What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Closers Thread - Hardcore SVs only (2 Viewers)

Eephus

Footballguy
We can now speak freely about closers since I believe all the board leegs are SV+HLD.

AZ - I've been burned before on Ginkel and McGeogh. Don't trust either but there should be saves available for someone because obliques take a while.

MKE - I have Megill in Pie and Uribe in SB so it'll probably be Payamps. I'm hoping for Uribe because 🔥

TOR - Yimi yikes

CWS - I'm sure the Michael Kopech project will work out fine. :oldunsure: Bryan Shaw would be proven closer choice for the ages.

KC - Will Smith/James McArthur = Agent J and Danno

Last edited:
We can now speak freely about closers since I believe all the board leegs are SV+HLD.

AZ - I've been burned before on Ginkel and McGeogh. Don't trust either but there should be saves available for someone because obliques take a while.

MKE - I have Megill in Pie and Uribe in SB so it'll probably be Payamps. I'm hoping for Uribe because 🔥

TOR - Yimi yikes

CWS - I'm sure the Michael Kopech project will work out fine. :oldunsure: Bryan Shaw would be proven closer choice for the ages.

KC - Will Smith/James McArthur = Agent J and Danno
Tor will be short term, but i read Chad Smith or Chad Green or Chad something might have a chance. Would've been Swanson, but he's dead.

The Punting SVs strategy was mentioned in need2know's help my team thread but it makes more sense to discuss here. I don't think punting SVs is viable in standard 5x5 roto anymore.

It may have made some sense in the past when there were more SPs who carried heavy workloads and most teams had defined bullpen roles. But good luck now piecing together enough reliable SPs to reach the IP maximums. There are a lot more nasty RPs who can contribute in K, WHIP and ERA categories and kick in an occasional SV or W.

The Punting SVs strategy was mentioned in need2know's help my team thread but it makes more sense to discuss here. I don't think punting SVs is viable in standard 5x5 roto anymore.

It may have made some sense in the past when there were more SPs who carried heavy workloads and most teams had defined bullpen roles. But good luck now piecing together enough reliable SPs to reach the IP maximums. There are a lot more nasty RPs who can contribute in K, WHIP and ERA categories and kick in an occasional SV or W.

i think it’s more viable to punt wins and just draft closers. sp don’t factor in decisions enough to be certain of wins and i might rather have a lot of rp and maybe 1-3 top SP.

my comment about punting saves was in relation to a situation the OP was in where he was trying to force saves with over bidding RP's that are mediocre. Different than making a conscious decision to go into a draft and punt the category.

i think it’s more viable to punt wins and just draft closers. sp don’t factor in decisions enough to be certain of wins and i might rather have a lot of rp and maybe 1-3 top SP.

I've never done it myself except due to injuries but I think SBs are probably the best category to punt.

Leclaric is killing me. Drop for yates?
I don't think Yates will be used as a closer. That is likely Robertson. I probably woulnd't drop Leclerc for Yates at this point.
All 3 pitched yesterday and Yates got the S, Robertson owner :kicksrock:
I saw that. I am guessing the TX pen is just a coin flip and whoever the manager is feeling each night will get a chance. No rhyme or reason unless one of them starts dominating.

Users who are viewing this thread