What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFENSE/DEFENSE Contest 2021 - - Week 1-- Now with prize for 1st and 2nd place (1 Viewer)

I always wondered what this thread was about, but never noticed it until mid-season and then people were just posting a pair of teams and I had no idea what you were trying to do.  So here's to Beginner's Luck!

Offense - Arizona Cardinals

Defense - Carolina Panthers

So based on how the score is tallied we want a high scoring offense and a low scoring defense? I’m seeing a lot of good defenses picked here. Maybe I’m confused.

So based on how the score is tallied we want a high scoring offense and a low scoring defense? I’m seeing a lot of good defenses picked here. Maybe I’m confused.
IIRC, you want a high scoring offense & a defense that prevents their opponent from scoring. it’s RL scoring, not FF scoring. Defenses don’t score points in a traditional FF sense. 

So if I take (for example) Oakland offense & they score 27, and Niners D & they allow 10, I score (27-10) 17 for the week. 

I think that’s it. Others can correct me if I’m mistaken. 

IIRC, you want a high scoring offense & a defense that prevents their opponent from scoring. it’s RL scoring, not FF scoring. Defenses don’t score points in a traditional FF sense. 

So if I take (for example) Oakland offense & they score 27, and Niners D & they allow 10, I score (27-10) 17 for the week. 

I think that’s it. Others can correct me if I’m mistaken. 

And we can only use each Off & Def ONCE.... Correct?  so the challenge is to pick the matchups each week!  That is how I read it....  Should be a BLAST!! 

And we can only use each Off & Def ONCE.... Correct?  so the challenge is to pick the matchups each week!  That is how I read it....  Should be a BLAST!! 
Correct. one use per offense and one use per defense for the entire season.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we restart?  My fave contest of the year and I'm probably already eliminated because of stupid rodgers and the stupid packers o and the stupid saints d and everything is stupid.
Did anybody pick the Saints D for this contest?  If you did I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Can we restart?  My fave contest of the year and I'm probably already eliminated because of stupid rodgers and the stupid packers o and the stupid saints d and everything is stupid.
Packers offense week 1, WFT defense week 2. Yeah this is great. ;)  

Users who are viewing this thread