What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2019 Tour de France (July 6 - July 28) (1 Viewer)

I was wondering who I'm chasing.

BTW, I hate the fact I can't see the teams now.  We're well past the start date - it kills the interest to see how everyone else's guys are doing.
You have to click back one day, to see the teams.  This is because we can change our teams daily. 

Yeah, the velogames format was a lot easier for me to understand.  That, and I used to actually care about cycling.  

This is the best Tour I can remember, at least so far.  Stages 5, 6, and now 8 have been just ridiculously entertaining.

This is the best Tour I can remember, at least so far.  Stages 5, 6, and now 8 have been just ridiculously entertaining.
Was coming to post the same.  Just a fantastic first week -- the best I remember.

DeGent's ride today reminded me of Landis on the stage that won him the tour in 2006.

Was coming to post the same.  Just a fantastic first week -- the best I remember.

DeGent's ride today reminded me of Landis on the stage that won him the tour in 2006.
Having the bonus seconds when non-GC teams are fighting for yellow certainly has spiced things up more than I was thinking. Should be similar tomorrow.  Quickstep should keep it together for Alilliphipe on the final climb again.

Reminded me of one that Tony Martin ripped off in the Vuelta, except he got caught 100m from the line (after a 100 mile solo break - awful).

Bonus seconds have been gone for what? A decade?
Technically I'd say they've now been gone for 12 hours or so.   :P

I like they way they've implemented them.  Putting them in intermediate spots has made the peloton mix it up a good bit well before the line.

For the record, let it be known that today (stage 10) is the day that Sky Ineos won the tour. 

Last edited by a moderator:
doh!  forgot about thomas.  i don't care for him much.  i have 3 of the top 4.   :lmao:   
after yesterday I was happy to have 4 of the top 10 heading into the Pyrenees... echelons messed that up and I only have two now (though both are in the top 4). 

Another nutball stage.  Flipped out Fuglsang for Kuriswijk.  And had enough extra points to grab a good shot at the time trial.

ETA:  I think I have a man crush on the Jumbo Visma squad.  I have three right now and would love to add one more.

Not sure I'm a fan of this talk to Lance segment on the NBCSN race coverage - kind of allows us to see that Lance hasn't really changed. Torn between listening or condemning him for the BS he perpetuated. 

Not sure I'm a fan of this talk to Lance segment on the NBCSN race coverage - kind of allows us to see that Lance hasn't really changed. Torn between listening or condemning him for the BS he perpetuated. 
the horrible delay is the only thing that sucks about it.  you're deluding yourself, if you think they're not doping today.

the horrible delay is the only thing that sucks about it.  you're deluding yourself, if you think they're not doping today.
Wish they would have asked him how many pints of blood he would go through on his rest days when he was on the Tour.

The delay is bad.

Wish they would have asked him how many pints of blood he would go through on his rest days when he was on the Tour.

The delay is bad.
he'd answer it.  he's pretty frank about what he did.*

*now

the race starts on Friday, looks like the deadline to enter the fantasy game is Saturday.  Do it. 
Hey, sorry I couldn't get prepared enough while on vacation to properly join in.  Thanks for the invite (and thanks to @Sand for the follow-up).

Fun to see Albi the other night, having visited there a few years ago.  I remember the super-impressive church and the sculpted gardens nearby.  I also remember the bridge that's right there ... tucked in a corner of the bridge, right alongside the traffic lanes and pedestrian walkway, is an open pee grate for men to use. Gotta love the Europeans.   

Hmmm, had my homie Tony Martin for the TT and he was third from last.  Maybe he crashed - dude used to go head to head with Cancellara and was right at the top of the TT world.

Hmmm, had my homie Tony Martin for the TT and he was third from last.  Maybe he crashed - dude used to go head to head with Cancellara and was right at the top of the TT world.
i added him too.  bad result for sure.  he was passed by the guy behind him, before the first check point.  weird.  i still left alaphilippe as my road captain.  god bless this new version of EPO!!  and i want some!!

and heads up!  if you're looking to change your roster up, you can only have 3 from each category.  climbers, leaders, etc.  i found out the hard way.

He took the day off, did not even try. I guess the team plans on him pulling the peloton through the mountains.

Jaysus said:
Seriously, I want more people on what he is on.
What's crazy is he has to be the most vulnerable Yellow jersey I've seen in the era of the super teams - he's got nothing around him. No 5 rider trains carry his butt up a mountain. It's incredible - love it and hope he continues to crack the big teams alone.

DA RAIDERS said:
and heads up!  if you're looking to change your roster up, you can only have 3 from each category.  climbers, leaders, etc.  i found out the hard way.
Also only three from a team.  My idea of all Jumbo Visma dashed.

What's crazy is he has to be the most vulnerable Yellow jersey I've seen in the era of the super teams - he's got nothing around him. No 5 rider trains carry his butt up a mountain. It's incredible - love it and hope he continues to crack the big teams alone.
He got lucky Movistar, Jumbo, and Pinot’s teams pulled sort of but not really bonkers hard especially in the valley.  Though I guess he gets to follow Thomas’s wheel again tomorrow and hope Pouls, et al are off again. 

I can't remember a more wide-open tour.  With two days left there are at least four riders who could win it.  Oddsmakers have Pinot as the favorite, followed by Bernal, Thomas and JA.

Stage 20 was pretty awesome regardless.  Finally caught up with the recordings - Vincenzo uncorked one.  Great to watch.

I enjoy watching this, but I've never fully understood why they don't race in the last leg?  I mean, Bernal was 1-2 minutes ahead of 3 riders.  Seems those 3 riders would take off. 

I know it's unlikely they'll make up that much time, but shouldn't they give it a go?  Are the streets of Paris too tight and they don't let them race?  When did this leisurely last leg become the norm?

So what's the deal?  Why even have this leg.  Why not just set them up for a 5 minute ride in the city?

I enjoy watching this, but I've never fully understood why they don't race in the last leg?  I mean, Bernal was 1-2 minutes ahead of 3 riders.  Seems those 3 riders would take off. 

I know it's unlikely they'll make up that much time, but shouldn't they give it a go?  Are the streets of Paris too tight and they don't let them race?  When did this leisurely last leg become the norm?

So what's the deal?  Why even have this leg.  Why not just set them up for a 5 minute ride in the city?
Its just for giggles mostly.  The flat stages are basically neutralized.  

It was a time trial in the past but that's bad for spectators.

Because you can't make up 2 minutes on a flat course. The teams will chase.

The only way to gain time is either be a tremendous downhill rider, exceptional time trial guy, or attack uphill. Most of the time gaps come from uphill attacks where you"break" someone

Users who are viewing this thread