What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEW KIND OF SEMI-DYNASTY - 2 spots left (1 Viewer)

foursport

Footballguy
THIS IS A BRAND NEW LEAGUE - 10 TEAMS IN ALREADY!!

2008 Everything But The... Dynasty

It's an auction

It's a draft

It's a Dynasty - BUT - not for anyone obtained in the auction phase

You don't have to set lineups - you get the best scoring lineup possible

There are free agent moves - BUT - they are limited to 6 per season

There is no trading

SO - you get to challenge yourself mostly in the AUCTION and DRAFT phases - you don't have to kill yourself during the season BUT you will still have to pay attention. Can you buy/draft the best possible team? Will you use your free agents wisely to build for future years?

You get some of the best elements of various leagues thrown into one jumbled up ton of fun - auction, draft, Kentucky derby style draft positioning, 3rd round reversal, dual flex, no lineup setting, limited free agency, dynasty but not killer ones, weekly prizes and seasonal prizes!

I) League Fees and Prize Money

Entry fee is $150 per owner.

The total prize money is $1,700 based on:

$1,800 Total Entry Fee of Twelve Owners

$100 Cost of Website and PayPal Expenses

Prizes are:

$600 Super Bowl Winner

$400 Super Bowl Runner-Up

$250 Third Place and $150 to Fourth Place

$300 Prize of $25 each week of fantasy regular season (Weeks 1-14) for High Score

http://www34.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/77149 is the main page

The full rules page is here -- http://football34.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=77149&O=26

Currently thinking of starting the auction phase on August 2 or so subject to the league filling - contact me with questions - feel free to ask around - I have been doing this for many many years with tons of leagues and have a solid rep!

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
<BUMP>

I advertised the league without finishing the rules - how stupid of me :confused:

The full rules are now up and there are 4 owners in - looking for 8 more

We are still looking for a few more owners - this should be an interesting league and format to say the least!

Jim

GOOD QUESTION FROM SOMEONE

"I was looking at your everything but the dynasty league. For the auction portion how are players nominated? When do you anticipate holding the draft, and will it be live of slow (ie xx hours per pick)?"

ANSWER

Players are nominated by owners at any time - meaning that there will be several players out there on open auction at any given time. This creates a bidding war and lots of timing, patience and strategy to land your players. Auctions end 24 hours after the last bid increase on a player.

IF we start that on August 2 - I think the auction piece will be over by August 16th or so and we can start the draft at that time - slow online draft with 12 hours on the clock.

Jim

Folks - there are still 4 openings - this one is pretty innovative (or at least I think so) - come play with us :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread