What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Mahomes is Better At Baseball Than Jose Abreu*** (10 Viewers)

Didn't Clemente do that?

Or maybe he had a triple for his?
no homer. i was there.

i was hitchhiking home from Cali cuz i'd been offered been offered a job i wanted back home and i'd gotten a ride thru the nite which ended outside Pittsburgh. i had family there so i went to a mall by the exit and called them, but everybody had left the house for the day. i wanted to see em and needed a good meal so i decided to kill the day in this spanking brand new Monroeville Mall. i got chased out of several shops as a dirty hippie, so i spent most of the day in the public area, the feature of which was an electrically-timed, multi-spout fountain. sat there so long that i memorized the pattern so , with nothing else to do, i started humming Ride of the Valkyries and "conducting" the water as it shot from each jet. got many cheers & made several bucks from admirers before they stopped me.

my auntie got home first and came to pick me up and we got Isaly's. when uncle got home - he was teaching at Pitt, we had watched many Forbes Field games from his office in the Cathedral of Learning - he said i came just in time. Clemente had just gotten his 2999th so we were going to the new stadium to watch his 3000th. Uncle Bob, cousins Rob, Maura & Kathleen piled into the wagon and went to what looked like the emergency spaceship if a bomb hit or sumn. good seats, 1st base side (occasions like this didnt increase ticket sales back then), Clemente comes up third, immediately hits a slapper to the right side, 2nd baseman knocks it down but cant get him in time. We all go nuts til an electric "E" appears on the scoreboard. aw, come on! when he goes 0-4, we console ourselves with the thought that we saw the "real" 3000th.

Saturday, we do a family outing, nothing but updates on the car radio. still no 3000. Sunday morning, auntie makes us a nice breakfast but she can soon tell that uncle & i are vibrating to take one more crack at seeing the 3000th. last game of the year, so this is it. auntie lets us go and we jump for joy like lil kids. #21 comes up and strikes out, and we start to wonder, but the great Clemente hits a gapper 2nd up for the big number. never imagined Roberto Clemente would never be on base again.

50 years ago this fall. i'll never get used to saying things were 50 years ago........
Just saw this gem by Wikkid.
Great read if anyone missed it.

Payback 11 years in the making.
Not really.

The 2011 Phillies had the best record and the Cardinals knocked them out and then went on to win the World Series.

The Phillies just beat a Cardinals team that no one, not even the most hardcore fan here in STL, really thought had a chance to win it all. The Phillies need to win the World Series for this "payback" to even be in the same ballpark.

Not really.

The 2011 Phillies had the best record and the Cardinals knocked them out and then went on to win the World Series.

The Phillies just beat a Cardinals team that no one, not even the most hardcore fan here in STL, really thought had a chance to win it all. The Phillies need to win the World Series for this "payback" to even be in the same ballpark.
Pujols and Molina last game. That was basically Howard's last game (yes he continued to play but he was done). We lost 1-0 at home frustratingly not being able to score a run. I don't care what happens. Payback.

Not really.

Pujols and Molina last game. That was basically Howard's last game (yes he continued to play but he was done). We lost 1-0 at home frustratingly not being able to score a run. I don't care what happens. Payback.
I guess. Pujols and Molina (and Wainwright) got their proper sendoff in the last regular season home game last week.

Let’s ****ing go M’s

Hell yes! Big fan.

I was 10 in their inaugural season. I attended dozens of games in the Kingdome while growing up in Seattle.

After moving away from Seattle I’ve been to several games in the new stadium when visiting.

So happy that they ended the playoff drought.

I’ve purchased the MLB Extra Innings package twice in my life. First in 2001, the last time they made the playoffs, because I was intrigued to watch Ichiro in his “rookie” season. And again this year to watch JRod. I guess I’m going to have to buy it every year now.

I don’t like our chances vs. Houston either—-like you said, they’ve dominated us recently. But I’d love to see the M’s prove us wrong.

Didn't Clemente do that?

Or maybe he had a triple for his?
no homer. i was there.

i was hitchhiking home from Cali cuz i'd been offered been offered a job i wanted back home and i'd gotten a ride thru the nite which ended outside Pittsburgh. i had family there so i went to a mall by the exit and called them, but everybody had left the house for the day. i wanted to see em and needed a good meal so i decided to kill the day in this spanking brand new Monroeville Mall. i got chased out of several shops as a dirty hippie, so i spent most of the day in the public area, the feature of which was an electrically-timed, multi-spout fountain. sat there so long that i memorized the pattern so , with nothing else to do, i started humming Ride of the Valkyries and "conducting" the water as it shot from each jet. got many cheers & made several bucks from admirers before they stopped me.

my auntie got home first and came to pick me up and we got Isaly's. when uncle got home - he was teaching at Pitt, we had watched many Forbes Field games from his office in the Cathedral of Learning - he said i came just in time. Clemente had just gotten his 2999th so we were going to the new stadium to watch his 3000th. Uncle Bob, cousins Rob, Maura & Kathleen piled into the wagon and went to what looked like the emergency spaceship if a bomb hit or sumn. good seats, 1st base side (occasions like this didnt increase ticket sales back then), Clemente comes up third, immediately hits a slapper to the right side, 2nd baseman knocks it down but cant get him in time. We all go nuts til an electric "E" appears on the scoreboard. aw, come on! when he goes 0-4, we console ourselves with the thought that we saw the "real" 3000th.

Saturday, we do a family outing, nothing but updates on the car radio. still no 3000. Sunday morning, auntie makes us a nice breakfast but she can soon tell that uncle & i are vibrating to take one more crack at seeing the 3000th. last game of the year, so this is it. auntie lets us go and we jump for joy like lil kids. #21 comes up and strikes out, and we start to wonder, but the great Clemente hits a gapper 2nd up for the big number. never imagined Roberto Clemente would never be on base again.

50 years ago this fall. i'll never get used to saying things were 50 years ago........
Just saw this gem by Wikkid.
Great read if anyone missed it.

Beautiful, thank you. GD I miss wikk.

Here we go. I guarantee Musgrove has Red Hot on his ears. Pitchers use it as mechanism to stay locked in during games. It burns like crazy and IDK why some guys thinks it helps them but in no way is it “sticky.” Buck is smart tho. Could be trying to just throw him off.

this doesn’t sound pleasant
Huge mistake calling Joe out. Only fired him up more.

Last edited:
@scorchy and @Zow - you guys will be interested to know that Musgrove lives in OB. He walks his dog around my son’s little league field and will come over and give impromptu pitching lessons to kids who are throwing bullpens and practicing.

Last edited:
@scorchy and @Zow - you guys will be interested to know that Musgrove lives in OB. He walks his dog around my son’s little league field and will come over and give imprint pitching lessons to kids who are throwing bullpens and practicing.
Sounds like a good guy.

Except I’m a huge Mets fan. I’ll need some time to get over him channeling his inner Jack Morris.

Good first inning for the Phils. Need to keep adding runs though. 2-0 ain't going to win this one.

4-1. Peppering the hits on Fried. You can see he's frustrated in his face. Gotta keep adding on while he's still.in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread