. (Alternate: Nick Mangold, C)
first of all, good job nerangers, i enjoyed the readsecond of all, i have reason to believe that the steelers, barring Lendale White already taken, will go after USC's Darnell Bing -- from what i've heard they brought him in for an interview and seems to be a steelers kind of guy and made a good impression with the coaching staff. Especially since Polamalu being from USC, it'd be pretty cool to have 2 guys from there.

NFL | Cutler could fall in the NFL Draft

Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:34:24 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler could fall to No. 16 or No. 17 in the first round of the NFL Draft, if the Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals don't take him with the No. 9 and No. 10 picks. Cutler could fall to the Miami Dolphins at No. 16 or the Minnesota Vikings at No. 17. :thumbup:

Must have looked at my mock! lol

Bears | Manning Jr. officially joins team

Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:23:04 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports the Chicago Bears officially signed CB Ricky Manning Jr., as the Carolina Panthers declined to match the offer sheet Manning signed with the Bears. The Bears will send their third round pick, No. 88 overall, to the Panthers as compensation for Manning.

Guess they wont be drafting a CB in the first round...fix your mocks accordingly.

NFL | Cutler could fall in the NFL Draft

Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:34:24 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler could fall to No. 16 or No. 17 in the first round of the NFL Draft, if the Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals don't take him with the No. 9 and No. 10 picks. Cutler could fall to the Miami Dolphins at No. 16 or the Minnesota Vikings at No. 17. :thumbup:

Must have looked at my mock! lol

Bears | Manning Jr. officially joins team

Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:23:04 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports the Chicago Bears officially signed CB Ricky Manning Jr., as the Carolina Panthers declined to match the offer sheet Manning signed with the Bears. The Bears will send their third round pick, No. 88 overall, to the Panthers as compensation for Manning.

Guess they wont be drafting a CB in the first round...fix your mocks accordingly.

I wouldnt go that far. Signing Manning does nothing for them if hes in prison.

Includes a Viking/Ram trade :excited:

1 1 Houston - Reggie Bush, RB: Definitely the #1 draft pick of the draft and it looks like a contract will be signed in time for the draft.

2 2 New Orleans - Mario Williams, DE: This pick could easily be D'brickashaw Ferguson, but from what I read online, it seems the Saints have Williams and Hawk higher on their draft board. The Saints would probably be willing to trade down with the Titans and Jets, but no further. I think they still would get Williams.

3 3 Tennessee - Vince Young, QB: Lienart makes more since here, but I still think the pick will be Young. I think Volek will start, and groom the next QB. General Manager Floyd Reese likes Vince Young, so that is the pick. Rumor also that Kerry Collins might be signed.

(Updated 4/27) 4 4 N.Y. Jets - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT: (original draft: Matt Leinart, QB) Rumor is the Jets will pass on a QB, so they could probably afford to listen to a few trade offers. Look for the Raiders and the Vikings to look to move up. I think Oakland was hoping for Vince Young, but Leinart would be a good pickup. The Vikings are looking for Culter. Unless they think they can trade down and get Ferguson, this deal does not get done.

5 5 Green Bay - A.J. Hawk, LB: From everything I read, this pick just makes sense. Rumor is they are also interested in TE Vernon Davis now that Farve is coming back.

(Updated 4/27) 6 6 San Francisco - Vernon Davis, TE: (original draft: Michael Huff, S): OK, I believe…SF will go offense first and defense with the latter pick.

(Updated 4/27) 7 7 Oakland - Matt Leinart, QB: (original draft: Vernon Davis, TE) Oakland did not have to move up to get their QB of the future (don’t read so much into the Aaron Brooks signing, the need is still there).

(Updated 4/27) 8 8 Buffalo - Winston Justice, OT (original draft: D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT): I actually tried to work it out that the Vikings trade up here and get Culter ahead of Arizona, Miami, and the Rams. Just could not get it done.

(Updated 4/27) 9 9 Detroit - Michael Huff, S: (original draft: Winston Justice, OT): Still think SF should take Huff, but everything I read makes it sound they will go Defense later. Detroit gets a top player.

10 10 Arizona - Haloti Ngata, DT: Most Arizona fans don’t think the Cardinals would take Cutler here, so adding a tackle seemed to make sense. Cutler is one of those players that could slide in the draft the same way Rogers did last year. Could the Vikings try to trade up here thinking Arizona will grab Cutler?

(Updated 4/27) 11 11 (TRADE) Vikings – Jay Cutler, QB: (original draft St. Louis - Jimmy Williams, DB): With Arizona not taking Cutler, The Vikings move up to get past Miami and the Broncos. Although the Rams could also go QB, I think they will pass on Cutler. The Rams were the only team I could see the Vikings trading with, and still getting the players they want at #17.

12 12 Cleveland - Kamerion Wimbley, DE: Cleveland was looking at Ngata and Wimbley and Wimbley is still here. This pick could also end up being Bunkley in place of Wimbley.

13 13 Baltimore - Brodrick Bunkley, DT: Someone in the middle could not hurt the Ravens.

14 14 Philadelphia - Chad Jackson, WR: TO gone, WR drafted. (Alternate: Ernie Sims, LB)

15 15 Denver - Santonio Holmes, WR: Well they could not trade up to get TE Davis, so WR will have to do.

16 16 Miami - Manny Lawson, DE/OLB: Tough call here. I originally thought of putting Cromartie with the Dolphins, being a prospect that Nick Saban recruited for LSU. OLB seems more of a need though for the Dolphins.

(Updated 4/27) 17 17 (TRADE) St. Louis - Jimmy Williams, DB (original draft: Minnesota - Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt): Rams move down, gain some draft picks, and still get the targeted player. Not bad.

18 18 Dallas - Ernie Sims, LB: Sims does not drop past the Cowboys. Either Sims or Lawson to play in Dallas’ 3-4 scheme. (Alternate: Donte Whitner, S)

19 19 San Diego - Tye Hill, CB: Good fit to fill a big need.

20 20 Kansas City - Antonio Cromartie, CB: Went Corner here since two of the top WRs are off the board. Both CB and WR are pressing needs.

21 21 New England - DeAngelo Williams, RB: Tough pick, but great value - if not then I think the Pats will draft LB Bobby Carpenter or Demeco Ryans. CB will have to wait till the second round.

22 22 San Francisco - Mathius Kiwanuka, DE: This is based on the 49ers not getting Mario Williams with the #6 pick. There is a need at DE with the loss of both Andre Carter and Julian Peterson during the off-season. I originally had CB Jonathan Joseph here, but DE seems more pressing.

23 23 Tampa Bay – Jonathan Joseph, CB: I originally had Eric Winston, OT here, but I read that Tampa Bay signed OT Torrin Tucker, So I am rethinking this pick. Now that I changed my SF pick as well, I think CB would be a good pick here.

24 24 Cincinnati - Donte Whitner, S: Local guy makes good on the home team. Whitner should be able to play Safety or Cornerback.

25 25 N.Y. Giants - Bobby Carpenter, LB: LB was listed as the G-Men’s biggest weakness, so with Carpenter still on the board, it seemed to be a good pick.

26 26 Chicago - Sinorice Moss, WR: With Ricky Manning Signed, CB is not as pressing an issue. WR is still a glaring need, and with two off the board, I think they will pick Moss. Chicago is trying to trade out of the first round.

(Updated 4/27) 27 27 Carolina - Chad Greenway, LB: (original draft: Demeco Ryans, LB) Who do you believe…do they take a RB or a LB. If RB, I read that they like Lendale White. They have Foster, so I think they go LB here.

(Updated 4/27) 28 28 Jacksonville – Thomas Howard, OLB/S (Original Draft LenDale White, RB): Changing my mind here…Lendale White slides further.

(Updated 4/27) 29 29 N.Y. Jets - Demeco Ryans, LB (original draft: Chad Greenway, LB): I think Ryans helps the Jets more than Lendale White does, but the Jets really could go RB here.

30 30 Indianapolis - Laurence Maroney, RB: Dominic Rhodes will be the starter, but having an additional RB can not hurt the Colts. Two are off the board, so I think they go with Maroney over White. Everything I read says the Colts like Maroney…I think White would suit them more.

31 31 Seattle – Kelley Jennings, CB: Talks with Ty Law are off, so with a few good CBs left, the Seahawks fill a pressing need in the secondary. I originally had Jason Allen, S here, but think the Seahawks go with a CB.

(Updated 4/27) 32 32 Pittsburgh – LenDale White, RB (Original Draft Jason Allen, S): Don’t hate me Steeler fans, but I don’t think they would pass up on White dropping like this. Too early to grab C, and the three top WRs are gone.

2 2 New Orleans - Mario Williams, DE: This pick could easily be D'brickashaw Ferguson, but from what I read online, it seems the Saints have Williams and Hawk higher on their draft board. The Saints would probably be willing to trade down with the Titans and Jets, but no further. I think they still would get Williams.
I don't think anyone would argue that Hawk fills the biggest need for the Saints, but Also not many would argue that Williams is the 2nd BPA in the entire class. Seems the Saints tipped their hand in their strategy and theyll go with the BPA even though they already have Grant and Smith. N.O. has, however essentially used a three-man rotation with the latter two + Darren Howard for the past couple years.

I thought it made sense when they let go of Howard as Smith and Grant seemed to have established themselves as above-average starters.

Oddly, Grant somehow found his way into the dog house with coaching/management, which triggered trade rumors. So if they do draft Williams, I expect those rumors to get even louder, though I don't know how much they can get for him. Javon Walker for Grant + 3rd Rounder?

I think there is more of a chance they take Hawk than D'Brick, but for now I think Williams is the pick.

3 3 Tennessee - Vince Young, QB: Lienart makes more since here, but I still think the pick will be Young. I think Volek will start, and groom the next QB. General Manager Floyd Reese likes Vince Young, so that is the pick. Rumor also that Kerry Collins might be signed.
By now, I think everyone figures that this pick will be a QB. Funny, Michael Smith of ESPN.com has stated that he is "more sure of VY going to the Titans than anything in this draft."

I'll let it be known that he also was the one who apparantly started the Donald Driver rumors and says that he thinks the Texans should take Mario Williams.

I do not think McNair's future has any bearing on this pick. Yes, they would probably like a QB who could start this year (if needed) if McNair was gone. And yes, Leinart is that guy. But do you really think this little fact would change their draft board? By now they probably know their guy. Both guys make sense. I think Young will turn into a better pro if well-coached, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was Leinart.

(Updated 4/27) 4 4 N.Y. Jets - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT: (original draft: Matt Leinart, QB) Rumor is the Jets will pass on a QB, so they could probably afford to listen to a few trade offers. Look for the Raiders and the Vikings to look to move up. I think Oakland was hoping for Vince Young, but Leinart would be a good pickup. The Vikings are looking for Culter. Unless they think they can trade down and get Ferguson, this deal does not get done.
There are also alot of rumors that the Jets may trade UP from their second 1st Rounder with the Ravens to get Cutler. Either way I agree with this pick.
(Updated 4/27) 7 7 Oakland - Matt Leinart, QB: (original draft: Vernon Davis, TE) Oakland did not have to move up to get their QB of the future (don’t read so much into the Aaron Brooks signing, the need is still there).
Agreed. The QB not drafted by the Titans will probably fall to the Raiders. If it's Vince Young, I absolutly love his potential. I've always thought of him as a Culpepper clone. Same stregths (awesome size, strength) and weaknesses (sometimes lets the ball float). With Randy Moss... well, it's just too obvious.Knowing Al Davis, he'll probably get sick and tired of Brooks halfway through the season and try inserting Young, which I think would be a huge mistake.

10 10 Arizona - Haloti Ngata, DT: Most Arizona fans don’t think the Cardinals would take Cutler here, so adding a tackle seemed to make sense. Cutler is one of those players that could slide in the draft the same way Rogers did last year. Could the Vikings try to trade up here thinking Arizona will grab Cutler?
I think this is a little bit of a reach. Not to say Ngata doesn't deserve to be top 10. But that Arizona has pretty much solidified this position this offseason. Russell Davis got a nice chunk of $$ and Darnell Dockett looks like he can develop into something special. Though I guess it wouldn't be far fetched to see Dockett move to DE eventually.
(Updated 4/27) 11 11 (TRADE) Vikings – Jay Cutler, QB: (original draft St. Louis - Jimmy Williams, DB): With Arizona not taking Cutler, The Vikings move up to get past Miami and the Broncos. Although the Rams could also go QB, I think they will pass on Cutler. The Rams were the only team I could see the Vikings trading with, and still getting the players they want at #17.
If the Jets/Ravens trade rumors are true, then the Vikings would be smart to make this trade. They have the extra picks, and Cutler has got to be higher on their board than anyone left at this point (though Sims would be a great fit as well)As a Vikes fan, I would love to see them make this trade if it only means giving up a 3rd rounder.

21 21 New England - DeAngelo Williams, RB: Tough pick, but great value - if not then I think the Pats will draft LB Bobby Carpenter or Demeco Ryans. CB will have to wait till the second round.
My home team, as is yours ranger, I think you have this about as figured out as I do. (Though nobody knows what BB's board really looks like)I think it would be reeeal hard for him to pass on Williams. I think one of the only guys he would consider passing on Williams for is Bobby Carpenter.

22 22 San Francisco - Mathius Kiwanuka, DE: This is based on the 49ers not getting Mario Williams with the #6 pick. There is a need at DE with the loss of both Andre Carter and Julian Peterson during the off-season. I originally had CB Jonathan Joseph here, but DE seems more pressing.
9ers will definitly take the BPA on the D side. They need every position on D, no exceptions. Not sure Kiwi is the guy they need as he seems like more of a situational player in the NFL.
OLB was definitly the biggest need. But that was before they signed Arrington. They still have some holes at LB, and yeah, it would be cute if Carpenter ended up where his dad played... but the bigger need now might be DB. Could also reach on Moss or trade down.I'm in the same boat, getting my "research" from the "experts"...and some very informative info from USA today (scout.com) and Mock Draft muncher

Check out My mock and lemmie know what you think.

There is a need at DE yes, but Kiwi is a 4-3 DE. He can absolutely NOT play as a 3-4 DE.

There is a need at DE yes, but Kiwi is a 4-3 DE. He can absolutely NOT play as a 3-4 DE.
Good info...I tried to find someone that fit this criteria, but Wimbley was the name that kept coming up and I just don't see him sliding to them. Any suggestions here? A lot of drafts have a CB here.

2 2 New Orleans - Mario Williams, DE: This pick could easily be D'brickashaw Ferguson, but from what I read online, it seems the Saints have Williams and Hawk higher on their draft board.  The Saints would probably be willing to trade down with the Titans and Jets, but no further.  I think they still would get Williams.
I don't think anyone would argue that Hawk fills the biggest need for the Saints, but Also not many would argue that Williams is the 2nd BPA in the entire class. Seems the Saints tipped their hand in their strategy and theyll go with the BPA even though they already have Grant and Smith. N.O. has, however essentially used a three-man rotation with the latter two + Darren Howard for the past couple years.

I thought it made sense when they let go of Howard as Smith and Grant seemed to have established themselves as above-average starters.

Oddly, Grant somehow found his way into the dog house with coaching/management, which triggered trade rumors. So if they do draft Williams, I expect those rumors to get even louder, though I don't know how much they can get for him. Javon Walker for Grant + 3rd Rounder?

I think there is more of a chance they take Hawk than D'Brick, but for now I think Williams is the pick.

3 3 Tennessee - Vince Young, QB:  Lienart makes more since here, but I still think the pick will be Young.  I think Volek will start, and groom the next QB.  General Manager Floyd Reese likes Vince Young, so that is the pick.  Rumor also that Kerry Collins might be signed.
By now, I think everyone figures that this pick will be a QB. Funny, Michael Smith of ESPN.com has stated that he is "more sure of VY going to the Titans than anything in this draft."

I'll let it be known that he also was the one who apparantly started the Donald Driver rumors and says that he thinks the Texans should take Mario Williams.

I do not think McNair's future has any bearing on this pick. Yes, they would probably like a QB who could start this year (if needed) if McNair was gone. And yes, Leinart is that guy. But do you really think this little fact would change their draft board? By now they probably know their guy. Both guys make sense. I think Young will turn into a better pro if well-coached, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was Leinart.

(Updated 4/27) 4 4 N.Y. Jets - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT:  (original draft:  Matt Leinart, QB) Rumor is the Jets will pass on a QB, so they could probably afford to listen to a few trade offers.  Look for the Raiders and the Vikings to look to move up.  I think Oakland was hoping for Vince Young, but Leinart would be a good pickup.  The Vikings are looking for Culter.  Unless they think they can trade down and get Ferguson, this deal does not get done.
There are also alot of rumors that the Jets may trade UP from their second 1st Rounder with the Ravens to get Cutler. Either way I agree with this pick.
(Updated 4/27) 7 7 Oakland - Matt Leinart, QB:  (original draft:  Vernon Davis, TE) Oakland did not have to move up to get their QB of the future (don’t read so much into the Aaron Brooks signing, the need is still there).
Agreed. The QB not drafted by the Titans will probably fall to the Raiders. If it's Vince Young, I absolutly love his potential. I've always thought of him as a Culpepper clone. Same stregths (awesome size, strength) and weaknesses (sometimes lets the ball float). With Randy Moss... well, it's just too obvious.Knowing Al Davis, he'll probably get sick and tired of Brooks halfway through the season and try inserting Young, which I think would be a huge mistake.

10 10 Arizona - Haloti Ngata, DT:  Most Arizona fans don’t think the Cardinals would take Cutler here, so adding a tackle seemed to make sense.  Cutler is one of those players that could slide in the draft the same way Rogers did last year.  Could the Vikings try to trade up here thinking Arizona will grab Cutler?
I think this is a little bit of a reach. Not to say Ngata doesn't deserve to be top 10. But that Arizona has pretty much solidified this position this offseason. Russell Davis got a nice chunk of $$ and Darnell Dockett looks like he can develop into something special. Though I guess it wouldn't be far fetched to see Dockett move to DE eventually.
(Updated 4/27) 11 11 (TRADE) Vikings – Jay Cutler, QB: (original draft St. Louis - Jimmy Williams, DB):  With Arizona not taking Cutler, The Vikings move up to get past Miami and the Broncos.  Although the Rams could also go QB, I think they will pass on Cutler.  The Rams were the only team I could see the Vikings trading with, and still getting the players they want at #17. 
If the Jets/Ravens trade rumors are true, then the Vikings would be smart to make this trade. They have the extra picks, and Cutler has got to be higher on their board than anyone left at this point (though Sims would be a great fit as well)As a Vikes fan, I would love to see them make this trade if it only means giving up a 3rd rounder.

21 21 New England - DeAngelo Williams, RB: Tough pick, but great value - if not then I think the Pats will draft LB Bobby Carpenter or Demeco Ryans.  CB will have to wait till the second round.
My home team, as is yours ranger, I think you have this about as figured out as I do. (Though nobody knows what BB's board really looks like)I think it would be reeeal hard for him to pass on Williams. I think one of the only guys he would consider passing on Williams for is Bobby Carpenter.

22 22 San Francisco - Mathius Kiwanuka, DE:  This is based on the 49ers not getting Mario Williams with the #6 pick.  There is a need at DE with the loss of both Andre Carter and Julian Peterson during the off-season.  I originally had CB Jonathan Joseph here, but DE seems more pressing.
9ers will definitly take the BPA on the D side. They need every position on D, no exceptions. Not sure Kiwi is the guy they need as he seems like more of a situational player in the NFL.
25 25 N.Y. Giants - Bobby Carpenter, LB:  LB was listed as the G-Men’s biggest weakness, so with Carpenter still on the board, it seemed to be a good pick.
OLB was definitly the biggest need. But that was before they signed Arrington. They still have some holes at LB, and yeah, it would be cute if Carpenter ended up where his dad played... but the bigger need now might be DB. Could also reach on Moss or trade down.I'm in the same boat, getting my "research" from the "experts"...and some very informative info from USA today (scout.com) and Mock Draft muncher

Check out My mock and lemmie know what you think.
:goodposting: Thanks! I check out your mock as well. I will have to see if I think the Giants will change that pick. I heard they like CB Antonio Cromartie but I don't think he will be there, and the Giants are not planning on trading up with only 6 picks.

great list..any chance the Giants take Maroney instead of Carpenter or any Defensive player? Tiki isn't getting any younger , the backfield they have is a mess and if Barber goes down,the season is shot..Maroney,IMO, is the best RB in the draft, after Bush...

while I know the G-men need defensive help, I'd love to see them get their RB of the future at tomorrow's draft!

great list..any chance the Giants take Maroney instead of Carpenter or any Defensive player? Tiki isn't getting any younger , the backfield they have is a mess and if Barber goes down,the season is shot..Maroney,IMO, is the best RB in the draft, after Bush...

while I know the G-men need defensive help, I'd love to see them get their RB of the future at tomorrow's draft!
Giants are a tough team to predict. They don't have any glaring needs but they have LOTS of positions they could upgrade at.I think they'd definitly take DeAngelo Williams if he fell. Maroney is a possility too.

21 21 New England - DeAngelo Williams, RB: Tough pick, but great value - if not then I think the Pats will draft LB Bobby Carpenter or Demeco Ryans.  CB will have to wait till the second round.
I'm in total agreement with these comments. My wish list is Carpenter and then Williams. Unfortunately, my gut says it will be neither. As we approach the draft, I see more and more mocks that have Carpenter going to Dallas at 18. And, as I've said before, I have a hard time seeing the Pats taking a RB in round 1. So /knock on wood I guess. :ph34r: If it's neither of those guys, I think it will be whichever DB left on the board that Belichick and Pioli like best.

Quick change due to Mario Williams being signed by the Texans....personally that makes more sense.

I am sure someone will want to trade up for Bush, but for the meantime here is how I change up the first four picks...

1 1 Houston - Mario Williams, DE

2 2 New Orleans - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT

4 4 N.Y. Jets - Reggie Bush, RB (count your lucky stars!)

This is who I think will draft these players. I think the Jets and Saints might have to do a trade to get these players.

Includes a Viking/Ram trade

Think the Saints/Jet trade and get the players I have them listed with

1 1 Houston - Mario Williams, DE (changed Reggie Bush, RB) - though they should take Williams all along

2 2 New Orleans - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT (changed Mario Williams) - best player now for the Saints

4 4 N.Y. Jets - Reggie Bush, RB (changed D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT) - best chance of getting Bush now

6 6 San Francisco - Vernon Davis, TE

7 7 Oakland - Matt Leinart, QB

10 10 Arizona - Ernie Sims, LB (changed Haloti Ngata, DT) - Moving up the board

11 11 (TRADE) Vikings – Jay Cutler, QB

12 12 Cleveland - Haloti Ngata, DT (changed Kamerion Wimbley, DE) - favored over Wimbley

15 15 Denver - Santonio Holmes, WR

16 16 Miami - Antonio Cromartie, CB (changed Manny Lawson, DE/OLB) - read Miami really wants him

17 17 (TRADE) St. Louis - Jimmy Williams, DB

18 18 Dallas - Manny Lawson, DE/OLB (changed Ernie Sims, LB) - better fit for Dallas anyway

20 20 Kansas City - Jonathan Joseph, CB (changed Antonio Cromartie, CB) - still need the position

21 21 New England - DeAngelo Williams, RB

22 22 San Francisco - Kamerion Wimbley, DE (changed Mathius Kiwanuka, DE) - Better DE for their system

23 23 Tampa Bay - Mathius Kiwanuka, DE (changed Jonathan Joseph, CB) - fills a need

25 25 N.Y. Giants - Sinorice Moss, WR (changed Bobby Carpenter, LB) - Giants now have Arrington, and does not need Carpenter

26 26 Chicago - S/CB Jason Allen (changed Sinorice Moss, WR) - think the Bears will trade out of this pick altogether

27 27 Carolina - Chad Greenway, LB

28 28 Jacksonville – Thomas Howard, OLB/S

29 29 N.Y. Jets - Bobby Carpenter, LB (changed Demeco Ryans, LB) - Same position, different player

30 30 Indianapolis - Laurence Maroney, RB

31 31 Seattle – Kelley Jennings, CB

32 32 Pittsburgh – LenDale White, RB

Figure I would see where I went wrong....maybe get better at it for next year! LOL

Players correctly picked for team – Only 5

Players correct in the first round – 25 out of 32

I was close on getting the needed position right, but not the player since they were already drafted.

1 1 Houston Williams, Mario DE 6-7 294 North Carolina State - Had this one correct, since I always believed they needed him more than a RB. :thumbup:

2 2 New Orleans Bush, Reggie RB 5-11 200 Southern California – Thought the Saints would draft him and then trade with the Jets for Ferguson

3 3 Tennessee Young, Vince QB 6-5 228 Texas – Was correct here, GM wins out over Coach :thumbup:

4 4 N.Y. Jets Ferguson, D'Brickashaw OT 6-6 313 Virginia – Had Bush being traded for Ferguson

5 5 Green Bay Hawk, A.J. OLB 6-1 247 Ohio State - Was correct here :thumbup:

6 6 San Francisco Davis, Vernon TE 6-3 256 Maryland - Was correct here :thumbup:

7 7 Oakland Huff, Michael SS 6-0 203 Texas - Didn’t think Oakland would pass on Leinart, but did have Huff as a consideration for them

8 8 Buffalo Whitner, Donte SS 5-10 203 Ohio State – Nope, not even close, though I doubt many were. Had Winston Justice, OT who dropped like a stone in this draft (character issues). Everyone thinks the Bills reached here though

9 9 Detroit Sims, Ernie OLB 5-11 232 Florida State – I had Huff here, but he is already off the board.

10 10 Arizona Leinart, Matt QB 6-5 224 Southern California – I didn’t think Arizona would take Culter, or move up – Never thought Leinart would be here. I had Ernie Sims, LB here. I seem to be off by one

11 11 Denver (from St. Louis) Cutler, Jay QB 6-3 225 Vanderbilt – I got the trade right with the Rams, just the wrong team (thought it would be the Vikings at this slot taking Cutler and Denver taking WR Holmes – the Walker trade ended that need though)

12 12 Baltimore (from Cleveland) Ngata, Haloti DT 6-4 337 Oregon – Had the right position, but the wrong personnel – the trade is the reason (had Brodrick Bunkley going to the Ravens and Cleveland taking Ngata here)

13 13 Cleveland (from Baltimore) Wimbley, Kamerion DE 6-3 241 Florida State – Kept flip flopping between Wimbley and Ngata (probably why they did the trade knowing they would get one of them. Had Bunkley going to the Ravens here.

14 14 Philadelphia Bunkley, Brodrick DT 6-3 307 Florida State – not even close – thought Chad Jackson would be the first WR taken (good news for the Pats though) Many didn’t have the Eagles taking a WR in the first round, so I probably should have followed suit.

15 15 St. Louis (from Atlanta through Denver) Hill, Tye CB 5-9 186 Clemson – Right position, wrong personnel (Had Jimmy Williams who dropped in the draft, and the Broncos taking Holmes at this slot)

16 16 Miami Allen, Jason CB 6-1 208 Tennessee – Right position, wrong personnel – picked the wrong one recruited by Saban (had Antonio Cromartie)

17 17 Minnesota Greenway, Chad OLB 6-3 243 Iowa – Had the Viking trading up for Cutler – and they tried. I had Green way down my draft board though, and Jimmy Williams being drafted by the Rams here.

18 18 Dallas Carpenter, Bobby OLB 6-3 255 Ohio State – Right position, Wrong Personnel (had Manny Lawson)

19 19 San Diego Cromartie, Antonio CB 6-2 207 Florida State – Right position, Wrong Personnel (had Ty Hill who was already off the board)

20 20 Kansas City Hali, Tamba DE 6-3 275 Penn State – Nope, not even close, and did not have him in my top 32 (had Jonathan Joseph, CB)

21 21 New England Maroney, Laurence RB 6-0 216 Minnesota – Right position, wrong personnel (had Deangelo Williams)

22 22 San Francisco (from Washington through Denver) Lawson, Manny OLB 6-5 240 North Carolina State – Didn’t have Lawson dropping this low, so did not think it a consideration (had Kamerion Wimbley, DE who was also already off the board)

23 23 Tampa Bay Joseph, Davin G 6-3 312 Oklahoma - Nope not even close (had Mathius Kiwanuka, DE)

24 24 Cincinnati Joseph, Johnathan CB 5-11 192 South Carolina – I had Whitner who was gone at the #8 pick. Figured they were looking for a S or CB so I was close at the position

25 25 Pittsburgh (from N.Y. Giants) Holmes, Santonio WR 5-11 187 Ohio State – Didn’t have the Steelers moving up, although there were rumors about it, and had them taking an RB because in my mock both the top two WRs were taken (had the Steelers taking Lendale White, RB who dropped in the draft.). I did have the Giants taking the #3 WR here though, who they ended up with later.

26 26 Buffalo (from Chicago) McCargo, John DT 6-2 301 North Carolina State – The Rumor was that Chicago would move out of the second round and they did. I had S/CB Jason Allen going here, but was already drafted

27 27 Carolina Williams, DeAngelo RB 5-9 213 Memphis – Guess Williams was just too good to pass up. The fans were wrong, and the Panthers did grab an RB (had Chad Greenway, LB who was already drafted)

28 28 Jacksonville Lewis, Marcedes TE 6-6 262 UCLA – Knew TE was a need, just thought Lewis would drop to the second round. (had Thomas Howard, OLB/S)

29 29 N.Y. Jets (from Denver) Mangold, Nick C 6-4 299 Ohio State – Everyone thought Mangold would drop to the second round. Again they were wrong. Teams tend to fill pressing needs no matter where others think they should be ranked (had Bobby Carpenter, LB who was already drafted)

30 30 Indianapolis Addai, Joseph RB 5-11 215 Louisiana State – Right position, wrong personnel – Maroney was already off the board (to the Pats)

31 31 Seattle Jennings, Kelly CB 5-11 179 Miami (Fla.) - Wow, finally got another one right! :thumbup:

32 32 N.Y. Giants (from Pittsburgh) Kiwanuka, Mathias DE 6-6 265 Boston College – Nope, not close.

Users who are viewing this thread