What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread** (1 Viewer)

12 team dynasty PPR start 10: 1QB/2-3RB/3-5WR/1-3TE/1DST

A gets: D-Jax, Mike Wallace, Tre Mason

B gets: R. Cobb, Jarius Wright, Darrin Reaves
I'll take Wallace Djax and Mason I think

Made a few small ones to get through bye weeks,

Traded Joe Flacco to a QB needy team for their '15 2nd.

Then traded my '15 3rd for Heath Miller when I needed a TE
Like both deals for you

Non-ppr

Gave: Julio Jones

Got: 2 2015 1st, Sankey, E Sanders, G Olsen
I'll take the other side in nonPPR. Like Julio but thats a pretty good haul to rebuild

thougth someone else would post this since it sparked such a lively conversation on the MB

14 team devy, graded ppr (.75/1/1.25) start 2RB/3WR/TE and one Flex. 22 Man roster in season

It's below market value, certainly. Not worthy of the message board flack, however. AT is rebuilding and is high on Freeman.

In his shoes, I'd have done more homework before accepting that. I have to assume he could have gotten more. But if Freeman is his guy and he wanted to pounce--I don't see it as a league wide issue.
Yeah the value isn't great considering the to date performance but before the season that would have been pretty even imo

Non-ppr

Gave: Julio Jones

Got: 2 2015 1st, Sankey, E Sanders, G Olsen
Julio
Other side. Not close. At some point you have to take the non stud side and to me this is great value in non PPR for that non stud side. 4 firsts + Olsen. Wow.
It is a solid return but it could look like a pile of junk in 2 years. As long as his foot holds up Julio is a top 5 pick in the near future.
And Julio could look like a pile of junk in 2 years with a busted wheel. Speculation goes both ways, you can only judge the trade based on current market value; this one is a winner on paper, and it's a home run for someone rebuilding.
The thing is I know Julio will be great if on the field. Do not know that about anything on the other side

Yeah the value isn't great considering the to date performance but before the season that would have been pretty even imo
Exactly. Replace Freeman with Mason, and the league would be [SIZE=10.5pt]congratulating[/SIZE] the guy. Two weeks ago it was perfectly logical to prefer Freeman to Mason.

14 team dynasty no ppr

Gave: Cutler and A Hawkins

Got: Spiller and J Bell

Probably not a deal I needed to do, but thought good value for next year gambling on where Spiller goes.

Thoughts?
Nice deal. Gave up very little and got RB help in Bell and a lottery ticket in Spiller

10 team .5PPR 2Q 3W 3R 2T 1F

Guy just made off with a steal in my opinion

Team A traded: Doug Martin, 1st (contender)

Team B traded: Jared Cook, 1st (top3 guaranteed), Conditional 4th (if the 1st isn't #1 overall A gets an additional 4th)
Martin to move back in the 1st?

I like the Martin side. There is always a Benjamin/Allen/Hill sitting at the back end of the 1st that gets bad draft press but is a good player people ignore

12TM PPR Q/R/R/W/W/W/T/F

Gave:

Edelman & Ellington

Received:

AJ Green & Tre Mason
Terrible...just terrible even if it were nonPPR

12 Team PPR - Start QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-K-D ( you can do 3RB/1WR or 1RB/3WR )

I traded Andre Ellington and my 1st rd pick ( currently 5-2 which is tied for best record )

I received Alshon Jeffery and his 2nd rd pick ( currently 3-4 )

Didn't want to part with Ellington but I have Le'Veon and Gio at RB and after T.Y. Hilton I have DeSean/Percy/JMatthews/Devante so felt like adding Alshon was for the best although I slide back 8-10 spots in the rookie draft.

thougth someone else would post this since it sparked such a lively conversation on the MB

14 team devy, graded ppr (.75/1/1.25) start 2RB/3WR/TE and one Flex. 22 Man roster in season

It's below market value, certainly. Not worthy of the message board flack, however. AT is rebuilding and is high on Freeman.

In his shoes, I'd have done more homework before accepting that. I have to assume he could have gotten more. But if Freeman is his guy and he wanted to pounce--I don't see it as a league wide issue.
It looks like the he was the one that offered it. I agree with your general assessment though. It's hardly worth league turmoil, but when you go into rebuild move you don't have to get rid of all you producing veterans in one swoop just to get rid of them. He likely could have broken it up a bit and still got Freeman and then moved the other pieces in another deal.

It looks like the he was the one that offered it. I agree with your general assessment though. It's hardly worth league turmoil, but when you go into rebuild move you don't have to get rid of all you producing veterans in one swoop just to get rid of them. He likely could have broken it up a bit and still got Freeman and then moved the other pieces in another deal.
Certainly. I think Freeman for Smith was the move for him--reasonable for his situation. He should have shopped Forsett and VD separately, rather then use them as sweeteners. While they are close to worthless for him, he likely could have pulled a 2nd for each.

No issue with anyone questioning the deal. I just don't think the league reaction was justified--no top 50-60 players were moved, even. As most of said league posts in this thread, including to the two involved, I felt it worthy to point out.

Not quite a dynasty (can keep 8)...

Doug Martin + Bryce Brown + DeAndre Hopkins

-for-

Marshawn Lynch + Christine Michael

I traded Andre Ellington and my 1st rd pick ( currently 5-2 which is tied for best record )

Didn't want to part with Ellington but I have Le'Veon and Gio at RB and after T.Y. Hilton I have DeSean/Percy/JMatthews/Devante so felt like adding Alshon was for the best although I slide back 8-10 spots in the rookie draft.
I like it for you

Great deal imo

Saw this one go down in my 12 team PPR. Q/R/R/W/W/W/T/F

Team A Receives:

Josh Gordon

Allen Robinson

Team B Receives:

Mike Evans

2015 2nd(projected top 4)

I'm really interested to see some opinions on this one. I think I prefer Evans just because of the Gordon risk(I expect both to be studs, but Gordon's more proven). I like A-Rob's talent though and don't think I'd trade him for a 2nd at this point so to me it's pretty even, but I value Evans the most out of all 4 guys so tiebreaker goes to "A".

DexterDew said:

I'm not a Freeman believer at all so I love this trade for the contender(TS).

Gianluca said:

Great trade. I full expect Arizona to bring in a power back next year to compliment Ellington.

Team A Receives:

Josh Gordon

Allen Robinson

Team B Receives:

Mike Evans

I'm really interested to see some opinions on this one. I think I prefer Evans just because of the Gordon risk(I expect both to be studs, but Gordon's more proven). I like A-Rob's talent though and don't think I'd trade him for a 2nd at this point so to me it's pretty even, but I value Evans the most out of all 4 guys so tiebreaker goes to "A".
Gordon for me.

I am not convinced Evans is even going to be better than ARob

Team A Receives:

Josh Gordon

Allen Robinson

Team B Receives:

Mike Evans

I will take Evans

Team A Receives:

Josh Gordon

Allen Robinson

Team B Receives:

Mike Evans

Gordon for me.

That's pretty interesting. I've been impressed with Evans after being a bit sceptical when he was coming out of college. I made an offer to the Evans owner it his price was pretty high so I was kind of surprised to see him dealt.Gordon had a sky high price as well but the guy suddenly made him available this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
One More Rep said:
gchip said:
PPR - QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/3F

Gave: Dwayne Allen + Kendall Wright

Got: Emmanuel Sanders
Have to go Sanders
Honesty, not sure I'd give Wright for Sanders in a dynasty but that would be close IMO.

Add Allen and this is easy.

Team A Receives:

Josh Gordon

Allen Robinson

Team B Receives:

Mike Evans

Gordon for me.

+1

One More Rep said:
gchip said:
PPR - QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/3F

Gave: Dwayne Allen + Kendall Wright

Got: Emmanuel Sanders
Have to go Sanders
Honesty, not sure I'd give Wright for Sanders in a dynasty but that would be close IMO.

Add Allen and this is easy.
+1 Even with Sanders big night last night, his upside is only a little higher than Wright and Allen is underrated in both redraft and dynasty

Team A received:

2015 1st round pick (Team B is currently 4-3 and 50:50 to make the playoffs)

2015 3rd round pick

Team B received:

Branden Oliver

Victor Cruz

Just went through:

12 team PPR start 2 WR;2 Flex

Team A Gave: Keenan Allen

Team B Gave: Terrance Williams

Seems like a nice sell high, buy low for team B, IMO.

Marshall/Gore

for

Lamar Miller/Justin Hunter/2nd round pick (very late)

Team getting Marshall is 8-1 and the favorite to win it all. Other team is middle of the pack, may miss playoffs. Non PPR. 12 team.

Marshall/Gore

for

Lamar Miller/Justin Hunter/2nd round pick (very late)

Team getting Marshall is 8-1 and the favorite to win it all. Other team is middle of the pack, may miss playoffs. Non PPR. 12 team.
Good move for a contender.

The rebuilder got a decent return though

Just traded Delanie Walker and Justin Forsett for Blake Bortles.

I'm 1-6 (took over a train wreck of a team). Other team is 5-2.

Ok here is the progression of me with Josh Gordon this season (Superflex PPR).

7/5/14 - Wake up and owner has offered me Josh Gordon for a 2016 3rd round pick - accept!

9/10/14 - I trade Gordon away right before the decision to allow him to play this season - Josh Gordon and Mike Williams for Blake Bortles and a 2015 2nd Round Pick - accepted

10/22/14 - I trade Bortles + Brandon Marshall + Gates for Jimmy Graham + a 2015 3rd Round Pick.

10/23/14 - I trade Ronnie Hilmman + (2) 2015 1st round pick for Gordon.

Got (through several trades): Jimmy Graham, Josh Gordon, 2015 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick

Gave: Hillman (got off waivers), Brandon Marshall, Antonio Gates, (2) 1st round picks, 3rd round pick.

Ok here is the progression of me with Josh Gordon this season (Superflex PPR).

7/5/14 - Wake up and owner has offered me Josh Gordon for a 2016 3rd round pick - accept!

9/10/14 - I trade Gordon away right before the decision to allow him to play this season - Josh Gordon and Mike Williams for Blake Bortles and a 2015 2nd Round Pick - accepted

10/22/14 - I trade Bortles + Brandon Marshall + Gates for Jimmy Graham + a 2015 3rd Round Pick.

10/23/14 - I trade Ronnie Hilmman + (2) 2015 1st round pick for Gordon.

Got (through several trades): Jimmy Graham, Josh Gordon, 2015 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick

Gave: Hillman (got off waivers), Brandon Marshall, Antonio Gates, (2) 1st round picks, 3rd round pick.
Smooth sailing until the huge overpay to get him back.

All depends on if I win this year. I still have shady and beast mode and their handcuffs. But now I have Gordon instead of Eddie royal or Roddy white as my wr3

1/2 point PPR, start 1 RB/2 WR, 3 Flex. Bonus for big plays and RB/WR over 100 yards, QB's over 300 yards.

Team A rebuild gives: DeSean Jackson, Vincent Jackson, Steve Smith

Team B contender gives: Garcon, Manziel, 2015 2nd

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did this trade. Curious to see what some of the Dynasty experts that post regularly in this thread think about it:

I gave up: Murray, Marshall, A. Robinson, Olsen, 2015 1st (guaranteed to be top 3, very likely #1 or #2 overall).

I received: Charles, AJ Green, Benjamin, V. Davis and 2 2016 1sts (both should not be good picks, likely 9-12 range each).

My team after the trade, I am currently 7-0:

Manning, Eli NYG QB 144.5 8 Palmer, Carson ARI QB 66.9 4 Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 182.1 9 Bernard, Giovani CIN RB (P) 101.8 4 Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 69.5 6 Johnson, Storm JAC RB ® 19.0 11 Jones-Drew, Maurice OAK RB 12.2 5 Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB (P) 108.5 4 McFadden, Darren OAK RB 65.7 5 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB (O) 77.7 6 Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR ® 109.7 12 Blackmon, Justin JAC WR (S) - 11 Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR 3.7 9 Green, A.J. CIN WR (D) 58.9 4 Hartline, Brian MIA WR 44.6 5 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR (Q) 71.4 7 Jennings, Greg MIN WR 66.5 10 Matthews, Jordan PHI WR ® 57.6 7 Wright, Kendall TEN WR 88.0 9 Davis, Vernon SFO TE 40.2 8 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 95.9 10 Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK 83.0 10 Bears, Chicago CHI Def 85.0 9 Bills, Buffalo BUF Def 89.0 9 Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 60.0 12 25 Total Players

Just did this trade. Curious to see what some of the Dynasty experts that post regularly in this thread think about it:

I gave up: Murray, Marshall, A. Robinson, Olsen, 2015 1st (guaranteed to be top 3, very likely #1 or #2 overall).

I received: Charles, AJ Green, Benjamin, V. Davis and 2 2016 1sts (both should not be good picks, likely 9-12 range each).

My team after the trade, I am currently 7-0:

Manning, Eli NYG QB 144.5 8 Palmer, Carson ARI QB 66.9 4 Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 182.1 9 Bernard, Giovani CIN RB (P) 101.8 4 Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 69.5 6 Johnson, Storm JAC RB ® 19.0 11 Jones-Drew, Maurice OAK RB 12.2 5 Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB (P) 108.5 4 McFadden, Darren OAK RB 65.7 5 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB (O) 77.7 6 Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR ® 109.7 12 Blackmon, Justin JAC WR (S) - 11 Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR 3.7 9 Green, A.J. CIN WR (D) 58.9 4 Hartline, Brian MIA WR 44.6 5 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR (Q) 71.4 7 Jennings, Greg MIN WR 66.5 10 Matthews, Jordan PHI WR ® 57.6 7 Wright, Kendall TEN WR 88.0 9 Davis, Vernon SFO TE 40.2 8 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 95.9 10 Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK 83.0 10 Bears, Chicago CHI Def 85.0 9 Bills, Buffalo BUF Def 89.0 9 Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 60.0 12 25 Total Players
I'd have rather kept Murray/Marshall for the run this year, and loaded up for future with possibly Gurley. Olsen to Davis is also a step down. Not a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread