What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Rising Stars (1 Viewer)

Ilov80s

Footballguy
The NBA does a Risings Stars competition with rookies and sophomores. I know the NFL does an All Rookie Team but what if we had to do the all 1st and 2nd Year Players? What's lineup of the best up and coming stars in the league? These great players on affordable deals are the true movers of the league.

I would nominate

QB: Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields
RB: Kenneth Walker, Najee Harris, Travis Etienne (really wanted to put Breece here but he just played so little)
WR: X Ja'marr Chase, Z- Jaylen Waddle, Slot- Amon Ra St Brown, WR4 Garrett Wilson
TE: Pat Friermouth, Kyle Pitts (going to give him the benefit of the doubt on season 2)
OL: LT Andrew Thomas, LG Landon Dickerson, C Tyler Lindenbaum, RG Penei Sewell, RT Rashan Slater (Slater has been so good despite the injury this year that we need a slot for him, Sewell could easily move to guard and be the best in the league)

Thoughts?

Anyone want to take a shot at defense?

Off the top of my head for defense

EDGE/OLB/MLB - Micah Parsons (queen piece on the chess board) (DAL), Kayvon Thibodeaux (NYG)
DT - Jordin Davis (PHI)
DE - Kwity Paye (IND), Greg Rousseau (BUF), George Karlaftis (KC)
LB - Chad Muma (JAX), Troy Andersen (ATL), Jack Sanborn (CHI), Quay Walker (GB), Nakobe Dean (PHI)
CB - Tariq Woolen (SEA), Ahmad Gardner (NYJ)
S - Jalen Pitre (HOU), Kyle Hamilton (BAL), Richie James (ATL), Talanoa Hufanga (SF)

Last edited:
Off the top of my head for defense

EDGE/OLB/MLB - Micah Parsons (queen piece on the chess board) (DAL), Kayvon Thibodeaux (NYG)
DT - Jordin Davis (PHI)
DE - Kwity Paye (IND), Greg Rousseau (BUF), George Karlaftis (KC)
LB - Chad Muma (JAX), Troy Anderson (ATL), Jack Sanborn (CHI), Quay Walker (GB), Nakobe Dean (PHI)
CB - Tariq Woolen (SEA), Ahmad Gardner (NYJ)
S - Jalen Pitre (HOU), Kyle Hamilton (BAL), Richie James (ATL), Talanoa Hufanga (SF)
Nice I know you play fantasy with D so that's helpful. I don't nearly have as good of a sense. I didn't realize Kwity had been doing so well, awesome story. You like him over Hutchinson?

You like him over Hutchinson?

Hutch was a pure oversight on my part. I have no idea how I bricked that. Travon Walker should be there, too.

It was really off of the top of my head. Paye has been really disruptive lately, though. I'm sure I'm missing other guys, too.

You like him over Hutchinson?

Hutch was a pure oversight on my part. I have no idea how I bricked that. Travon Walker should be there, too.

It was really off of the top of my head. Paye has been really disruptive lately, though. I'm sure I'm missing other guys, too.
Oh yeah, I am terrible on the defensive side of the ball. You hit on a lot of guys I didn't know were doing well (Like Kwaye and Muma). Muma was a guy I really liked for the Lions this year in the draft.

If there were a list of super cheap rising UDFAs, Miami's Kader Kohou would make the list. He's allowed a respectable 80 QB rating on passes going his way, on the most targets of any CB. He's been great at stopping WR screens. He needs to clean up the DPIs to go to the next level.

Anyone want to take a shot at defense?
Luvu may have already “arrived”, but yeah - he’s among the most productive linebackers I’ve seen in a while.

Also really like the trajectory of Kwitty Paye - but he’s no secret. He’s a dude who could pop into the top 5 next year. His overall game is phenomonal, but he needs to stay on the field. If he plays 16 games next year he’s gonna explode.

Julian Love is another guy I think has meat on the bone. This was a breakout season, but I think he’s got more to give. I love a green dot safety.

NO Saints:

WR Chris Olave - had better #s than Wilson until his injury
LB Peter Werner - was leading league in tackles before missing a couple of games
CB Alonte Taylor - early looking like a shutdown corner. His job on Davante Adams was nothing short of amazing

Users who are viewing this thread