What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official #1 pick PPR 12 team redraft (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
Taylor at 1 but then what?

Please post strategies, ideas and/or completed drafts and good luck in 2022 especially those in big money leagues.

Okay, I'll chime in.

In a 30-year old half-point PPR League, so I sort of know the tendencies of many of our GMs. I planned on Taylor at 1.01, and then was going to double up on stud WRs at the 2-3 turn. I knew Josh Allen/Pat Mahomes/Justin Herbert would go early, so I wanted a mobile QB (Lamar / Hurts / Kyler) in the middle part of the draft, and satellite passing catching RBs in the latter portion of the draft. I usually punt on TEs and get them late; historically gotten a lot of breakout TEs (Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Gronk, Julius Thomas, Jordan Reed) over the years.

So my draft went like this:

Jonathan Taylor (1)
CeeDee Lamb (2)
Tyreek Hill (3)
Elijah Mitchell (4)
Jalen Hurts (5)
Rashod Bateman (6)
Devin Singletary (7)
DeAndre Hopkins (8)
Nyheim Hines (9)
Kenneth Gainwell (10)
Devante Parker (11)
Hunter Henry (12)
Steelers (13)
Ryan Tannehill (14)
Justin Tucker (15)
Trey Sermon (16)
Tyrion Davis-Price (17)
Irv Smith (18)
I doubled up on Sermon (before he got cut) and TDP for Mitchell insurance; Jeff Wilson never stays healthy for long so wasn't worried about him. If Mitchell plays 15 games he will be a Top 12 RB. Sermon may get the "Jordan Howard" role in Philly, so I look at that as a win. Gainwell has his Nyheim Hines sort of role so Sermon won't impact him.

Good Luck to the #1s.

Just DCs $0.02...

I disagree with the OP strategy. The final of the top rbs dies out at the end of the 2nd round/early 3rd, and you can either grab a te or go for a WR like Pittman with your third. At 4/5 you should have a pair of wrs out there that still have legitimate top ten upside and you jump over the rb deadzone. After that I like to grab K Hunt because he's a top 15 ppr rb if healthy even with chubb and it's the 6th round. Personally I don't really know what to do about qb this year. When I drafted from the 2 spot I waited late and late and ended up with Cousins.

I’m drafting in the 1. Non PPR though and a 6 point TD passing league. Going Taylor 1. But then I’m going to see what happens. Ideally I want my RB2 on the swing if it makes sense. Determining what the cutoff is. Before Barkley and Javonte were sometimes there along with Fournette and Connor. Now the first two are almost always gone. I’ll probably still go Fournette but don’t love Connor. The WR’s are Evans/Hill types. QB’s one of Herbert or Mahomes. The only position I’m comfortable waiting on is WR. I know I can get values who are startable through round 8. I could go RB/RB/QB and then hammer WR for 3-4 rounds and be fine.

I’m drafting in the 1. Non PPR though and a 6 point TD passing league. Going Taylor 1. But then I’m going to see what happens. Ideally I want my RB2 on the swing if it makes sense. Determining what the cutoff is. Before Barkley and Javonte were sometimes there along with Fournette and Connor. Now the first two are almost always gone. I’ll probably still go Fournette but don’t love Connor. The WR’s are Evans/Hill types. QB’s one of Herbert or Mahomes. The only position I’m comfortable waiting on is WR. I know I can get values who are startable through round 8. I could go RB/RB/QB and then hammer WR for 3-4 rounds and be fine.
I know what you mean about RBs that used to be available at the turn.

The guys that I would have considered (Saquon, Javonte, Fournette, Connor) were gone by pick 23. All the more reason for me to go WR-WR at the turn. Mark Andrews went at 2.04. No way in hell was I taking Zeke at 3.01.

2/3 Turn you need to maximize and I would throw out a short list of names at positions you can get guys later but if these folks are on the board you need to have a reality check...

QB-Josh Allen...by the time you pick on the 4/5 turn I think Allen, Mahomes and Herbert will all be gone, you can wait if you like but Allen drops an anchor and you're done at QB unless you like to have a back up very late in the draft.

TE: Kelce should already be rostered, Andrews as well but you should have them on a short list of quick trips to the podium.

WR: Mike Evans, Tee Higgins, AJ Brown...pick your poison. With Taylor already in the house you would be wise to start sharpening your sword at Wide Receiver. 2 more impact players like Taylor and you won't need to work as much who you are wheeling out at RB2, Flex, WR3, QB10, TE7...it covers up a lot of holes.

RB: Fournette, Williams, Conner, Zeke...I would think about future Turns like 4/5 and 6/7, might make a difference if you want to grab another RB but I would hammer the bleep out of WR on the turn, the drop off by the time it gets back to you on the 4/5 is massive IMHO.

4/5 Turn let's roll thru the best options...

WR-Godwin, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, ARob3, A.Cooper, Jeudy, Thielen...these are the types of WRs you are likely to see.

QB-Murray, Burrow, Brady...I like Burrow a whole lot this year with the added pieces on the OL, the kid is intelligent and going to dissect defenses better and better with all those weapons and they're always looking to add more for him. Legit chance he could be the #1 QB in football.

TE: Dalton Schultz is going to be a Top 3-5 TE as long as he is available for Dak all season. They lose 2 of their starting WRs from a year ago, he's going to be a security blanket all year long.

RB: If Elijah Mitchell falls to you, just run to the podium and thank your lucky stars. Others who are being hyped later are Pierce, good looking rookie been named the 3-down starter in Houston, nobody would blink if you took him here the way he is flying but it is a bit risky.

Monty or Etienne happens to fall to you, those are in play. Chase Edmonds is a little early here but I am starting to warm up to him in Miami, think I posted in his player thread with a lot of reasons why.

Good Luck, would like to hear your thoughts

Interesting. I don’t think the drop off at WR is massive. 30 receivers could end up in the ballpark of 900-1000 and 6 TD’s. That’s 2nd rounders to 7th. Drop off In RB’s is huge. You like Mitchell way more than I do. I wouldn’t limp to the podium let alone run

2/3 Turn you need to maximize and I would throw out a short list of names at positions you can get guys later but if these folks are on the board you need to have a reality check...

QB-Josh Allen...by the time you pick on the 4/5 turn I think Allen, Mahomes and Herbert will all be gone, you can wait if you like but Allen drops an anchor and you're done at QB unless you like to have a back up very late in the draft.

TE: Kelce should already be rostered, Andrews as well but you should have them on a short list of quick trips to the podium.

WR: Mike Evans, Tee Higgins, AJ Brown...pick your poison. With Taylor already in the house you would be wise to start sharpening your sword at Wide Receiver. 2 more impact players like Taylor and you won't need to work as much who you are wheeling out at RB2, Flex, WR3, QB10, TE7...it covers up a lot of holes.

RB: Fournette, Williams, Conner, Zeke...I would think about future Turns like 4/5 and 6/7, might make a difference if you want to grab another RB but I would hammer the bleep out of WR on the turn, the drop off by the time it gets back to you on the 4/5 is massive IMHO.

4/5 Turn let's roll thru the best options...

WR-Godwin, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, ARob3, A.Cooper, Jeudy, Thielen...these are the types of WRs you are likely to see.

QB-Murray, Burrow, Brady...I like Burrow a whole lot this year with the added pieces on the OL, the kid is intelligent and going to dissect defenses better and better with all those weapons and they're always looking to add more for him. Legit chance he could be the #1 QB in football.

TE: Dalton Schultz is going to be a Top 3-5 TE as long as he is available for Dak all season. They lose 2 of their starting WRs from a year ago, he's going to be a security blanket all year long.

RB: If Elijah Mitchell falls to you, just run to the podium and thank your lucky stars. Others who are being hyped later are Pierce, good looking rookie been named the 3-down starter in Houston, nobody would blink if you took him here the way he is flying but it is a bit risky.

Monty or Etienne happens to fall to you, those are in play. Chase Edmonds is a little early here but I am starting to warm up to him in Miami, think I posted in his player thread with a lot of reasons why.

Good Luck, would like to hear your thoughts
Hey MOP, good to hear from you.

Agree with much of your analysis; was thinking along the same lines prepping for my draft. Was thrilled to get CeeDee and Tyreek at the 2/3 turn. Thought I would get Tyreek or Deebo (who was strangely dropping in ADP), but had no idea I would get Lamb.

I was "all in" on Eli Mitchell and Jalen Hurts and had them circled for the 4/5 turn. Mitchell put up 1100 yards and 6 TDs in 11 games, and it's clear that he's Kyle's "ride or die". Hurts has Fantasy MVP written all over him, and has a great schedule (3rd easiest passing schedule). Wanted a solid FF RB3, and I think I got one in Devin Singletary. People are sleeping on that guy. Singletary finished 2021 on an absolute tear, and Cook / Moss notwithstanding, he's the clear RB1 in the most prolific offense in the NFL.

Having yet to draft, I am finding in mocks Hill, AJ Brown, Keenan and Evans all there. If I were to go WR/WR in PPR, who'd you take or how would you rank and why? - thanks

Having yet to draft, I am finding in mocks Hill, AJ Brown, Keenan and Evans all there. If I were to go WR/WR in PPR, who'd you take or how would you rank and why? - thanks
There's no wrong answers with those 4 which is why i suggest you double down. Evans and Keenan are always in it for the distance and they have proven track records. Hill is proven but new Qb and same with AJB although in recent seasons injuries have hampered his production.

AJ Brown has a lot of upside if he could start 17 games, hasn't had his career year just yet. He has perhaps the weakest of the QBs with Hurts although you can argue Tua for Hill same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread