What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Game Pass (1 Viewer)

Bruceman6

Footballguy
I’m sure many of you use NFL Game Pass or something similar. I never have before and I’m sure most of you probably use it to watch games live. This season though I am working on Sunday’s and am looking for a way to watch replays of games potentially on my off days.

I have seen NFL Game Pass has condensed replays which would probably be perfect for me. I’m curious though if they are just 45 minutes of highlights or if it is every single play from the game? If anyone has used Game Pass before any response would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone else has been in my situation before or a situation like mine what’s a way you watched replays of whole games or condensed games?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure many of you use NFL Game Pass or something similar. I never have before and I’m sure most of you probably use it to watch games live. This season though I am working on Sunday’s and am looking for a way to watch replays of games potentially on my off days.

I have seen NFL Game Pass has condensed replays which would probably be perfect for me. I’m curious though if they are just 45 minutes of highlights or if it is every single play from the game? If anyone has used Game Pass before any response would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone else has been in my situation before or a situation like mine what’s a way you watched replays of whole games or condensed games?

Thanks
With NFL Game Pass, you can watch a condensed version of the games which takes out the huddles and breaks, but you will see every play.  It is a great way to watch the games, to be honest. If you miss the mindless ramblings of some of the commentators, you also have the option to watch the game just as it was broadcast.  There are times I prefer to watch the full broadcast, as you do occasionally glean some insight from the commentators, but mostly I have just watched the condensed versions of the games.  This allows me to watch most of the games each week, and I find that is a huge advantage over just browsing box scores.  

Thanks
FWIW, if you live in the US, the only version of GamePass the NFL will sell you is the one with replays. They will not sell the version that allows you to watch live games in the US. There are obviously ways around that, but none that just allows straightforward purchase from them.

Obviously you are more interested in the replays so it would seemingly work for you, but just an FYI, for you.

The condensed replays would be so much better if they'd cut out the officials calling penalties. I wish they'd just flash a graphic or something with "Holding #67 Offense" or whatever

Just an FYI - if you have directtv, they’re like used car salesmen. 

I was a customer of theirs for 15 years, and every single year I’d call them up & say, “you know, I’m not home until the late game on Sundays, so I don’t need to pay $$$ for Sunday Ticket, and y’all are more $ than Comcast, so I’m gonna cancel my account.”

And id immediately get transferred to retention. 

From there, they would offer me a discount (nah) then offer 6 months of HBO & Showtime. I’d counter with, “well those don't interest me - how about Sunday Ticket?”

bam. Free. Every year for 10+ years.

it costs them thousands to acquire a new customer, so they want to keep you. It costs them virtually nothing to give you Sunday Ticket. 

You used to be able to watch coaches film too. For whatever reason they changed their perfectly good website into the slow and busy idiot thing they have up now. Apparently you do not currently have the option to watch the "all 22" during the preseason but will once the regular season starts. These games take a little longer than the condensed version if you watched the entire game. You could before pick which plays you wanted to watch. So I always skip special teams and stuff, or I would just watch plays relevant for whatever purpose I had, thus saving a lot of time. They changed everything though, so I can't say for certain if you'll still have the ability to view specific plays. Either way, for receivers especially, you get a lot more out of seeing the whole field.

With NFL Game Pass, you can watch a condensed version of the games which takes out the huddles and breaks, but you will see every play.  It is a great way to watch the games, to be honest. If you miss the mindless ramblings of some of the commentators, you also have the option to watch the game just as it was broadcast.  There are times I prefer to watch the full broadcast, as you do occasionally glean some insight from the commentators, but mostly I have just watched the condensed versions of the games.  This allows me to watch most of the games each week, and I find that is a huge advantage over just browsing box scores.  
Yeah...I had it a few years ago when my son was playing travel soccer and match days were Sundays.  (also was a time I was unable to get Directv to throw in the Ticket free that year).

My only complaint was some of the apps (I don't recall if it was my mobile app version, or the apple tv version, or the roku version at the time...when I opened the app the scoreboard was up.  So if I had gone media blackout and not already seen the scores to a Packers game...it was spoiled before watching the game.  Not all the apps did that...and I don't recall which one was the spoiler back then.  

But yeah...I loved it for the quick recap and some of the other options you had for things on there.

Feels like it has gone downhill. Living in an area where live games start at 2am I usually got the package minus the live games. Still had red zone and less than half the price . But this year doesn’t appear it exists now

Thanks
It's well worth the money, and the condensed games are perfect. Snap, play, tackle. Repeat.  

Users who are viewing this thread