What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Trump Zeppelin's barnstorming tour hits a snag. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Hindenburg_disaster,_1937.jpg

Inside Donald Trump’s Total Meltdown (Time cover story)

http://time.com/4529433/inside-donald-trump-total-meltdown/

* Looks like the Republicans need extreme vetting. Extreme. EXTREME vetting.

They are going to build a wall, alright, a FIREWALL between the White House and a uniquely, singularly unqualified candidate, and also between the serial groper and alleged sexual assaulter and his countless victims. AND THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE HIM PAY FOR IT! 

I'm not complaining nor being an MRA. 

I'm simply pointing out it's typically self-important, overwrought, and that thought experiments like "Imagine if you can..." are often a sign of condescension. It also, of course, happens to be directed at one side of the political aisle when there are plenty (were plenty) of chances to post stuff like this or talk about stuff like this in presidential elections and elections past.

Anyway, 1992 called. It wants its lecture back.  
Yeah, your brand of self important, overwrought thought experiments are much better. No condescension in your tired clap trap, nosiree.

Last edited by a moderator:
why you being a d!k?
Look, this poster has more than made her feelings known about me in the past. 

This is one post of hers where I don't trust the place, timing, method, or mode of delivery. 

The narrative is likely true. I find it hard to care. And it's dated. Most of us don't act this way anymore, and never should have.  

Look, this poster has more than made her feelings known about me in the past. 

This is one post of hers where I don't trust the place, timing, method, or mode of delivery. 

The narrative is likely true. I find it hard to care. And it's dated. Most of us don't act this way anymore, and never should have.  
You missed her point.

Typically overwrought personal narrative is predictably dull and hortatory. 
Nice capsule review, Ebert.  Here's my meta-review.

"Glib dismissal without actually engaging any of the ideas presented. Mistakes smugness for pith and judgement for insight.  Would've just typed "tl;dr" but then he couldn't flex his lexical pecs by awkwardly shoehorning 'hortatory' in there. Two stars."

"Glib dismissal without actually engaging any of the ideas presented. Mistakes smugness for pith and judgement for insight.  Would've just typed "tl;dr" but then he couldn't flex his lexical pecs by awkwardly shoehorning 'hortatory' in there. Two stars."
:lmao:

tl;dr

Hannity has the Bill/Hillary rape victims tonight. 
Hillary raped someone. Wow! that is news! 

LOL, at Trump pushing the rape narrative about a guy who isn't even running for president when he is being sued by a rape victim himself, who was 13 no less. I guess dudes in gold houses throw stones all the time.....and then cry about the unfair media when they get called on their own indiscretions.

:lmao: :lmao:

Nice meta-review. That's about where it comes from.  
I'll admit, three of my intellects could fit inside of yours and I'm positive you doubled my SAT score, but damn it, his post was funny.  Yours?  Just bitter and dismissive, which doesn't make you very likeable.  Not that you care.  

This snippet from Brian Phillp's piece on MTV.com seems relevant here:

The world can destroy you in a million different ways. Because we are selfish and because our experience is small, most of us, at any given moment, are conscious of only a few of them. Our own problems seem vivid and tragic, but other people's problems seem a little blurry, even when we're trying to understand them. If you have never gone hungry, starvation is bound to look vague; if you've never been denied something you deserve because of how you look, or been attacked because someone larger than you felt entitled to your body, or felt alone and crazy for no reason, or been cheated, or been sick, then each of these sources of suffering probably feels less urgent than whatever specific adversity you have experienced. It's human nature. Your heartbreak feels bigger than someone else's war.

The proper response to this state of things, I think, is humility, along with a certain kind of trust in the face of other people's suffering: to try to believe what other people say about what they're going through, and to take it to heart. The basic gesture of moral imagination is, after all, to put yourself in someone else's place.

It is pretty telling that as soon as a woman shows up to address the issue of unwanted sexual contact by men, some neck-beard pops up to:

1.  Dismiss her experience 

2.  Question her motives

3.  Act petulant and aggrieved as though on behalf of all men

4. Minimize its impact by claiming that "men don't act that way any more".

This is the problem.  This is exactly the problem.  It is why rapes go under-reported, why sexual harassment persists, why Rush Limbaugh reports on the concept of "consent" as though it were some feminist voodoo.  

God dammit I love Peter Cetera.

"I am a man...who will fight for your honorrrrrrr."

Don't eff with a man's wife, rockaction!!!!!

This snippet from Brian Phillp's piece on MTV.com seems relevant here:

The world can destroy you in a million different ways. Because we are selfish and because our experience is small, most of us, at any given moment, are conscious of only a few of them. Our own problems seem vivid and tragic, but other people's problems seem a little blurry, even when we're trying to understand them. If you have never gone hungry, starvation is bound to look vague; if you've never been denied something you deserve because of how you look, or been attacked because someone larger than you felt entitled to your body, or felt alone and crazy for no reason, or been cheated, or been sick, then each of these sources of suffering probably feels less urgent than whatever specific adversity you have experienced. It's human nature. Your heartbreak feels bigger than someone else's war.

The proper response to this state of things, I think, is humility, along with a certain kind of trust in the face of other people's suffering: to try to believe what other people say about what they're going through, and to take it to heart. The basic gesture of moral imagination is, after all, to put yourself in someone else's place.
I know this wasn't your intention or the author's, but I am taking this passage to heart as a way to help me cope with a possible Nationals loss tonight :thumbup:

It is pretty telling that as soon as a woman shows up to address the issue of unwanted sexual contact by men, some neck-beard pops up to:

2.  Question her motives

This is the problem.  This is exactly the problem.  It is why rapes go under-reported, why sexual harassment persists, why Rush Limbaugh reports on the concept of "consent" as though it were some feminist voodoo.  
It's weird, because I did none of those things. 

My first girlfriend was raped. At five. 

My second girlfriend, I watched get harassed and groped by men. 

I watched, in D.C., women get sexually harassed on a daily basis when I worked there for five years at a top think tank. My boss got fired for it. 

So here's the rub: I'm no neck beard questioning your wife's experience. What I question is the self-importance, the -- yes -- hortatory thought experiment that goes along with it, her usual hubris, her demeanor, her timing, and doing it in the Trump thread when this could have been done in a million different threads at a million different times . 

How's that, Humanzee?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannity has the Bill/Hillary rape victims tonight.
Nice little preview of Fox's talking points for the next 4-8 years.

Hillary: We need to pass Wall Street reformation!
Fox: HILLARY ENABLED A SERIAL WOMANIZER!!
Hillary: Congress needs to vote on the Supreme Court justices!
Fox: VINCE FOSTER WIKILEAKS WHITEWATER!!!
Hillary: Today I'm pardoning this turkey...
Fox: WAR ON THANKSGIVING!!! WHY WON'T HILLARY SAY "RADICAL ISLAMIC VEGETARIANS???"

It's weird, because I did none of those things. 

My first girlfriend was raped. At five. 

My second girlfriend, I watched get harassed and groped by men. 

I watched, in D.C., women get sexually harassed on a daily basis when I worked there for five years at a top think tank. My boss got fired for it. 

So here's the rub: I'm no neck beard questioning your wife's experience. What I question is the self-importance, the -- yes -- hortatory thought experiment that goes along with it, her usual hubris, her demeanor. 

How's that, Humanzee?  
Never thought we'd see the day that rockaction was oblivious to what he was doing, but here we are.

:hanging my head:

This guy is running for President. There are no words to describe this guy and the people who buy the words that come out of his mouth.
Him playing the victim turns my stomach.

NYTimes lawyer responds to Trump's request that they retract the story..."Ouch"

https://twitter.com/melbournecoal/status/786620067370991616
The best untold story of this past week is the fight at the Times legal department over who would get to write that response.  That's the kind of thing those nerds dream about. "It's a legal no-brainer AND I get to tear into both Donald Trump and his attorneys?  I'll pay you $400 an hour!"

2.  Question her motives

mouth-breathers are doing this at the same rate as the neck-beards IMO.

Respectful treatment of women is definitely part of the "political correctness" of our age that many conservatives seem so bitter about. 

I found her post both eloquent and thought provoking, her timing impeccable, and the tone reluctant and conciliatory. Yours on the other hand is ham-handed, recalcitrant and, frankly, something I considered beneath you. Now I know better I guess.
What'd I miss in here?

Trump supporters are starting to sound like Tom Cruise in a Few Good Men:

"You're a lousy ####### softball player, Jack!"

The rest of the country: "Your boy is going down, Danny.  I can't stop it anymore."

Waiting for Hillary's "You're ### #### Right I did!" Hail-Mary is about all there is left to pull out a Trump victory.

You know or should know that I have nothing but respect for you. Look this is not conspiratorial, it's a criticism of the press.

My comment was provoked by listening to NPR this morning, the host went through the litany of women who have said that Trump has assaulted them. At least one or two of them were reporters.

Why was Trump being a serial sexual masher/assaulter not relevant before now? Hasn't this always been relevant, important information?
Because the "serial" nature of being a sex assaulter wasn't known before.  It's hard for a woman to publicize her victimization by a rich, powerful person (whether Clinton or Trump).  There's a huge risk to her personal and professional reputation.  It's only when people start talking about it that people realize it happened to others and they should speak up.

Trump feels he can touch a woman he wants with impunity for the same reason he stiff small businessmen after they do the work - The odds that he will destroy them is much greater than the odds they will get any justice through speaking up.

There were some stories about Trump's sexual behavior before this.  But the inevitable he said/she said nature of these things probably kept the press from pursuing them too much.  Then, three things happened:

1.  The tape, which was an admission of this type of behavior;

2.  Trump began championing the causes of women who had he said/she said claims against Bill Clinton, which makes claims against Trump with the same indicia of credibility fair game;

3.  Trump declared before 80 million + viewers that he had never done these things.

So is it really a surprise that these stories are coming out now?  I don't think so. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread