What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Not Your Ordinary IDP only Fantasy League (Worth a Look) (1 Viewer)

Since your planning on writing a book about this, wouldn't it be worth the $70 investment to move this league to myfantasyleague.com? Then you will not be restricted by Yahoo's poor IDP set up.

if this remains a slow live draft, I'm interested. not sure I can be available if you do a fast live draft.

Interesting. In this format, Chris Gamble (or even a garden-variety, much-abused starting rookie CB) outscores Patrick Willis. And a pick-six is pretty much the equivalent of catching the golden snitch in a game of Quidditch. Not my cup of tea, but good luck with the book. It's certainly a novel scoring system.

I must have missed something- it looks to me like the only real differences are:

1. No offense, to simplify the league. (Fun to play with IDP fanatics, but overall not enough reason to join.)

2. Unusual scoring that awards "Big plays" vs tackles. (Not interested in this type of system, personally.)

3. Lots of open starting slots for IDPs. (Great. Half the IDP leagues feature open IDP slots.)

If there's something I didn't see please let me know.

I can be wrong (please Correct me)....But their isnt a Fantasy Football Strategy/Advice or Resource Avaibable for the type of Fantasy League Im about to Introduce tyou to.
So outside of the inflated scoring system for big plays, what is "new" about this type of league?There has been a series of IDP Only leagues (no offensive players whatsoever, positions broken out to DT/DE/LB/CB/S, etc...) around for years. Blitz Invitational (search for it on mfl) was the first one that I had ever come across, and that has spawned quite a few of these style leagues, each with their own unique twists. What's new here, other than you writing a book on it?

Users who are viewing this thread