What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Draft Trade Scenario (1 Viewer)

What do you do if you're the Raiders GM?

• Stay at #7 and take QB Jay Cutler.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at #7 and take TE Vernon Davis.

• Trade down to #11 and hopefully take QB Jay Cutler at #11.

• Total voters

MrPhoenix

Ron Paul Soldier
I presented the idea of the Rams trading up from #11 to Oakland's #7 should the 49ers skip over Vernon Davis in my mock draft. Now, if Tennessee grabs Vince Young at #3 and the Jets take Leinart at #4, this would mean that there would only be Cutler available as a bonafide 1st round QB.

Now, I know Al Davis has a hard-on for Vince Young reportedly, but if I recall, aren't the Raiders pretty high on Cutler? I could be wrong, I just remember reading something about that.

So, here you are, your Raiders are up to pick. Vernon Davis and Jay Cutler still sit available at #7. The Rams call you and want to offer this year's 1st and 3rd and next year's 4th for your #7 pick. What do you do?

1. Stay at #7 and take QB Jay Cutler.

2. Stay at #7 and take TE Vernon Davis.

3. Trade down to #11, grab extra picks and hopefully take QB Jay Cutler at #11.

I know there's a good stable of Raider fans here, so I should have no problem getting a response here. :thumbup:

Need a "none of the above" option for not taking a friggin' QB and going for defense where their holes are.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

You might as well remove the "Take VD at #7" option.......as SF passing on him just is not going to happen....unless Bush or Mario falls to #6.

Sorry man. :bye:

You might as well remove the "Take VD at #7" option.......as SF passing on him just is not going to happen....unless Bush or Mario falls to #6.

Hypothetical thinking down?Just a scenario, as I fully expect VD to go at #6.

When the Jets take Young at 1.4, someone nice will fall to the Raiders like Hawk.

Oakland does not need a QB as badly as everyone seems to think. Huff @ safety, Ngata @ DT, Hawk @ LB or Justice @ T seem more likely and they should have their choice picking 7th. Best case scenario, the Raiders trade w/ the Jets if Mario falls to the 4th.

When the Jets take Young at 1.4, someone nice will fall to the Raiders like Hawk.
I'm starting to think that's a very reasonable expectation.The question might become which of Hawk or VD San Fran takes.

Or, whats actually going to happen.

Raiders trade up to 1.2, take Vincent Young.
How do you see Oakland putting that offer together?

Or, whats actually going to happen.

Raiders trade up to 1.2, take Vincent Young.
Right. If they trade up for a qb, or even take a qb, which seems unlikely at this point, it's going to be Young. They love him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry man.  :bye:
Seems like the Jets might not want Young, since only the OC watched his workout with the team.

Users who are viewing this thread