What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2018 Cakeleeg Thread - 28th round is "touch and go" (1 Viewer)

On a serious note, if @Mr. Pickles can't figure out how to allow next-day adds with Cappy's new waiver process initiated last year, we are going back to the old way, which was immediate adds for any free agent and waivers for new call-ups or those dropped by other teams.

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for cos

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 105
Roll subtotal: 105
Roll total: 105

Cheese gets every ####### closer, him or @Eephus 

I am on top of #### and they still always beat me by half an hour.  IIRC cheese had almost twice as many transactions as anyone else last year, lolololol :wub:

Cheese gets every ####### closer, him or @Eephus 

I am on top of #### and they still always beat me by half an hour.  IIRC cheese had almost twice as many transactions as anyone else last year, lolololol :wub:
Yea. It's super dumb but shuke wants to be able to start on the same day whatever waiver wire slob he picks up who is ranked 587th in yahoo so what are you going to do?  Cheese is going to end up with 18 closers so a few people can compile 9 more runs over the course of the season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm totally fine with the waiver only system, but only if that player is able to play the next day.  Don't know if possible.  
I would think it was possible.  Yeah I remember Posey got hurt on a Thursday last year and the Giants said he'd be out a while on Friday. I put in a waiver claim for a C and someone else got that catcher.  Then I picked up a catcher on Saturday overnight but couldn't play him until Monday, and he was on an off day.  So five days without a catcher. 

Other than that I got used to it and it was mostly fine. 

I 100% agree with this but everybody needs a chance to add the player. Next day waivers would be great but I don't know if yahoo offers it. 
You have a chance for the entire time the player is a free agent. If you want closers, you need to take the risk on guys next in line eating up one of your bench spots.  To me, that’s part of the strategy. 

I’ve made an executive decision. We are going back to how it was.  Not being able to play a guy next day in a 14 team daily lineup league is stupid. 

You have a chance for the entire time the player is a free agent. If you want closers, you need to take the risk on guys next in line eating up one of your bench spots.  To me, that’s part of the strategy. 

I’ve made an executive decision. We are going back to how it was.  Not being able to play a guy next day in a 14 team daily lineup league is stupid. 
I don't really care, because chances of us competing are slim to none, but this is tremendously short-sighted. You and I both know closers get named at Dusty Baker's whims every 3rd day and two people are going to hoard the whole category.

But, whatever. As long as you are able to get that 1 for 5 with 1 run the next day that's all that matters. 

I don't really care, because chances of us competing are slim to none, but this is tremendously short-sighted. You and I both know closers get named at Dusty Baker's whims every 3rd day and two people are going to hoard the whole category.

But, whatever. As long as you are able to get that 1 for 5 with 1 run the next day that's all that matters. 
Then how do we offset it?  What about increasing max IP to put more emphasis on SP?

Then how do we offset it?  What about increasing max IP to put more emphasis on SP?
Limit on transactions is probably the only way, but I don't even like that. 

Are we married to yahoo? Can we find a system that allows us to customize? We're all reasonably employed here, I suppose, so would an extra 10 bucks a team kill anybody?

Are we married to yahoo? Can we find a system that allows us to customize? We're all reasonably employed here, I suppose, so would an extra 10 bucks a team kill anybody?
No clue.  This is the only league I've ever been in.

I have to think yahoo should be able to handle our transaction needs.

I have another league on fantrax, which is highly customizable for $80...but as soon as yahoo adds contract year I'm headed to them instead.

Premier said:

What if we had a set time waivers ran every time then FCFS until the first game of the day. Pretty sure that’s what ESPN leagues can do. For instance, from 7p lock thru 5p next day everyone on waivers. Waivers run to help be fair for guys everyone now wants like closers. 5-7 pickup whatever random streamers or crappy hitters you want that nobody else cares about. 

I dont know though. Coming up with better rules is the easy part. Setting up the settings on a site may be harder but I’m willing to look into it when I get time. 

Users who are viewing this thread