What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Not a single 1,000 yard rusher (1 Viewer)

SuperJohn96

RPS World Champion
From Don Banks of SI.com

All those teams with high-profile running games are going by the wayside this month. Just look at the 1,000-yard rushers who are out of the playoffs: Atlanta's Michael Turner, Minnesota's Adrian Peterson, Tennessee's Chris Johnson, the Giants' Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward, and Carolina's DeAngelo Williams. Peterson, Turner and Williams were the league's top three rushers.Philadelphia's Brian Westbrook (936 yards) is the league's leading rusher who's still playing this season. Baltimore is led by McClain with 902 yards, and Arizona's Edgerrin James had just 514 yards in the regular season, although he has been re-born in the playoffs.
Wow...

I think most of these teams "starter" were hurt for a portion of the season.

Balt - RBBC

Pitt -FWP injured

Ariz - Edge was benched but they dont really run anyway

Philly - West was close and hurt, they dont run much either

I think most of these teams "starter" were hurt for a portion of the season.Balt - RBBC Pitt -FWP injuredAriz - Edge was benched but they dont really run anywayPhilly - West was close and hurt, they dont run much either
:own3d: FWP only played 11 games and rushed for 791 yardsMcClain rushed for 902 yards and had 2 games with only 2 attempts.Westbrook rushed for 936 yards in 13 1/2 games (I don't think he played in the 2nd half against Pitt)Arizona however, had no rushing game all year

I think most of these teams "starter" were hurt for a portion of the season.Balt - RBBC Pitt -FWP injuredAriz - Edge was benched but they dont really run anywayPhilly - West was close and hurt, they dont run much either
My thoughts as well. What a meaningless piece. The writer is trying to imply that a running game doesn't matter, but without looking it up my guess is that Baltimore and Pittsburgh are probably near the top of the list in rushing attempts - its just that they had injury and/or rotating backs.

My thoughts as well. What a meaningless piece. The writer is trying to imply that a running game doesn't matter, but without looking it up my guess is that Baltimore and Pittsburgh are probably near the top of the list in rushing attempts - its just that they had injury and/or rotating backs.
BAL - 1st in rush attempts, 4th in rush yards, 21st in yards per attempt (4.0), 27th in passing yardsPIT - 9th in rush attempts, 23rd in rush yards, 29th in yards per attempt (3.7), 15th in passing yardsPHI - 17th in rush attempts, 22nd in rush yards, 21st in yards per attempt (4.0), 6th in passing yardsARI - 32nd in rush attempts, 32nd in rush yards, 31st in yards per attempt (3.5), 2nd in passing yards

This just proves what I have said all along: A stud QB is much more important than a stud RB when it comes to postseason success, generally speaking.

Philly throws like a run and Westbrook has 1338 combined yards. I think they run a lot but do it with screens.

Users who are viewing this thread