What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (1 Viewer)

I cheered out loud when Vic and Nicole got on their stand-by flight.
I wasn't a fan of the drink and monk tasks which were just Travelocity commercials.

Sorry to see Team Fun go. They were so upbeat and both were pretty good at everything. Just too many mistakes this leg. It looks like the Afghanimals will break the record for most legs run next week. All the remaining teams are pretty strong. Should be a good finish.

Happy to see Nicole and Victor survive against Team Fun.  I am rooting for them 1st and then Colin and Christie.  I don't like the Afghanimals or the gay team.

Sorry to see Team Fun go. They were so upbeat and both were pretty good at everything. Just too many mistakes this leg. It looks like the Afghanimals will break the record for most legs run next week. All the remaining teams are pretty strong. Should be a good finish.
I agree. They kept a positive attitude even when getting U Turned and making some mistakes. Becca was very athletic, too.

Hooking up with strong males and riding behind them to try to win a reality show is typical Nicole.
Victor is such nice and loyal guy, he does all the heavy lifting (literally and figuratively) for all of his reality show alliances.

Afghanimals are the only team I don't want to see win.  And I don't even think they are that bad - every season needs a villian.  They are annoying competitors but they have some self-awareness about it. 

Satellite went out last night due to a storm, so we didn't get to see the last 15 minutes.  Was not surprised to see Team Fun was the team to go though.  That not checking the eggs after you just pole vaulted a swamp mistake was pretty egregious.  

Satellite went out last night due to a storm, so we didn't get to see the last 15 minutes.  Was not surprised to see Team Fun was the team to go though.  That not checking the eggs after you just pole vaulted a swamp mistake was pretty egregious.  
I see what you did there. 

For me, at least, that was a satisfying season. I was glad to see three Race teams in the final leg. Phil was right when he said Victor and Nicole were the best of the BB and Survivor teams. Pretty impressive that they beat teams like Team Fun and the Reilly sisters. It was sad to see Leo and Jamal totally blow the safe challenge. They didn't even show them during that last half hour until the other two teams had already finished.

Interesting to see that each team moved up one place from their earlier races (the Afghanimals moved up from fourth twice to third, Tyler and Corey moved up from third to second, and Colin and Christie went from second to first). It was also a real "redemption" edit for Colin. He was so different than during season five when he was a total tool. Good to see that someone can actually change for the good.

Even though it was a fun twist to see the various reality teams compete, I'll be happy to see brand new teams on the next race. That is always better.  

Christie: "We're pretending like we're two hours behind and we're coming from the rear. We seem to do pretty good when we're in that position."

No offense to those that play it and enjoy it but that fowling game just looks dumb. It's similar to the beanbag game which is also dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fine with whoever won, but teams helping each other on the final legs of the race totally annoyed me.  Why you would want to help the dentists out makes no sense, no matter how much you liked them,  I was glad cory and tryler lost because of it.   I was actually rooting for the afghanimals after that, to bad that dude couldn't figure out a lock.

Happy Leo and Jamal didn't win. Maybe they got a bad edit that overplayed their cockiness, but they were clearly arrogant and glad Leo got his comeuppance. 

colin and christie not winning in their first season, actually made me stop watching the show for a while.  they were so freaking dominant. i didn't care about the doucheery.  kinda like russel hanz.  they deserved to win and got hosed.

happy to see them win this time.

Season 32 of The Amazing Race will debut on Wednesday, May 20, 2020, in the Survivor time slot the week following the Survivor 40 Winners at War season finale.

Eleven new teams will begin their race around the world at the iconic Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, CA.

The teams will stop in destinations including Trinidad and Tobago, France, Germany, Kazakhstan, and Brazil along their way to the finish line.

The first team that crosses the finish line in New Orleans, LA will be crowned the winners and receive the $1 million prize.

The Amazing Race's 32nd season completed filming in December 2018, long before the current global outbreak of Coronavirus.

The next season will start on Wednesday, October 14th at 9PM.

It moves to Wednesdays at 8PM after two weeks on 10/28.
Do the winners get their money right away or do they have to wait for the show to air?  Filming was done in December 2018, it would really suck if the winners had to go two years knowing they had a million dollars that they couldn't use for fear of breaking their non disclosure, especially if they lost their actual job to covid

The teams for the current race, season 32, have been announced. There are three teams with professional athletic backgrounds. The eleven teams are:

- "Former NFL Stars" DeAngelo Williams and Gary Barnidge

DeAngelo is a 36-year-old from Charlotte, NC, and Gary is a 34-year-old from Middleburg, FL.

- "Siblings" Eswar Dhinakaran and Aparna Dhinakaran, engineers/entrepreneurs

Eswar is a 24-year-old from Fremont, CA, and Aparna is a 26-year-old from Berkeley, CA.

- "Father and Son" Jerry Eaves and Frank Eaves, basketball coach & luxury car salesman

Jerry is 61 years old and Frank is 25 years old. They are both from Louisville, KY.

- "Sisters" Kaylynn Williams and Haley Williams, real estate agents

Kaylynn is 30 years old and Haley is 31 years old. They are both from Bluffton, SC.

- "Married Parents" Chee Lee and Hung Nguyen, financial planner & professional development coach

Chee is 38 years old and Hung is 39 years old. They are both from Houston, TX.

- "Former Olympic Hurdlers" Kellie Wells-Brinkley and LaVonne Idlette, strategic partnership manager & mortgage broker

Kellie is a 37-year-old from Richmond, VA, and LaVonne is a 34-year-old from Hampton, VA.

- "Dating Couple" Leo Brown and Alana Folsom, data analyst & communications associate

Leo is 31 years old and Alana is 29 years old. They are both from Somerville, MA.

- "Sisters" Michelle Newland and Victoria Newland, luxury car sales & auditor/consultant

Michelle is 34 years old and Victoria is 33 years old. They are both from Lafayette, LA.

- "Best Friends" Nathan Worthington and Cody Buell, La-Z-Boy manufacturer & environmental manager

Nathan is a 39-year-old from Dayton, TN, and Cody is a 33-year-old from Paint Lick, KY.

- "Pro Volleyball Players" Riley McKibbin and Maddison McKibbin

Riley is 31 years old and Maddison is 29 years old. They are both from Honolulu, HI.

- "Dating Couple" Will Jardell and James Wallington, dance teacher & events coordinator

Will is a 30-year-old from Nederland, TX, and James is a 31-year-old from Grand Rapids, MI.

The show premiers on October 14 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not shocking that Nathan and Cody were eliminated first. But it was surprising that the Olympians and Football players did so badly.

Looks like the volleyball players will be tough. Hard to believe that Chee and Hung won the leg after that goofy approach to the fish challenge.

I think that was the first time I've ever seen Phil at the mat say "But you're still racing, here's your next clue!" to every team but one. Has the "Pit Keep Going" ever been an elimination?

I think that was the first time I've ever seen Phil at the mat say "But you're still racing, here's your next clue!" to every team but one. Has the "Pit Keep Going" ever been an elimination?
Nope. This was the first time that a team was eliminated on a no-rest leg. Sucked for Nathan and Cody.

Nope. This was the first time that a team was eliminated on a no-rest leg. Sucked for Nathan and Cody.
We were wondering that. Couldn't think of it happening before.

I'm glad the NFL team made it through. I didn't think he'd ever get the steel drums.

I picked the Olympians as an early favorite but that was a rough start.

Michelle and Victoria were showing early signs of being the obnoxious team this season.
Totally. She mentioned something about the Korean team (something odd like that), him having to know piano and just acting like they were better than everyone else. It might just be that one sister that messed up the steel drums. The other one didn’t seem as bad and even kind of made fun of her for not doing well. 

Totally. She mentioned something about the Korean team (something odd like that), him having to know piano and just acting like they were better than everyone else. It might just be that one sister that messed up the steel drums. The other one didn’t seem as bad and even kind of made fun of her for not doing well. 
Yeah, I was really hoping to watch that time bite it on the goat run 3 or 4 times, was pretty disappointed when they got it on the second try.

After watching the Olympians blaze past those racing goats, I was surprised that they got eliminated so soon. They seemed like the best conditioned team. They just couldn't gain any ground after their first bad finish. Total opposite of D-Will and Gary who moved up from tenth to second and could have won the leg. Sweet make-up too.

After watching the Olympians blaze past those racing goats, I was surprised that they got eliminated so soon. They seemed like the best conditioned team. They just couldn't gain any ground after their first bad finish. Total opposite of D-Will and Gary who moved up from tenth to second and could have won the leg. Sweet make-up too.
I wasn’t surprised. They weren’t good at the challenges. Being fast helps if you are right next to people for a foot race but that’s pretty rare. I don’t recall a single challenge they finished really fast so they weren’t long for the game. The blonde sisters, nerds and father son haven’t impressed yet either so don’t think they’ll make it far compared to the rest of the teams.

Chinese.

Yeah, I was really hoping to watch that time bite it on the goat run 3 or 4 times, was pretty disappointed when they got it on the second try.
I haven't watched this week yet (and am studiously avoiding any further posts), but please let them be eliminated soon.  She was awful.  Maybe keep them for a couple of weeks for someone to root against, but I'd hate if they were there at the end.

Right now, most likable team is the NFL guys,  followed by the Chinese team.  I really want to root for the father/son, but damned if that Dad doesn't always look like he's sucking lemons.  Sorry to see the hillbillies go first round since it is probably the only chance they'd get to travel the world.

Interesting episode for showing the creation of the five team alliance. I thought that the statement by the beards that they trusted Will and James sounded like a set up for the exact opposite to happen. It looks like Will and James are getting a villain edit.

Not surprised to see Frank and Jerry get eliminated.

No need to have used the U-Turn on Leo and Alana when you are first. Just created an enemy that will focus on your destruction.
Agreed.

And if you do use it, why waste it on one of the weaker teams when there are plenty of strong ones left?

No need to have used the U-Turn on Leo and Alana when you are first. Just created an enemy that will focus on your destruction.
To be fair, if the father/son weren't completely incompetent, it would have worked... they could have taken a challenger from nearly second place all the way down to eliminated.

Users who are viewing this thread