What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2007 Chicago Cubs thread! (1 Viewer)

Just when they need Lilly to come up with a big time performance, he does, in a big way. Huge game by Ted today. :P

Now, hope the Phils can come up a winner.

Tomorrow is a big day, then again, they all are nowadays.

:lmao:

:thanks: Cordero and to the Phillies. ;) Man the Brewers choke away some big leads late in the game.

Now, a good outing from Marquis and some good hitting tonight (weather permitting) and we can be back in first. :confused:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(please just be a cramp. Jeebus, please save Alphonso)

Wood actually looks pretty good. He's getting squeezed, but the fastball is in the mid-90s and the breaking ball is snapping.

####, plain old out and out ####.

Quit ####### walking people.

You had the ########## down 0-2 Weurtz, and you let him off the ####### hook.

You dumb ##########.

Hill pitches a #### of a game all for naught.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: at Chicago Sports Radio downplaying Soriano's worth to the Cubs. All of a sudden he gets hurt and everybody says he sucks.

:) at Chicago Sports Radio downplaying Soriano's worth to the Cubs. All of a sudden he gets hurt and everybody says he sucks.
I can certainly believe they are saying that. Chicago Sports Radio is pathetic. Thats why I very rarely will listen anymore.Granted, he's not having the year most thought he would, but to say they won't miss him, or to say he sucks is just ####### stupid.

:lmao: at Chicago Sports Radio downplaying Soriano's worth to the Cubs. All of a sudden he gets hurt and everybody says he sucks.
I can certainly believe they are saying that. Chicago Sports Radio is pathetic. Thats why I very rarely will listen anymore.Granted, he's not having the year most thought he would, but to say they won't miss him, or to say he sucks is just ####### stupid.
I just had to :) when I heard Mike Murphy (Cub Homer) discounting Soriano's worth to the team.

:rant: at Chicago Sports Radio downplaying Soriano's worth to the Cubs. All of a sudden he gets hurt and everybody says he sucks.
I just had to :unsure: when I heard Mike Murphy (Cub Homer) discounting Soriano's worth to the team.
First off, doesn't ANYBODY want to win this division??? They lose, we lose. Damn!Ok, Steve Stone said that without Soriano, the Cubs can present a more traditional lineup with Theroit and Fontenot at the top of the order. He also said that losing Soriano wasn't as bad as if you had lost Lee, Ramirez or Zambrano. That I agree with, but you're right, the rest of the radio crews were totally dismissing the loss of Soriano.The part that really stings about the timing of the Soriano loss is that the Cubs road trip takes them to Houston and Colorado, two hitters parks.

The Cubs are really going to regret not getting another starter at the deadline.
A starter was not one of the top priorities. It would have been nice to have one, but to get one much better than they have now, they would have had to pay a kings ransom.I believe they have the second lowest ERA in the NL as far as starting pitching is concerned.

If they lose tonight, and it's looking like a good possibility, look no further than the first three innings as the culprit.

They had eight, count them, eight batters, come to the plate with the bases juiced, only to walk away with one ####### run.

Yes, one ####### run! And that run was walked in. 0 for ####### 7. Anemic I tell you, just ####### anemic. :blackdot: :blackdot:

Seven men left on base in the first three innings, they let Williams off the hook big ####### time tonight. The wheels are starting to come loose.

I love the way TheRiot plays the game though. He's the lone bright spot of the night.

Once again, Felix Pie has been promoted to the big league club. No word yet as to who will be sent down.

:blackdot: I like the kids enthusiasm, speed and defense. I wish Lou would stick him in the lineup and leave him there.

Maybe then, his bat will come around as well.

Once again, Felix Pie has been promoted to the big league club. No word yet as to who will be sent down. :lmao: I like the kids enthusiasm, speed and defense. I wish Lou would stick him in the lineup and leave him there.Maybe then, his bat will come around as well.
Agreed - if they give him time he will perform.

jagbag said:
Once again, Felix Pie has been promoted to the big league club. No word yet as to who will be sent down. :lmao: I like the kids enthusiasm, speed and defense. I wish Lou would stick him in the lineup and leave him there.Maybe then, his bat will come around as well.
You wouldn't think that Patterson was going down already, but he looked completely overmatched on a couple of plate appearances last night. He's my guess.

jagbag said:
Once again, Felix Pie has been promoted to the big league club. No word yet as to who will be sent down. :thumbup: I like the kids enthusiasm, speed and defense. I wish Lou would stick him in the lineup and leave him there.Maybe then, his bat will come around as well.
You wouldn't think that Patterson was going down already, but he looked completely overmatched on a couple of plate appearances last night. He's my guess.
Pagan to the DL

How did things get so ugly so fast?

At least the Brewers are imploding also, but I'm still :unsure: :lmao: :lmao:
:shrug: I didn't get a chance to see the game tonight. I should count my blessings by the looks of it.A couple of observations by looking at the box score:

1) Another good game by TheRiot.

2) WTF is Lou thinking by batting Jacque Jones second in the order? I know we are a bit banged up, but no way in ####### hell should he ever bat second, EVER. I know Lou probably thinks he can see more fastballs in the two hole but he's not a two hole hitter, even if he did get two hits. I would prefer DeRosa in this spot, he's a good handler of the bat.

3) Play Pie for crying out loud.

4) Pitching sucked ###.

5) Not enough timely hitting. Way to many runners LOB (13)

We are very fortunate to be where we are, but now we have to look below us as well.

The Cards are only five behind us, and the Astros 7.5.

We are really screwing up in the wild card race, now three back but tied for FIFTH.

It's beginning to look like we have to win the division.

Widbil83 said:
jagbag said:
Widbil83 said:
Be glad you guys play in a ####ty divison because you stink again. :thumbup:
Not the year for you to be talking trash is it ?Didn't think so.
Get off your high horse, the Mighty Cubs only have 5 more wins then pathetic Sox. You would think it was 25. :thumbup:
Who cares how many more wins they have than the Sux.......last time I checked, they won 5 of 6 from the the Mighty Sux.The Cards won the WS last year with whopping 83 wins, 83!!!!(7 less than the Sox)........anything can happen

Da Beers said:
Are you familiar with the Cubs and their history? :thumbup:
The Cards won the WS last year with whopping 83 wins, 83!!!!........anything can happen
That is true, but most people know that that Cardinals team was better than their regular season record indicated. Injuries killed them all year, but they were almost completely healthy in the playoffs, and look what happened. :lmao:

Are you familiar with the Cubs and their history? :popcorn:
The Cards won the WS last year with whopping 83 wins, 83!!!!........anything can happen
That is true, but most people know that that Cardinals team was better than their regular season record indicated. Injuries killed them all year, but they were almost completely healthy in the playoffs, and look what happened. :no:
yeah, yeah. Damn everybody who is right. :no: Actually, the Cubs have shown what they can do when healthy and playing together. So I would never count them out for this year. That being said, this is a horrible stretch and they have to right the ship or who gives a crap how well they play together, unless it's golf come October.

Are you familiar with the Cubs and their history? :thumbup:
That is true, but most people know that that Cardinals team was better than their regular season record indicated. Injuries killed them all year, but they were almost completely healthy in the playoffs, and look what happened. :pickle:
yeah, yeah. Damn everybody who is right. :football: Actually, the Cubs have shown what they can do when healthy and playing together. So I would never count them out for this year. That being said, this is a horrible stretch and they have to right the ship or who gives a crap how well they play together, unless it's golf come October.
True, but despite their recent stretch, they are still even with Milwaukee in the loss column, so the division is still theirs for the taking. And like recent years have shown, any team can get hot in October and win it all. Even though I am a Cardinals fan, I would rather see the Cubs win the division than the Brewers. The Cubs would be a good October story, as always. The Brewers would be a boring story.

Cub fans, I'm off on vacation Sat. morning, so get the Cubs back and rolling again and keep them rolling. I won't have much access to TV or radio

while I'm gone, so it's gonna be a long week.

Good luck with the :popcorn: 's starting to invade while we are down. A few wins should keep them quiet.

Have a good week.

Power Monster said:
Wrigley said:
Power Monster said:
I cannot believe that the Cards are 5.5 back. Strap it on Cub fans- looks like a photo finish is on the way...
:popcorn: :hophead: :hophead:
He he he he feeling the pressure with 7 games to go with the Cards! Tony LaRussa is going to bring the WS hex to the Cubs mark it down....
:banned: :banned: :banned: Does he bring the hex before or after they wake him up at the light?

Power Monster said:
Wrigley said:
Power Monster said:
I cannot believe that the Cards are 5.5 back. Strap it on Cub fans- looks like a photo finish is on the way...
:blackdot: :lmao: :hophead:
He he he he feeling the pressure with 7 games to go with the Cards! Tony LaRussa is going to bring the WS hex to the Cubs mark it down....
Does he bring the hex before or after they wake him up at the light?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread