What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (1 Viewer)

Seems like a lot of dink and dunk calls. They need to stretch things out like the last drive where they screwed up the fg
According to twitter at half there were receivers down field who were open. But Shea wouldn't throw it. 

Obviously don't know how accurate that is.

According to twitter at half there were receivers down field who were open. But Shea wouldn't throw it. 

Obviously don't know how accurate that is.
Well that could be too. In a restaurant  not paying complete attention. Just seems like Iowa is not concerned with anything deep

Finally the offense was in attack mode.  Also where has Haskins been all year?

Even since the Iowa game the defense except for that one big play against PSU has been smothering.  Harbaugh sent a letter to all U-M parent saying he is not going anywhere.  Mike Valenti on The Ticket kept stirring the pot about Harbaughs people talking to the NFL.  Harbaugh said "I don`t have any people, I don`t have an agent"

That was a fun game. At least for me sitting at home in my nice warm, dry living room.
My wife and I were going to meet friends at a bar in Ann Arbor as we only live 20 miles away.  I stood in my garage and looked at that rain whipping around went back in and said "We are not going anywhere"   Popped a beer and we pulled out some blankets and watched from our couch.   

Only watched the first three quarters as I was coming down off a 24 hour deployment, so I don't know if I was dreaming or not, but did I actually see some semblance of identity on offense?  They seemed to carry forward from the second half of the PSU game very nicely.  I still don't expect them to shock the world moving forward, but it seems like the youth of this team is finally starting to find itself.  :mellow:  

Also happy to see them throwing the ball down field and letting the WRs battle.  Not many can keep with them physically without PI....should be the game plan moving forward.

Sad new but good news for M QB commit JD Johnson.

Michigan quarterback commit J.D. Johnson announced Wednesday that his football career has come to an end due to a medical condition, but coach Jim Harbaugh will honor his scholarship and give him a place on the team staff.

Johnson made the announcement on Twitter, posting a trio of notepad screenshots.

Here are his full comments:

"I want to announce that as of today, my football playing career has come to an end.

"I was born with an undecided birth defect called a ‘coarctation of my aorta,’ which was diagnosed when I was 12. I knew following my senior season that I required an expansion adjustment to the stent I had inserted back then, which is scheduled for Dec. 12, but my focus remained on winning the first Arizona State 6A championship at Pinnacle High School.

"After going through a battery of tests and a complete evaluation of my cardiovascular system, the doctors discovered that I have some issues that cannot be corrected through additional surgery. I was told that I did not meet the clearance standard to continue playing a contact sport for fear that my aorta could rupture or that not enough blood would get to my brain, causing an on-field stroke.

"Upon receiving this news, I was not only in shock, but I was terrified as to what this meant about my future at Michigan. In mid-December 2018, I took an unofficial visit to the University of Michigan, where I found a true TEAM environment that was perfect for me.

"I wanted nothing more than to be a Michigan man. Coach Harbaugh called after receiving the news of my test results. Unsure and scared to what the conversation was going to be, coach, without hesitation, said that my scholarship would be honored, and offered me a position to join the Wolverines staff and help any way I can.

"I am a witness to Coach Harbaugh’s character and integrity in a situation where he has every reason to tell me, ‘Good luck with your future.’ He means what he says and stands behind his commitments when he could have taken the easy way out. He demonstrated a high level of loyalty to a player who will never throw a touchdown pass for him.

"I already bled Michigan blue, but Coach Harbaugh demonstrated an example to me like the old ‘Starfish Parable.’ You cannot impact everyone’s life, but sometimes making a difference in the life of just one counts for something.

"There is no better place to be a college football player than Ann Arbor. Coach Harbaugh -- I promise I will make the opportunity you have given me count.

"I have been so blessed to play with amazing and talented teammates and thankful that I have been coached by outstanding character-centered coaches over the past 12 years. Thank you!

“I gain peace through Jeremiah 29:11, which reads, 'For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and to not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

We are heading out to Ann Arbor for a game this fall.  7 guys, and none of us have ever been.  There aren't many AirBnB's left, or available for that amount of people.

Currently have reservations at Weber's, from a friend's recommendation, but looking closer, the location is not ideal and the reviews are not great either - 3 stars and some bad reviews.

We will be there from Thursday to Sunday and will fly in and out of Ann Arbor.  So the Hyatt by the airport would be convenient and has better reviews - also, 4 stars, fwiw.

Staying in the heart of town and also near the stadium seems like the way to go, no?  The Marriott Residence Inn fits those parameters and reviews are fine, but a home would be better.

I also checked out The Graduate, which looks like a cool spot.  

Any others I missed?  Where should we stay??

Last edited by a moderator:
We are heading out to Ann Arbor for a game this fall.  7 guys, and none of us has ever been.  There aren't many AirBnB's left, or available for that amount of people.

Currently have reservations at Weber's (friend's recommendation), but looking closer, the location is not ideal and the reviews are not great either - averages 3 stars w/ some issues.

We will be there from Thursday to Sunday and will fly in and out of Ann Arbor.  So the Hyatt by the airport would be convenient and has better reviews (avgerages 4 stars).

However, staying in the heart of town, near the stadium seems like the way to go.  The Marriott Residence Inn fits those parameters and is 4 stars.

I also checked out The Graduate, which looks kind of cool.  Any others I missed?

So, where should we stay?
No advice on where to stay, but just to say: The alums and such park on the far side of the stadium away from campus (golf course, etc.).  That's fine, but you might consider making the walk from the main campus area down to the game ...so stay wherever, and park around the main campus and join the ever-growing crowd that marches over the stadium.  I miss that experience as much as anything related to Michigan games.

Is that little hamburger joint still open that was the size of a shoebox but served probably the best greasy hamburgers ?

ETA: Hunter House. So awesome. Guess maybe the A2 location is closed.

Is that little hamburger joint still open that was the size of a shoebox but served probably the best greasy hamburgers ?

ETA: Hunter House. So awesome. Guess maybe the A2 location is closed.

Sure you weren't think of Blimpy Burger? I understand its moved to a different spot in Ann Arbor.

tri-man 47 said:
No advice on where to stay, but just to say: The alums and such park on the far side of the stadium away from campus (golf course, etc.).  That's fine, but you might consider making the walk from the main campus area down to the game ...so stay wherever, and park around the main campus and join the ever-growing crowd that marches over the stadium.  I miss that experience as much as anything related to Michigan games.
Agree with this.  I thought it was easier to get out of there also.  

Users who are viewing this thread