What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (3 Viewers)

funny quote by TJ:

"The crowd was really into it. Just stared at my hand like an idiot. Not sure why I did it."@TJMcConnell

Really liked how they cut down the threes and went inside alot more. Boston looked frustrated.  Very interesting next game.  

need2know said:
Really liked how they cut down the threes and went inside alot more. Boston looked frustrated.  Very interesting next game.  
definitely. forget where i read it, but somebody talked about how Boston "crashes their guards" and basically said the inside is open to exploit. 

I am really hoping what we saw in the 2nd half too is that the Celtics are getting tired. they have played every other night for 9 of their last 10 games. TJ was just running in circles. 

what is so frustrating about this series is that they really should be up 3-1 right now (or however game 4 would have looked after winning game 2 and game 3). sucks knowing they have been better, but momentary lapses or dumb turnovers killed them

well, this one hurt. But not as bad as it could have. They played very well tonight, and showed resilience to some of Boston's runs. they had to overcome some odds (the other team in the bonus with 10 minutes to go is unheard of in the playoffs, i think), and fought back well. one or 2 shots and they win it. Mainly Embiid with that lay-up at the end of the game or the wide open 3 Reddick had with 1 minute to go. 

by the way, fun quote from Reddick: J.J. Redick: "Not every year has ended in tears, but the good ones have."

and i think i have to go off the grid for a few days. the amount of #### talking (not on this forum) by the Celtics' media, bloggers and fanbase is just disgusting. i mean to cry for 2 days straight like they did after game 4, and now to be all talkative. I guess getting their asses kicked in the Super Bowl hurt more then they let on

there were some good things too. I was ok with them packaging Dario in a trade but this playoffs show that he is such a key component. 

well, this one hurt. But not as bad as it could have. They played very well tonight, and showed resilience to some of Boston's runs. they had to overcome some odds (the other team in the bonus with 10 minutes to go is unheard of in the playoffs, i think), and fought back well. one or 2 shots and they win it. Mainly Embiid with that lay-up at the end of the game or the wide open 3 Reddick had with 1 minute to go. 

by the way, fun quote from Reddick: J.J. Redick: "Not every year has ended in tears, but the good ones have."

and i think i have to go off the grid for a few days. the amount of #### talking (not on this forum) by the Celtics' media, bloggers and fanbase is just disgusting. i mean to cry for 2 days straight like they did after game 4, and now to be all talkative. I guess getting their asses kicked in the Super Bowl hurt more then they let on
Really hurt by this one.  A lot.  I actually believed (and I'm usually a pretty levelheaded fan in terms of expectations) we had a decent shot to come back and win this series.  Thought we were gonna win this game and game 6 was going to be insane in the building and we'd force 7.  Really thought we had them... ugh.  This series really stings.  I mean the way Cleve is playing no way we'd beat them and make the finals but still really wanted to make it there.

Man, I really like JJ and want him back.  Has been one of my favourite players his entire NCAA and NBA career, and was ecstatic we got him.  It really seemed like he was going to sign long term here after this year, and that he wanted to.  Think he still stays?  He had an incredible season and will command a big contract.

Really hurt by this one.  A lot.  I actually believed (and I'm usually a pretty levelheaded fan in terms of expectations) we had a decent shot to come back and win this series.  Thought we were gonna win this game and game 6 was going to be insane in the building and we'd force 7.  Really thought we had them... ugh.  This series really stings.  I mean the way Cleve is playing no way we'd beat them and make the finals but still really wanted to make it there.

Man, I really like JJ and want him back.  Has been one of my favourite players his entire NCAA and NBA career, and was ecstatic we got him.  It really seemed like he was going to sign long term here after this year, and that he wanted to.  Think he still stays?  He had an incredible season and will command a big contract.
Him missing that open 3 near the end of the game will haunt him all off-season. My guess is he is back, no idea what they pay him though. Watching his free agent exp last year it seemed that where he was going to go was it. No more moving or going from different teams. 

But yeah the series really stings cause they should have won a few of them. Jj hits that wide open 3 sixers are up 5-7 (I think) with 2 mins to go

Speaking about next series, it will be funny when LeBron beats the Celtics, then comes here in the off-season and beats the Celtics in the playoffs for as long as he stays 

Saw someone compare it to the 2007 Phils. Good young team that just got their first taste of the playoffs but met with a short stay. They knew what they had to do to win the next year though. Let's see what happens this off-season.

Saw someone compare it to the 2007 Phils. Good young team that just got their first taste of the playoffs but met with a short stay. They knew what they had to do to win the next year though. Let's see what happens this off-season.
I think if there is a consolation, it is this should be a fun off-season (hopefully). This is embiid’s first off-season where he can actually work on some things. Dying to see Ben work on a jumper and see how fultz looks with 3-4 months of relaxed good work. 

That doesn’t even mention the possible trades and free agents 

modogg said:
I think if there is a consolation, it is this should be a fun off-season (hopefully). This is embiid’s first off-season where he can actually work on some things. Dying to see Ben work on a jumper and see how fultz looks with 3-4 months of relaxed good work. 

That doesn’t even mention the possible trades and free agents 

Insein said:

modogg said:
Speaking about next series, it will be funny when LeBron beats the Celtics, then comes here in the off-season and beats the Celtics in the playoffs for as long as he stays 
Pretty neat article about what we might do this summer:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/05/10/sixers-offseason-questions-ben-simmons-joel-embiid-lebron-james-kawhi-leonard

I was previously on the fence about Lebron, and then as soon as we got knocked out I was all about us getting Lebron, but man, if we can land Leonard and George that would be insane.  Even one of them and that puts us in a dead even race with Cleve/Tor/Bos next year.  Hope BC can go get those guys.

Pretty neat article about what we might do this summer:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/05/10/sixers-offseason-questions-ben-simmons-joel-embiid-lebron-james-kawhi-leonard

I was previously on the fence about Lebron, and then as soon as we got knocked out I was all about us getting Lebron, but man, if we can land Leonard and George that would be insane.  Even one of them and that puts us in a dead even race with Cleve/Tor/Bos next year.  Hope BC can go get those guys.
yeah, this summer will not be boring. Would love one of those FAs or a big trade, but more importantly is the more boring tracking of Fultz and Simmons this summer to see if they can improve

Kind of interesting since he’s supposedly tight with lebron.
Not sure the relevance of that to be honest. I don't think Lebron will sign in Atlanta, nor do I think Pierce would turn down a head coaching job and stay an assistant even if lebron was coming. 

Ive struggled with wanting him or not and have come to the conclusion that I don't want him. I think he's gonna stay in Cleveland now.  And I'd rather George and/or Leonard. 

Not sure the relevance of that to be honest. I don't think Lebron will sign in Atlanta, nor do I think Pierce would turn down a head coaching job and stay an assistant even if lebron was coming. 

Ive struggled with wanting him or not and have come to the conclusion that I don't want him. I think he's gonna stay in Cleveland now.  And I'd rather George and/or Leonard. 
Not that I think he would sign with Atlanta.  Just kind of an interesting side note to the lebron drama.  You would think that having pierce here still would increase the chances, though who knows by how much.

Boston crushing Cleveland makes me feel a lot better.  They are really really good right now and coached so well.  

Damn was hoping that 1.1% shot of the Lakers pick being #1 overall was gonna happen but no go.  Stuck at #10 in the draft. 

We now give up the Sac 1st next year which should be a good one.  But they lucked out again on the draw this year, so might get a good player at #2.

Still could get it if it's the number 1 pick, right?
Ah yes, that's right.  This Lakers/Kings pick thing has had the most complicated stipulations ever. 

If Kings get #1 pick that would be a miracle.  Means we'd only give Boston our first rounder next year.  What a swing that would be to our new eastern conference rival.

Pick 1:  Sixers
Pick 25ish:  Boston

OR

Pick 5ish:  Boston
Pick 25ish:  Sixers

Last edited by a moderator:
Sexton or Young maybe at 10?  Most mocks have us taking Bridges but one of those 2 pgs would be great Fultz insurance and they can both score. 

EDT:  The more I look at mocks, Young isn't going to fall to us. I do really really like Sexton, but warming up to the Bridges idea really fast.  He could be the PERFECT fit for us.  By far his best talent is catching and shooting (and he shoots at a very very high percentage), so he could fit beside Ben really well.

I love Kwahi but after this whole Spurs saga it seems he quit on them. He seems like a great person but the injuries and deamor scream similar to Derrick Rose in his final yrs with Chicago. Granted totally different injuries but I'd be hesitant on Kwahi right now bringing him in on any team. 

Sexton or Young maybe at 10?  Most mocks have us taking Bridges but one of those 2 pgs would be great Fultz insurance and they can both score. 

EDT:  The more I look at mocks, Young isn't going to fall to us. I do really really like Sexton, but warming up to the Bridges idea really fast.  He could be the PERFECT fit for us.  By far his best talent is catching and shooting (and he shoots at a very very high percentage), so he could fit beside Ben really well.
I've heard people saying you guys might trade that pick since the Sixers have two firsts this year 

so main med guy with the Sixers right now is the main doctor working with Kawhi. 

so main med guy with the Sixers right now is the main doctor working with Kawhi. 
But with everything with Sixers injuries would you seriously trust someone associated with them? I thought I read this year the Sixers med staff sent Fultz to a shoulder dr in another city when one of the top 3 medical Drs in terms of shoulders was right here in our own city. Not sure if I could trust any Dr associated with the Sixers right now on anyone. 

But with everything with Sixers injuries would you seriously trust someone associated with them? I thought I read this year the Sixers med staff sent Fultz to a shoulder dr in another city when one of the top 3 medical Drs in terms of shoulders was right here in our own city. Not sure if I could trust any Dr associated with the Sixers right now on anyone. 
they got an entirely new medical team that started last year. and the Fultz situation is a whole other story. Kawhi chose to go the Sixers medical staff, over his own team and any other.

believe me, i'm not all rainbows and unicorns with the Sixers, but things are better then they have been

they got an entirely new medical team that started last year. and the Fultz situation is a whole other story. Kawhi chose to go the Sixers medical staff, over his own team and any other.

believe me, i'm not all rainbows and unicorns with the Sixers, but things are better then they have been
Thought I heard there was issues with this medical team too. I think Philly voice or Philly.com had an article about the new team awhile ago. Maybe they were talking about the old team but it had to do with the whole Fultz situation. To me it seems Kwahi is being a malcontent and I don't know why. I haven't followed the whole story but just from what I read it seems like he completely quit on the team in SA. I don't know what happened to cause this ether. Is he feeling disrespected or not viewed like he should be there? 

Looking at the mocks now, I think that it would make more sense to grab a PG at 26.  Holiday, Brunson or Duval would be better value than Young or Sexton, I think.  Just don't think that Young and Sexton will do it defensively and would rather take a flyer on someone at the end of the first round as the insurance.

DiVincenzo could be interesting at 26 also.

Looking at the mocks now, I think that it would make more sense to grab a PG at 26.  Holiday, Brunson or Duval would be better value than Young or Sexton, I think.  Just don't think that Young and Sexton will do it defensively and would rather take a flyer on someone at the end of the first round as the insurance.

DiVincenzo could be interesting at 26 also.
Ya I would take Bridges over Sexton the more I look at it.  Would be really really hard to pass up Young though if he slips to 10.  We'd have to take him there I'd think. 

But the likely scenario is he's gone and we hope Bridges is there.  He's a guy we mighta taken around pick 7 if we drafted that high.  Hope we get him.

We should take Sexton.  He can actually shoot threes and drive to the hole.  Hes a baller.  He's going to get better

I know some in here listen to the Right to Ricky Sanchez podcast. I may be finally done with it. Spike Eskin's latest take on why he doesn't want Lebron to come to the Sixers is the dumbest, most ego-centric take there is. I know that is part of their things how everything is about them, but I think it is a little too close to being accurate with Spike

@Long Ball Larry I know you are a fan, can you talk me out of this take from above?

ETA: one example of what he said, was that he would rather the Sixers not a championship, then win with Lebron on the team. He would rather see the team lose to the Celtics in the conference finals multiple times, then win the conference finals against the Celtics with Lebron. it is just dumb and so ego-centric. Not thanks watching them lose multiple times in the playoffs as the team starts to get older.

I know some in here listen to the Right to Ricky Sanchez podcast. I may be finally done with it. Spike Eskin's latest take on why he doesn't want Lebron to come to the Sixers is the dumbest, most ego-centric take there is. I know that is part of their things how everything is about them, but I think it is a little too close to being accurate with Spike

@Long Ball Larry I know you are a fan, can you talk me out of this take from above?

ETA: one example of what he said, was that he would rather the Sixers not a championship, then win with Lebron on the team. He would rather see the team lose to the Celtics in the conference finals multiple times, then win the conference finals against the Celtics with Lebron. it is just dumb and so ego-centric. Not thanks watching them lose multiple times in the playoffs as the team starts to get older.
So I guess you want Dario to get Arthur-memed?

I don't disagree with him there. I didn't want Lebron on Chicago in 2010 either nor want him now. I hate to be accused as the team who BOUGHT THEIR TITLE. The Sixers are doing some good things with the rebuild (It's how they've went about I don't agree with but will give props where do) and I think adding Lebron does a few bad things even though there are good things. I think people are naive if Lebron will march to the beat of Brown's drum. Lebrun doesn't seem like a guy who follows other orders. Kyrie left the Cavs do to infighting and basically if the Sixers lose under the Lebron it's always gonna be everyone else fault because Lebron apparently can never be blamed for anything even the current Cleveland roster HE PICKED HIMSELF. To me if I was a Sixers fan I'd feel dirty winning a title with Lebron. I'd take more satisfaction beating him for it then winning with him. One of the reasons I loved what our Eagles did was it was genuine. Built through mostly the draft with some key under the radar FA signings. We didn't go out and spend millions on the big top FAs out there. I think given that we won the title the way we did I'd have felt dirty winning that title with the "Dream Team" Vince Young called us. 

I don’t really feel spikes point about how he wouldn’t enjoy it experientially if it felt like “lebron’s” team, though I don’t tend to experience sports in that way.  To me, it would be a fascinating experiment.

i do share the concern that I think mike brought up that if lebron is here, then lebron is basically in charge of everything. And I would be pretty averse to mortgaging the future to make lebron happy.  Though part of that is that I don’t see his arrival guaranteeing a championship considering the potential fit issues and the warriors.

I don’t really feel spikes point about how he wouldn’t enjoy it experientially if it felt like “lebron’s” team, though I don’t tend to experience sports in that way.  To me, it would be a fascinating experiment.

i do share the concern that I think mike brought up that if lebron is here, then lebron is basically in charge of everything. And I would be pretty averse to mortgaging the future to make lebron happy.  Though part of that is that I don’t see his arrival guaranteeing a championship considering the potential fit issues and the warriors.
yeah but there isn't that much wiggle room. You have Dario and Simmons to re-sign in 2 years, so the cap is kind of locked in. and i think you look at some of those teams he was on, he may have been better then those GMs. 

for me, part of the whole process was getting these rookie contracts and bringing in a big time FA. so it is all part of the plan. I just can't stand that thought process of "if Lebron was here it will bring more anxiety because we will be expected to win". that was a nice thing during the dark years that when the Sixers would win it would be a pleasant surprise, but this whole scared to fail thing is for the birds

Per John Clark 

Brett Brown has agreed to 3 year contract extension with Sixers, so he is under contract for 4 seasons

Matched biggest 2 year turnaround in NBA history going from 10 to 52 wins 
#PhilaUnite

yeah but there isn't that much wiggle room. You have Dario and Simmons to re-sign in 2 years, so the cap is kind of locked in. and i think you look at some of those teams he was on, he may have been better then those GMs. 

for me, part of the whole process was getting these rookie contracts and bringing in a big time FA. so it is all part of the plan. I just can't stand that thought process of "if Lebron was here it will bring more anxiety because we will be expected to win". that was a nice thing during the dark years that when the Sixers would win it would be a pleasant surprise, but this whole scared to fail thing is for the birds
Of coarse you want the biggest fish but I think the Sixers are better off with the Paul George type FA. Maybe trading for Leonard but not sure they'd want to give up what the Spurs may want. If I were the Spurs everything starts with the 2 1st round picks in someway or another, Saric, Korkmaz and Covington. Fultz to me doesn't have the value anymore given his injuries and all. 

I'm torn on Lebron.  I think Eskin's take on not wanting Lebron is silly, but I unfortunately admittedly have SOME of the same feelings.  Personally I don't like Lebron, and have argued and debated him against a few Bronsexuals over the last decade or so.  These same people have been very vocally anti-sixers strategy.  So yes, I would personally feel a little cheap, and HATE having to hear them say "your process wouldn't have worked ever, Lebron saved you".  As much as I agree he's our best chance to win a title, I'm not sure I could handle that and really really REALLY want one without him.   So I'm 50/50 on wanting him here for selfish reasons.

Gimme George all day.  Want him badly.

It's looking true even though the Fanatic (home of the Sixers) is trying their best to make it seem like a Hinkie setup job. Which admittedly would be fantastic if it was.

Users who are viewing this thread