What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL halts completely racist practice of assuming POC had bad brains to avoid liability, so uh, yay? (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
You know I really think I wouldn't be surprised by anything any more, but every day there's something new.
Right? I mean, what’s the difference between this & say, a headline like, “NFL offices have ended practice of segregated employee drinking fountains & bathrooms”?

Not much, tbh. 2021 and they just stopped officially assuming black people were naturally dumber, by policy. smdh. 

Right? I mean, what’s the difference between this & say, a headline like, “NFL offices have ended practice of segregated employee drinking fountains & bathrooms”?

Not much, tbh. 2021 and they just stopped officially assuming black people were naturally dumber, by policy. smdh. 
The bigger question is why am I just hearing about this now and here?    I read the news, I consider myself informed.   This should be a huge story and basically everyone in charge of the NFL should be tarred and feathered for not fixing this the moment someone noticed it. How did some random sports writer mining for /something/ to write about during the offseason not pick this up in the past two decades?  What the ever loving f bomb?

Edit - noticed the original link was an APnews link, so I opened my AP app.  Somehow the president pushing a "free beer" vacation incentive is above this.  Somehow this is not even in the top ten articles.

Last edited by a moderator:

:popcorn:

The bigger question is why am I just hearing about this now and here?    I read the news, I consider myself informed.   This should be a huge story and basically everyone in charge of the NFL should be tarred and feathered for not fixing this the moment someone noticed it. How did some random sports writer mining for /something/ to write about during the offseason not pick this up in the past two decades?  What the ever loving f bomb?

Edit - noticed the original link was an APnews link, so I opened my AP app.  Somehow the president pushing a "free beer" vacation incentive is above this.  Somehow this is not even in the top ten articles.
Because this reflects poorly on the owners. And the owners have money and influence. And the media bends its collective knees to those who have money and influence. Very sad, but very true. 

Now apply the same horror and outrage towards the criminal justice system, where the myth that POC are inherently more prone to crime is perpetuated by systemic, institutional racism. It is a toxic and absurd narrative that gets backed by "the numbers don't lie" argument that is hollow and ugly when examined closer.

I can guarantee you these baseline assumptions about cognitive function are based on educational demographics and test scores that *cannot* be separated from socioeconomic factors where systemic racism is rampant. But that isn't something to practically and effectively select out of the noise of the data either, so what does that leave?

Theoretically that is the question researchers are *now* going to dive into fully, now that they have correctly thrown out the stupid notion that POC have lower cognitive function than non POC. 

@FBG Moderator, based on the content standards of the Shark Pool Forum, IMHO, and based on the Title and content therein, there's probably a more appropriate place for this Thread, than here.

nittanylion said:
@FBG Moderator, based on the content standards of the Shark Pool Forum, IMHO, and based on the Title and content therein, there's probably a more appropriate place for this Thread, than here.
It’s a decision by the NFL and a current event about the NFL that was in the news yesterday. 

the topic title is 100% accurate. 

you have the option of scrolling past. :rolleyes:

I just learned that “race norming” was banned nationally in 1991.

so it’s not like the NFL will say, “well everyone was doing it”, because by the time they drafted this policy, literally no one was doing it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I see it a little differently. I think this proves how great America really is.

Because if these classless, moronic NFL owners can become gazillionaires...then there's nothing we all can't do! 

Users who are viewing this thread