What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEW DYNASTY LEAGUE FOR 09 (1 Viewer)

pricege

Footballguy
With so much interest in a new dynasty league for the 09 season I decided that I would start it. This will be a 16 team IDP league with performance based scoring. Entry fee is $100. League link is posted below. Anyone interested should look over the league scoring and bylaws and if they are still interested or have questions feel free to contact me with them. If you are interested in joining please email me a bit about yourself. I want to do my best to ensure we get 16 solid owners with experience and intent to stick around for a while. Prospective owners will be screened and selected at my earliest convenience. (within 24 hours max) Thanks for your interest.

George

pricege@yahoo.com

http://www12.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/50718

With so much interest in a new dynasty league for the 09 season I decided that I would start it. This will be a 16 team IDP league with performance based scoring. Entry fee is $100. League link is posted below. Anyone interested should look over the league scoring and bylaws and if they are still interested or have questions feel free to contact me with them. If you are interested in joining please email me a bit about yourself. I want to do my best to ensure we get 16 solid owners with experience and intent to stick around for a while. Prospective owners will be screened and selected at my earliest convenience. (within 24 hours max) Thanks for your interest.

George

pricege@yahoo.com

http://www12.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/50718
Thanks, but 'sorry'-- there are 2 'deal-breakers' for me:1. IDP

2. 16 team league I don't even like 14 teamers, either

Thanks for offering.

Several people have inquired about the league so far. Most have had the same concern. 16 teams. With this in mind the league is being dropped to 12 teams. The playoffs and prize money will be the only things affected and the bylaws will be updated to show these changes tomorrow evening Jan 27th.

That "random hat draw" for the initial draft order is an interesting format. I'd think a bones roll would be a better idea.

Having the eight (four) teams not making the playoffs compete for the #1-#4 first slots in the rookie draft is also an interesting concept, the number nine team getting the #1 choice means some marginal teams are better off tanking the final week(s) and perhaps being in a position to dominate the lower end of the spectrum....thereby snagging the #1 Rookie choice.

Some detailed stuff, there.

I'll re-read them tomorrow...the rules...and try to figure out the process. The font and font size has to go.....squinting don't cut it.

Have you ever commished a 35 roster format with a PK, PN and a KR crammed into the roster? It's dicey geting PK(s) into a 32 roster IDP lineup; you've gotta really pay attention to the lineup composition. Stuffing PN(s) and KR(s) into a 35 roster set-up is an interesting concept. I'm not sure an extra roster spot isn't a good idea.

Toads you have several valid points. That is why we are going to have a rule evaluation period in the league as well as discussing it in this forum. A dice roll is probably a better idea. The PN and KR are in place so that we can utilize all 3 aspects of the game however if it becomes necessary we can expand the roster. The league is totally flexible.

Several changes have been made to the league. They are briefly mentioned below. To see the league as it stands now please see league bylaws. Thank you

Highlights of changes

1. changed from 16 teams to 12 teams

2. 2 sets of playoffs now. One for championship and one for consolation. Consolation winner also receives cash prize.

3. Roster has been increased to 38 roster spots

Also because of the changes to the league a new thread has been created. The NFL Experience thread is where this league will be posted for entry and further discussion. Thank you.

George

$100 entry fee is a little steep in this economy. Best of luck to you, though. It looks like a good setup.

Users who are viewing this thread